Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

I’m a DVC member as is Pattipook, we’ll be going to the DVC Member meeting on embarkation day. Does anyone else plan to go? We could plan to meet.

So excited!!! Just booked the land portion to visit WDW before the cruise. We originally were supposed to be doing a Puerto Rican cruise and exploring PR... BUT those hurricanes ruined that.
We are happy to have you with us, but when you get a chance in the future to visit Puerto Rico, you really should visit. We did the re-positioning cruise this year (exactly 1 year before the first cruise on our back to back) and really enjoyed our time there.
How much time are y'all spending in the parks?

~Tink~

I’m a DVC member as is Pattipook, we’ll be going to the DVC Member meeting on embarkation day. Does anyone else plan to go? We could plan to meet.
Sadly no. We haven't made the jump yet. We keep talking about it.
But I am all for a Meet Up.

~Tink~

Sadly no. We haven't made the jump yet. We keep talking about it.
But I am all for a Meet Up.

~Tink~
Do you have any suggestions?
We expect to be on board fairly early. However, only late Dining was available, so around 1 we will be trying to change to main dining.
Have you signed up for Mixology? I do not think my friends are interested.

Do you have any suggestions?
We expect to be on board fairly early. However, only late Dining was available, so around 1 we will be trying to change to main dining.
Have you signed up for Mixology? I do not think my friends are interested.
I have started the mixology (the list is set up on the group page we are not allowed to talk about on the DIS). If you are interested, just let me know.
I have also RSVPed to the Sail Away party meet up.
How early is early. Since we are doing b2b, we will not. Be off the boat for very long.

Happy Monday everyone!
We are in single digit Mondays... only 9 more of these to go!

Today's forget me not is a reminder for your carry on bag. Don't forget to pack a casual outfit for dinner that night in your carry on bag. The cast members will do their very best to get each cabin its luggage before you have to head to dinner, but there are a few factors that slow this process down. First, they can only deliver luggage that the port authority has already cleared and loaded on to the boat. Second, remember, that people can arrive as late as 2:30 - 3:00, which is only 2 1/2 hours before dinner. Which means their luggage still has to clear the port authority, and find its way to their floor after they board. Third there could be up to 4,000 passengers on the boat who each are allowed to check 2 bags in. That is an possible, 8,000 pieces of luggage that have to navigate the narrow corridors of the boat to find their home away from home. And fourth each cabin steward only has 2 hands.
So, it is understandable that your luggage may take a little longer to find its way to your cabin than it will for dinner time to arrive. But if you remember to pack your casual dinner clothes in your carry on, you will not have to worry. You will be all set to go.
Have a great week, and I hope everyone has had the chance to get their online check in done.

~Tink~

Thanks for the information!

We three will most likely get to MCO around 9 to board a bus to dock. We will board with Platinum, so on board noonish, most likely. It seems the time to change Dining is usually between 1 and 1:30 start. We really want to get main dining. I check every day, no change in status.

Bobbi

Oh yes,

ANY MORE INTERESTED IN Local Candy/Snack Exchange?

Just mention it here for now!

Bobbi

Happy Monday everyone!
We only have 8 Mondays until our sail away party!!!party:

This weeks Forget me Not's are more of a what to forget type of thing.
I know that some of the items I will be listing today are going to seem like a, "Well that is obvious" kind of thing, but keep in mind that items on this list (and the ones on the complete list I will provide a link to at the bottom of this post) are similar to warning labels on items such as, " Do not use this blow drier while in the bath", "Do not climb on the railings" or even " Do not drink this poison, it may be hazardous to your health". These warnings and guidelines have to be added in print (be it on our cruise contract or the side rails of the boat) because someone out there already tried what we are being warned against. So, all though it may seem common sense to us, (unfortunately) not everyone has common sense. Also, I put in a few that are just down right entertaining (but on the forbidden list just the same).

Items that are not allowed on board:
- No weapons of any kind (shucks, I can not bring my loaded lazer cat.....SNL fans hopefully are laughing)
- Any pet aside from a service animal (see above)
- Realistic looking toy weapons
- Any non prescribed controlled substance (medical marijuana is included in the not allowed list)
-Power tools and tool boxes (I am guessing Bob the Builder has to find new luggage)
- Sporting equipment (this includes snow skis / poles, and fishing gear - you must do all of your deep sea
fishing on excursions only. The excursion operator will provide all of your gear)
- Kites, balloons, and pools (yes, pools are listed as not to bring)
- Wagons
- Bicycle, skate board, or any foot wear with wheels (and I am sure that if Back to the Future had actually
gotten the time frame right for our scientific advancements, hover boards [real Marty McFly ones] would be a no no as well)
- Rice cookers or hot plates (sorry you have to suffer with Disney's wonderful food)
- irons
- candles
- game stations
- Homemade or precooked food
- Personal Fireworks (I think this may have already been covered in weapons. If not, I think it should be
based on how I have seen some people use them)
- Lighting strings (ie: Christmas lights)
- Liquid Oxygen
- Power strips, extension cords, and surge protectors
- Any non-magnetic door decoration (this is a personal add on from me. The reason being, is that I witnessed
a teen decorate her cabin door with duck tape, and her parents were stuck with the steep bill of replacing the
door as a result. Oh and by the way, as an answer to the question of why didn't I stop her, when we were
walking by, the door was already 90% covered.)

