Disney Dream: September 22nd, 2017 - 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (Halloween on the High Seas)

Hi everyone, DisNerdDeluxe here, we're ready to get cruisin for our Honeymoon! We're excited to join everyone!

-- Cabin # 9016
-- Family Name Brown
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G) Joshua (B) & Shalamar (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations Honeymoon
-- Any food allergies none
-- Favorite Disney Character All! But especially Shalamar: GusGus / Joshua: Smee
-- Favorite Disney Movie Shalamar: Jungle Book / Joshua: Pirates (all)

Last but not least...

-- Cabin # 7614
-- Family Name: Walker
-- Participants: Mom (initial J), Dad (initial D), and Ari (2 y/o girl)
-- Celebrating Mom's 30-? birthday!
-- Food Allergies: Ari is allergic to tree nuts, soy, eggs, and has a milk protein sensitivity. Poor kid. Believe it or not, she's a great eater.
-- Fav Characters: Ari loves Sophia, Moana and Dory. Mom likes Disney Princesses (except for Merida). Dad likes all things Marvel, Aladdin and Lion King.
-- Fav Movie: Ari doesn't have the best attention span but likes Sophia the First, Doc McStuffins, Frozen, and Moana.

All:

I will create a complete list with everyone's details and PM y'all on August 23rd.

The cruise is getting so close now! Our excitement is just brimming! My son keeps watching the AquaDuck video on youtube; his favorite is the one at night.

--Rebekah

Did you send the list? I didn't receive it :(

All: The list is attached!! Please take a look and let me know if any changes are needed.

**Updates made: 2 families joined and 1 family is no longer sailing with us.**

Attachments

• Disney Cruise_Sept22-25_Disboards FE list_ver2.pdf
    39.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Some FE FAQs from an FEinfo webpage....

SIZE DOES MATTER! You should make sure your Fish Extender is between 8" & 13" wide. Otherwise it starts to get in the way of your stateroom door. It should not exceed 5 feet, otherwise it will hit the floor. If you are creating your own it is suggested you make the pockets a little deeper than normal too. It will keep items from falling out and keep curious hands from reaching in (average depth is 5-6 inches)but 8-11 is a better way to go if you are making it yourself.

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CABIN GIFT AND INDIVIDUAL GIFTS?
Some do individual gifts for each member of a cabin, and some do cabin gifts.. A cabin gift would be something the WHOLE cabin could use/benefit from. Maybe its a frame, or a first aid kit, a sundae kit, or Laundry bag with detergent. Individual are just that: Something for the men, something for women, and then you break down the kids based on ages depending on what you are giving...is your item age appropriate for a 5 year old as well as a 14 year old? Some will also do a cabin gift and add something extra for the kids, another option. It is the thought that counts. And you should put some thought into it! Presentation is important too! ALSO…no one says you have to give the same item to everyone.

ARE THERE ANY RULES REGARDING WHAT I HAVE TO GIVE OR HOW MUCH TO SPEND?
The only rule really is you must give SOMETHING to each cabin...how you give is up to you. (YOU MAY NOT LEAVE A CABIN OUT THAT IS IN YOUR FE GROUP) Gifts can be homemade or store-bought, Disney, non-Disney, totally up to you! What everyone spends ranges. There is no “correct” amount on the gifts. Some people may be crafty, or thrifty, or really creative. Some may know how to use an embroidery machine, and that can help keep cost down compared to someone who has to special order an item. It’s whatever you feel comfortable with. It isn't about how much you spend; it is about the fun in exchanging and seeing what you get! That being said, please be sure to check the allergy listings and plan your gifts accordingly. There are lots of Facebook groups that share wonderful FE gift ideas! And Pinterest is FULL of FE ideas! :)

MY GIFTS ARE TO BIG TO FIT IN THE POCKET, WHAT DO YOU DO WITH IT?
1. You can lean it against the door
2. You can hang on door knob
3. You can leave it at guest services, marked for each stateroom and then notify each stateroom to go pick up.
4. You could try to ask the stateroom host out in the hallway to place it inside the cabin.
5. You can just hang it on the "fish.

WHEN LEAVING A GIFT, DO WE IDENTIFY WHO IT IS FROM?
Yes, LABEL, LABEL, LABEL! Its best to leave some kind of to/from tag on your items. Most want to know who it came from so they can plan "thank you" notes accordingly. (AND THIS HELPS TO PREVENT STICKY FINGERS.)

WILL I HAVE TO WALK ALL OVER THE SHIP TO DELIVER? WHATS THE BEST PLAN?
Sort of: Break up your list by location, Forward, Mid, and Aft before leaving home. Large zip locks are good for this. Place all your items for each cabin in one bag. When you go to deliver you can take the items out and then have the bags for other things. Gather all the Forward cabin items and head to breakfast a few min early. Start from your highest deck and work your way to your lowest.. Next delivery can be lunch or next time. REMEMBER.. You don’t have to deliver all on the first day.

ARE THERE BETTER TIMES THAN OTHERS TO DELIVER?
YES! Before or after breakfast or dinner, when there are more people around and the chance of sticky fingers is low. It’s suggested not in the middle of the night, when no one is around. or when people are in port and off the ship when sticky fingers are more likely (although rare). You can start delivering any time after sail away on the first day but PLEASE BE FINISHED by 5pm on the last day, so everyone can pack up accordingly.

For those of you making door magnets, below is a photo of the door dimensions on the Disney Dream! (The circle in the center is not an actual porthole window; it is where the door number is located.)

cruise door dimensions.jpg

Hi everyone!
I would like to join! It's our second cruise with Disney but its our first time doing fish extender.
-- Cabin# GTY
--Doyle family
--KaDerrah (Mom) ,Reign (girl)-11
-- Its My nieces's(Kennedy)7th birthday on the 22nd
-- Reign is allergic to all nuts all seeds sesame seeds too and Rye. The only nut she can eat is Almonds
--Reign loves Stitch and she also likes Moana,Finding Nemo,and Aladdin.KaDerrah (Mom) I love Snow White,Minnie mouse ,and Princes Tiana.
--Movies: Lelo and Stitch,Snow white and the seven dwarfs,The Princess and the frog,and Moana

Do y'all have your cabin number yet?

We will be on the cruise celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. Am I too late to join fish extender group?
I'm happy to add you to my list, but I can't speak for the rest of the group. Some people, us included, get to Florida early to have a few days at Disney World before the cruise so they may not have time to put something together. We have plenty of extra because my son and I kind of went crazy making stuff....so we'll add you to our list if you post your info!

Thank you.
One cabin is 8610
The miller family
Landon age 4 Mila age 16mos
Mom is Kelsey dad is nick
Celebrating Landon's 5th BD
Favorite Disney movie right now is Moana
The other cabin is 8546
The Hartman family
Finn age 2
His mom is Shannon
Finn loves Moana and Mickey Mouse.
Thank you for including us in this group. How do I find out how many FE items to bring? I know it's late notice so some may not be able to include our cabins.
These are my grandchildren and I thought this would be fun for them!
Thanks

About 8 posts up, there is a link to a spreadsheet...that has all of the others joining this FE group! You're on my list now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter