Disney Fantasy December 12th-19th 2021 thread

Tinkerbell0614

Disney Fanatic!! :)
Hey everybody, we just booked this and are super excited! This will be cruise number 8 and it will be me, my husband and our 3 kids and we will be traveling with friends we met on a previous cruise. Looking forward to meeting y’all!

Last edited:
Hi there..... Just booked this after our November 6, 2020 Panama Canal sailing was cancelled. LOL... and we booked that sailing because our April 2020 Hawaii cruise was cancelled. Think this one is out far enough?? Geez.... I certainly hope so. :)

Hi there..... Just booked this after our November 6, 2020 Panama Canal sailing was cancelled. LOL... and we booked that sailing because our April 2020 Hawaii cruise was cancelled. Think this one is out far enough?? Geez.... I certainly hope so. :)
I hope so too lol. I have high hopes for this one. We were going to do this exact sailing this year but it’s probably not going to happen and we didn’t want to take the risk. It’s nice to meet you!!

hi everyone.

Family of four here - myself, my husband, my son (7), my daughter (5) from Northern Virginia. 2020 is both my 10 year wedding anniversary and 40th birthday. We had a 3 or 4 (tried to forget at this point) night cruise booked over my birthday weekend, Dec 5th for this year. We were going to go to the parks for a few days beforehand, stay in the Grand Floridian....it was supposed to be magical. We went to Disney (first time for kids, first time in several decades for my husband and I) back in May 2019 and had been planning the next ever since.

Needless to say COVID changed all that. So my husband and I decided to double down and book the cruise we really wanted for 2021 - the Eastern Caribbean cruise. We're very excited (though I'm a little sad we won't get to see Vanellope's sweet shop) - I suffer from anxiety so the thought of putting my kids in a room with a balcony (my daughter is crazy) made me very nervous. Initially booked a deluxe family oceanview....I've decided to try and get over it/work through it after we went to the beach this past week and my husband and I spent all of our nights on the deck. I haven't told him yet I re-booked a verandah room. I think I'm not going to tell my family at all actually. (If anyone has any tips on locking down the door I'm all ears - I'm trying to push myself).

The only other cruise I've been on is a Carnival cruise to mexico for 4 nights back in 2004; my husband has never cruised at all. So we're newbies. I like doing my research (I'm here aren't I?) and I have SO many questions and SO many things I'm hoping we get to do.

I hope we all get to take this cruise next year - we will be spending 4 days at the parks beforehand so the first two days being at sea seems great. For those of you veterans I would love more information on:

1) Remy's Dessert Experience - how likely is it I'm going to be able to get a spot as a first timer?
2) Remy's/Massages/Adult time/Oceaneers Club - if we eat at Remy's for example do I just make sure I have Oceaneer time booked and make sure the kids get dinner beforehand?
3) Which night is pirate night? Formal night?
4) How crowded will it really be in terms of swimming in the pools? How early should we get up to get spots/skip breakfast?
5) Tips/tricks related to Christmas cruises - Santa, Characters, what should I not miss?
6) Wine. We're.....well there's not a kind way to say this - we're wine snobs. We're not the obnoxious kind that are jerks to people - and my favorite wine right now is a Spanish Red called DRAMA that's 10 dollars a bottle. But the wine packages made me do a double take at what they were charging for their premium bottles relative to the bottles they were selling. Are the wines in the restaurants (not Remy's) more expansive than whats in the packages? Do they even have wine at the rotational dining or just cocktails and beer? I'm thinking of doing a skywalker pinot noir for the room. If the wine isn't that great we will stick to beer which is just fine (hell, we may do both).
7) The waterslide at the top - is there generally a long line? What if I want to ride it over and over?
8) What will the water temperatures at the beaches be like that time of year?
9) I heard starboard is generally better for a few reasons and the room booking patterns seem to support that - correct?
10) We're on floor 9 (well I rebooked to there from floor 7) - I heard 10 was very noisy and that 7-8-9 are the some of the better floors. Is this correct?

Anyway y'all - fingers crossed that 2021 is better and we all get the vacations we deserve! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Last edited:

1) Remy's Dessert Experience - how likely is it I'm going to be able to get a spot as a first timer?
2) Remy's/Massages/Adult time/Oceaneers Club - if we eat at Remy's for example do I just make sure I have Oceaneer time booked and make sure the kids get dinner beforehand?
3) Which night is pirate night? Formal night?
4) How crowded will it really be in terms of swimming in the pools? How early should we get up to get spots/skip breakfast?
5) Tips/tricks related to Christmas cruises - Santa, Characters, what should I not miss?
6) Wine. We're.....well there's not a kind way to say this - we're wine snobs. We're not the obnoxious kind that are jerks to people - and my favorite wine right now is a Spanish Red called DRAMA that's 10 dollars a bottle. But the wine packages made me do a double take at what they were charging for their premium bottles relative to the bottles they were selling. Are the wines in the restaurants (not Remy's) more expansive than whats in the packages? Do they even have wine at the rotational dining or just cocktails and beer? I'm thinking of doing a skywalker pinot noir for the room. If the wine isn't that great we will stick to beer which is just fine (hell, we may do both).
7) The waterslide at the top - is there generally a long line? What if I want to ride it over and over?
8) What will the water temperatures at the beaches be like that time of year?
9) I heard starboard is generally better for a few reasons and the room booking patterns seem to support that - correct?
10) We're on floor 9 (well I rebooked to there from floor 7) - I heard 10 was very noisy and that 7-8-9 are the some of the better floors. Is this correct?
Hi elsawasajedi -

I've been on the Fantasy a few times... have actually done this itinerary. But have not experienced everything you mention above.

Below are some thoughts.

1) Have not done the "dessert experience".... wonder if that's somewhat new?? We have done "Remy's Champagne Brunch" and will say that is awesome. An expensive... ($75 pp I think??) but great experience.
2) Remy's is really a special experience. If you decide to book dinner, expect to spend 2-3 hrs there. You should be able to find menus online. The cheese cart rolled out towards the end of the event was the highlight for DW and I. But it's really special. Highly recommend. I believe it's $100+ pp to book. But worth it in my opinion. Have never done massages and never traveled with children so do not know much about the Oceaneer's club. Families we met on sailings usually make sure the kids have dinner and are scheduled for the Oceaneer's Club or other supervised kids activities during your dinner experience.
3) Formal night and pirate night are not on the same night. At least they never have done it that way on my previous cruises.
4) DW and I have never traveled with children and never attempted to "find a spot" near the pools. I do know getting a spot can be competitive. You will see people getting up early and leaving their stuff in an area in an attempt to reserve their spot. I believe that is discouraged but I don't think they enforce it.
5) Watch the character greeting schedules on the "Daily Navigator" and try to line up early if you can. The Daily Navigator is a paper guide made available each day (night before) at the guest services desk. You can also download the app... "Disney Cruise" much more convenient than running down to the desk for the paper copy.
6) So the wife and I (DW) are not wine aficionados but do enjoy adult beverages onboard. I'm a beer snob, she likes mixed drinks. They do have premium beers.. Belgian Quads, Trappists, Stouts... So I'm confident they carry high end wine options at the restaurants/pubs. Be prepared to pay the Disney premium. The wine package I believe is set up for folks who like to have a nice wine with their dinners. But the wines in this package is definitely NOT representative of everything available. They have Cognac that sells for $300 an ounce for the folks who have a high end taste.
7) Depends on the time of day and where the ship is at. If we're in port and you're not going ashore, that's generally when it will be least crowded. But the line is usually 20-30 minute wait in my experience.
8) The water at Castaway Cay might be a little cool in December. But nothing that you cannot quickly get used to. Water will be fine down in the Virgin Islands.
9) Yep... we like starboard but you need to book early. Everyone else likes starboard too!! View of Castaway Cay when we're there and fireworks from your balcony are usually the top reasons. Fireworks are always shot off the starboard side on pirate night.
10) Deck 10 is right below the pool deck so you would hear more of the noise from kids running above.

Last edited:
Hi elsawasajedi -

I've been on the Fantasy a few times... have actually done this itinerary. But have not experienced everything you mention above.

Below are some thoughts.

1) Have not done the "dessert experience".... wonder if that's somewhat new?? We have done "Remy's Champagne Brunch" and will say that is awesome. An expensive... ($75 pp I think??) but great experience.
2) Remy's is really a special experience. If you decide to book dinner, expect to spend 2-3 hrs there. You should be able to find menus online. The cheese cart rolled out towards the end of the event was the highlight for DW and I. But it's really special. Highly recommend. I believe it's $100+ pp to book. But worth it in my opinion. Have never done massages and never traveled with children so do not know much about the Oceaneer's club. Families we met on sailings usually make sure the kids have dinner and are scheduled for the Oceaneer's Club or other supervised kids activities during your dinner experience.
3) Formal night and pirate night are not on the same night. At least they never have done it that way on my previous cruises.
4) DW and I have never traveled with children and never attempted to "find a spot" near the pools. I do know getting a spot can be competitive. You will see people getting up early and leaving their stuff in an area in an attempt to reserve their spot. I believe that is discouraged but I don't think they enforce it.
5) Watch the character greeting schedules on the "Daily Navigator" and try to line up early if you can. The Daily Navigator is a paper guide made available each day (night before) at the guest services desk. You can also download the app... "Disney Cruise" much more convenient than running down to the desk for the paper copy.
6) So the wife and I (DW) are not wine aficionados but do enjoy adult beverages onboard. I'm a beer snob, she likes mixed drinks. They do have premium beers.. Belgian Quads, Trappists, Stouts... So I'm confident they carry high end wine options at the restaurants/pubs. Be prepared to pay the Disney premium. The wine package I believe is set up for folks who like to have a nice wine with their dinners. But the wines in this package is definitely NOT representative of everything available. They have Cognac that sells for $300 an ounce for the folks who have a high end taste.
7) Depends on the time of day and where the ship is at. If we're in port and you're not going ashore, that's generally when it will be least crowded. But the line is usually 20-30 minute wait in my experience.
8) The water at Castaway Cay might be a little cool in December. But nothing that you cannot quickly get used to. Water will be fine down in the Virgin Islands.
9) Yep... we like starboard but you need to book early. Everyone else likes starboard too!! View of Castaway Cay when we're there and fireworks from your balcony are usually the top reasons. Fireworks are always shot off the starboard side on pirate night.
10) Deck 10 is right below the pool deck so you would hear more of the noise from kids running above.

Thanks iadizfans!!!

The dessert experience was something i saw on the website - basically its a dessert flight meal they apparently only do one day during the sailing. Remy's sounds like the perfect get away adults only moment so I'm trying to balance whether to do a meal or the dessert if I cant book both for kid logistics reasons (dont want to short them too many nights of family meal time).

Thanks for letting us know on the 'definitely can't reserve spot' rule - thank you so much for the tip on the paper guide being released night before - i like tangible even though i already have the app hah.

We are also beer snobs! We actually honeymooned in belgium strictly so we could get in a car and drive around to every trappist (and others) brewery we could (6 I believe is what we hit). Though funnily enough on vacations like these i tend to be in a corona mode. probably the sunshine/buffet girl in me. I could take or leave cognac but I like some good (not too sweet mixed drinks).

Thank you so much!!

Thanks iadizfans!!!

The dessert experience was something i saw on the website - basically its a dessert flight meal they apparently only do one day during the sailing. Remy's sounds like the perfect get away adults only moment so I'm trying to balance whether to do a meal or the dessert if I cant book both for kid logistics reasons (dont want to short them too many nights of family meal time).

Thanks for letting us know on the 'definitely can't reserve spot' rule - thank you so much for the tip on the paper guide being released night before - i like tangible even though i already have the app hah.

We are also beer snobs! We actually honeymooned in belgium strictly so we could get in a car and drive around to every trappist (and others) brewery we could (6 I believe is what we hit). Though funnily enough on vacations like these i tend to be in a corona mode. probably the sunshine/buffet girl in me. I could take or leave cognac but I like some good (not too sweet mixed drinks).

Thank you so much!!
Excellent!! I'm envious about the Belgium experience. Did you get to try Westvleteren?? Cannot get that stuff at all over here. Here's a link to their drink menu. "Beer Enthusiasts" can enjoy Orval, LaTrappe Quad, and a farmhouse ale and a lambic. https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/pdfs/OGills_Menu.pdf

for some reason I cant reply direct :( @
iadizfans

Yep have been there and chimay and westmalle and others. Westvleteren was first place I ever had ice cream in beer! We also had a ton of lambics and gueze in brussels since there's a ton of brewers in that style in that region.

Hello all! Family of soon to be five here. Ages at cruise date will be Wife 37, Dad(that's me)35, Daughter 6, Daughter 4 and Son 1. This will be our third cruise but first with Disney. We have done Royal Caribbean only before this and, though it was fun, never felt like it was the right fit for my wife and I and now we have kids. We will be celebrating out 10 year anniversary. Looking forward to the cruise and possibly meeting some of you.

Hello all! Family of soon to be five here. Ages at cruise date will be Wife 37, Dad(that's me)35, Daughter 6, Daughter 4 and Son 1. This will be our third cruise but first with Disney. We have done Royal Caribbean only before this and, though it was fun, never felt like it was the right fit for my wife and I and now we have kids. We will be celebrating out 10 year anniversary. Looking forward to the cruise and possibly meeting some of you.
One of the activities done by families with children is called "Fish Extenders" Each stateroom has a fish next to the door that items can be hung from. Families get groups together on forums like this or among friends and hang a banner with small pockets from that fish so other group members can put small gifts and trinkets in for the kids. Just something to consider.

One of the activities done by families with children is called "Fish Extenders" Each stateroom has a fish next to the door that items can be hung from. Families get groups together on forums like this or among friends and hang a banner with small pockets from that fish so other group members can put small gifts and trinkets in for the kids. Just something to consider.
Thank you for helping. I found this site looking for how to join a fish extender group. We will see what happens. Either way, look forward to chatting it up and learning.

Hi all, this will hopefully be our 9th Disney cruise (we have cruise 8 booked on Magic next year also) anyway, DH and I travelling, daughter should be at university so will not be travelling with us on this itinerary.
We have mostly travelled on Magic(2x Med, 1x Northern Europe, Christmas 2017, westbound transatlantic) Fantasy (western Caribbean) and Wonder (Mexican Rivera).
DD and I were booked for Halloween cruise on Fantasy for October 2020 but this is cancelled.
We will be travelling from England (and the next town over from us has a huge brewery elsawasajedi) there seems to be two social media groups for this cruise.

Hi all, this will hopefully be our 9th Disney cruise (we have cruise 8 booked on Magic next year also) anyway, DH and I travelling, daughter should be at university so will not be travelling with us on this itinerary.
We have mostly travelled on Magic(2x Med, 1x Northern Europe, Christmas 2017, westbound transatlantic) Fantasy (western Caribbean) and Wonder (Mexican Rivera).
DD and I were booked for Halloween cruise on Fantasy for October 2020 but this is cancelled.
We will be travelling from England (and the next town over from us has a huge brewery elsawasajedi) there seems to be two social media groups for this cruise.
Welcome!!

Welcome to the group! Your almost platinum, that's awesome. This will be our first Disney cruise.

Hey y’al. We rescheduled today. We were originally scheduled for the December 12, 2020 Eastern Caribbean fantasy cruise and with Covid going on we decided not to chance it. So we looked and saw this cruise available same room only a few dollars more. We are a family of three possibly four. We have been cruising with Disney since 2004 are two adults are platinum cruisers and our 14-year-old who is a gold member so as you can see we really love Disney cruises. My name is Patti my companion is Misti and my 14-year-old Is Faith.

Hey y’al. We rescheduled today. We were originally scheduled for the December 12, 2020 Eastern Caribbean fantasy cruise and with Covid going on we decided not to chance it. So we looked and saw this cruise available same room only a few dollars more. We are a family of three possibly four. We have been cruising with Disney since 2004 are two adults are platinum cruisers and our 14-year-old who is a gold member so as you can see we really love Disney cruises. My name is Patti my companion is Misti and my 14-year-old Is Faith.
Welcome!! Hopefully we're past all this pandemic stuff by Dec. 2021!!

Hello, fellow cruisers… with our Jan 4th cruise now canceled we just booked on the 12th sailing. This will be our first Disney sailing (my wife and I). We'll be sailing with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law (their 3rd sailing).

I'm excited about this being a Christmas themed cruise and the port of calls of Tortola and St Thomas, I've been to St John's a few times (love it). Looking forward to picking up some tips from the cruise veterans and keeping the excitement going for the next 12 months.

Hi y'all. DW and I are from Cincinnati OH. This will be our 9th cruise, 4th on the Fantasy, 3rd Christmas themed cruise. Sailing this with my older sister who has Royal Caribbean experience (14) but first on DCL. Also coming is one of my children with three of my grandchildren. This will be their second cruise on DCL and first on the Fantasy (they got to do a double-dip on the Dream a few years ago). Been hanging out on the Facebook page for this cruise but thought today to come over and see if anyone was positing on the DIS. Hope we all get to meet in December. Not doing any planning at this point as I want to see what changes DCL will be making due to CDC restrictions. I expect character interaction to be limited, no big events like the tree lighting or deck parties and shore excursions to be totally different than what we have had in the past. Saying that, I also hope by December we are closer to being "normal" than what the prognosticators are predicting. Only time will tell. Probably won't have a good feeling as to what to expect until 30 - 60 days out. No matter, it will be DCL and it will be just fine.
Katesdad

We just got the ol' "Important Information About Your Cruise" email from DCL about this sailing. DW thinks it's the first step toward them pulling the plug. Hope not!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter