Disney Fantasy - March 14, 2020 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Meet Thread

BrilliantMcDades

Earning My Ears
Didn't see a thread for this one yet so I started one! This will be my family's third Disney Cruise - two kids 10 yo boy and 4 year old girl. We want to do fish extenders for the first time this trip!

Hi! This is my families 6th cruise and our 2nd time on the Fantasy DC Western itinerary.
My DH, DS (12), DS (10) and I are looking forward to doing this cruise again 🤗

Last edited:
Wow, second time on the cruise! We'd love to hear what tips you have for excursions and activities based on prior experience!

This was one of our favourite cruises! In Cozumel we did CZ64 Everybody loves Rays (you get to swim/touch sting rays and swim with nurse sharks) This was a fun adventure that the kids enjoyed. Just a heads up that it says in the description for this excursion that you will be transported to Stingray Beach and we were expecting a bus, as that is how we are normally transported to excursions, but they had put us into small groups and put us into taxis to take us to Stingray Beach, and we got to spend us much time there as we wanted and then they put us in a taxi bus with others who wanted to go back to the ship (seemed a bit unorganized by the guide but it was great in the way that you could leave whenever you wanted) If you do this excursion make sure to bring money as they sell pictures and souvenirs. We would recommend this excursion as we enjoyed getting to see and touch the stingrays as well as swimming with the nurse sharks.
In George Town, Grand Cayman Islands we just got off the ship and walked around in the shops near the cruise ship and did some shopping as we didn't see any excursions that we wanted to do there.
Despite all the negative reviews we heard about Falmouth Jamaica we had a great time doing the FA 30 Dunns River Falls Express with Lunch. This excursion is the reason we are going back as we want to walk the Falls again as it was a great experience.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer :)

Hello! This is our 12th cruise with Disney, but only the 2nd on the Fantasy :)
My, my DH, DS (16) DS (13) DS (9) and DD (7)

Booked this cruise on the weekend so I thought I'd sign up and watch this thread.
It'll be our 10th cruise... DW, DD14 and me
6th time on the Fantasy, our favorite ship. it's DD's spring break & we're escaping the frozen tundra that is Toronto during this time.

Booked this cruise on the weekend so I thought I'd sign up and watch this thread.
It'll be our 10th cruise... DW, DD14 and me
6th time on the Fantasy, our favorite ship. it's DD's spring break & we're escaping the frozen tundra that is Toronto during this time.
Welcome! We are also escaping the frozen tundra but from Ottawa Ontario

We are flying out of Toronto as well !! I teach so I need to go during spring break. My DD will be 12 almost 13

We are flying out of Toronto as well !! I teach so I need to go during spring break. My DD will be 12 almost 13

Cool! seems to be quite a few of us Ontarians... lots on the FB group
May I suggest to buy your air tickets as soon as you can... we did last week and prices are insane now 6 months out...can't imagine what it'll be like in December.

Nice!
Buy your airplane tickets... they're getting more expensive by the day... we did last week it was over $1000 pp (CDN)...and we've flown to MCO in low season for half that... crazy!

Nice!
Buy your airplane tickets... they're getting more expensive by the day... we did last week it was over $1000 pp (CDN)...and we've flown to MCO in low season for half that... crazy!
Tickets are SO expensive from Ottawa that we are flying in and out of the US as its a lot cheaper.

Hey, all. Have any of you signed in yet? I can't see where it says which night will be formal night and which will be Pirate Night. What am I missing?

Hey, all. Have any of you signed in yet? I can't see where it says which night will be formal night and which will be Pirate Night. What am I missing?

Signed in?
on the FB gp ppl can't seem to agree as to when pirate night will be.
I'm more intrigued about the fact that it seems there will be two (2) formal nights? dunno if that's the case or not but I'm ready.
See ya at the cruise!

I just did the "Live Chat" and asked about the nights. I was told the themed dining schedule has not yet been set for our cruise. She said the Pirate Night will be updated under "My Plans" once it is set, but that formal and semi-formal nights are not listed there. She also said that most 7 day cruises will have both formal and semi-formal nights, so I guess expect that.

So far, we've only done SWDAS cruises, which, I believe do not have a semi-formal night.

So, I guess the answer is "stay tuned". She thought that we'd know more in the new year.

I just did the "Live Chat" and asked about the nights. I was told the themed dining schedule has not yet been set for our cruise. She said the Pirate Night will be updated under "My Plans" once it is set, but that formal and semi-formal nights are not listed there. She also said that most 7 day cruises will have both formal and semi-formal nights, so I guess expect that.

So far, we've only done SWDAS cruises, which, I believe do not have a semi-formal night.

So, I guess the answer is "stay tuned". She thought that we'd know more in the new year.
I am able to check in online and I was just about to write to let you know that I am not seeing which nights are formal, semi formal or pirate and I was wondering if I was missing something but its good to know that its not posted yet.- can you keep me posted as I am not on the other sight ?
I know the last time I did the Western Caribbean Pirate night was on the day we were in Jamaica.

I am able to check in online and I was just about to write to let you know that I am not seeing which nights are formal, semi formal or pirate and I was wondering if I was missing something but its good to know that its not posted yet.- can you keep me posted as I am not on the other sight ?
I know the last time I did the Western Caribbean Pirate night was on the day we were in Jamaica.
I'm not on the "other" site, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!