A more complete list can be found here.
It also has a list of exceptions to the list with restrictions.

Happy packing!

~Tink~

Local Candy/Snack Exchange interest

Pixie hollow
Pattipook
Bobbiwoz
sicca1799

Any more interest?? We’re a friendly bunch, and it’s fun to try and share new treats!

Local Candy/Snack Exchange interest

Pixie hollow
Pattipook
Bobbiwoz
sicca1799

Any more interest?? We’re a friendly bunch, and it’s fun to try and share new treats!
Bobbi, maybe if some of our members hear some of the wonderful treats that you have exchanged in the past, their interests may be peaked.

~Tink~

Bobbi, maybe if some of our members hear some of the wonderful treats that you have exchanged in the past, their interests may be peaked.

~Tink~

OK, I went to my DCL suitcase, and picked up 7 papers from Local Candy/Snack Exchanges in the past....

Aunt Charlotte’s Candies from Merchantville NJ... home made chocolates that were absolutely scrumptious!

From a Chicago Family.......an assortment of Snickers, M&M’s and Fannie May treats!

Mobile AL ....the home of Moon Pies! For years there was a Lighted Moon Pie drop at dusk leading up to Fat Tuesday. During Mardi Gras in Mobile, Moonpies are thrown!

Sanford FL....the home of WONDERMADE marshmallows. These excellent marshmallows began after a man went on Internet to learn how to make marshmallows as a gift for his girlfriend. https://www.wondermade.com

Astro Pops....two rocket scientists quit their jobs, created these, modeling the pop after a three stage rocket. These have been made by various companies, in 2010 Ellis Kassoff acquired the rights from Spangler, and named the new company Astro Pop.LLC.

Mango candies from FL....the family that gave these out actually have one mango tree growing in their yard. They printed out a history of Mango cultivation, dating back to 4000B.C..

NJ....Fralingers salt water taffy, assorted flavors, interesting history.

It is FUN to give and receive treats! We know how many are in each cabin, and we give enough to share. I’m a history buff, so I do tend to keep the write ups!

Come and join the fun. Sign ups at least until December 15. I will ask you to PM me with your cabin number, how many in cabin and if any allergies. You can send me that information no, just title it Dream January CE!

I will send you your group information by December 20.

Bobbi

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank You, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. During this season of thanks, I hope you have much to celebrate and be thankful for (in addition to being able to take a Disney cruise).
For those that will be venturing out here in a few hours for shopping mania, be safe, have fun, and use some of your learned Disney skills. Most specifically the rope drop rule - Run pushing and shoving. That's the Disney way!

~Tink~

We are happy to have you with us, but when you get a chance in the future to visit Puerto Rico, you really should visit. We did the re-positioning cruise this year (exactly 1 year before the first cruise on our back to back) and really enjoyed our time there.
How much time are y'all spending in the parks?

~Tink~

We were quite saddened to not visit PR. We will go back one day. We had planned on staying on the island after the cruise for a few days. Repositioning cruise is also on our bucket list as well. We will be at WDW for 6 days, 5 in the park and 1 day at Kennedy Space Center the day before the cruise.

Thank You, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. During this season of thanks, I hope you have much to celebrate and be thankful for (in addition to being able to take a Disney cruise).
For those that will be venturing out here in a few hours for shopping mania, be safe, have fun, and use some of your learned Disney skills. Most specifically the rope drop rule - Run pushing and shoving. That's the Disney way!

~Tink~

Since 1998, when we bought our Cape May house as a vacation home, we have hosted Coast Guard recruits for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or both. It is a way that we can say Thank you to the next generation of Coasties. We have met some wonderful young men and women. This year we had 2 men and 2 women guests through the Red Cross program operation Fireside. Through their FB page, I will follow them and they will graduate on December 21!

Since 1998, when we bought our Cape May house as a vacation home, we have hosted Coast Guard recruits for Thanksgiving or Christmas, or both. It is a way that we can say Thank you to the next generation of Coasties. We have met some wonderful young men and women. This year we had 2 men and 2 women guests through the Red Cross program operation Fireside. Through their FB page, I will follow them and they will graduate on December 21!
That is awesome. Having the opportunity to share what ever it is that we have been blessed with, with those that are brought to cross our path is the best blessing that we receive throughout the year. Our youngest (the 17 year old that will be on this sailing with us) started an out reach 8 years ago now. He wanted to make sure that everyone knew that someone was thinking about them during the holidays. He gathered up blankets, and asked if we could take them and our Christmas left overs in to town, to the people who had no homes. That has since grown into a part of our holiday tradition and has grown to big for our family to do alone.

~Tink~

That is awesome. Having the opportunity to share what ever it is that we have been blessed with, with those that are brought to cross our path is the best blessing that we receive throughout the year. Our youngest (the 17 year old that will be on this sailing with us) started an out reach 8 years ago now. He wanted to make sure that everyone knew that someone was thinking about them during the holidays. He gathered up blankets, and asked if we could take them and our Christmas left overs in to town, to the people who had no homes. That has since grown into a part of our holiday tradition and has grown to big for our family to do alone.

~Tink~
So sweet!!

~Tink~
What a big heart your son has, and how wonderful that you all follow through with such kindness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter