Disney dollars to pay for expenses

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
We're going to WDW in 10 months and my sister is going with us. We told her to purchase disney dollars throughout the next 10 months to help spread out the cost. She wants to use them to pay for hotel, food, etc. Well, when we told her this, we didn't realize that the largest increment is a $10. Has anyone ever done this with a large bill and paid disney dollars? I'm almost embarassed that I suggested it to her now.

Well, I paid for my entire trip last time with Disney Dollars. However, your sister might want to consider Traveler's checks instead. Disney Dollars are like cash and if she loses them then she is out of luck. It sounds like we are talking about a large amount of money. Is she an AAA member? She can get Traveler's checks for free there. It really worries me when people take large amounts of cash with them.

Yeah,

disney dollars are a great way to help spread out the cost of a disney vacation.

However, I would think twice about using them to pay the hotel bill. I usually use a credit card for the hotel bill, in case theyre is a problem with the bill for whatever reason.

I like to use the dollars for the restaurants, food vendors, souvenirs, etc.

Herc.

Has anyone ever done this with a large bill and paid disney dollars?

Sure have, I usually pay for my hotel in advance via credit card, but I regularly take multiple thousands of DD$ with me. No one gonna know what you've got in your carry-on, or in your safe at the hotel. Plus it helps that I'm a really big guy (weightlifter), so I'm not too worried about carrying some DD$ down to the most magical place on earth!!

We find using DD$ helps to make our trip even more disney magical!

Don't worry about, she'll enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter