Disney Fantasy - March 14, 2020 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Meet Thread

So I just finished up some door decorations. Here's one that others might like to use. Feel free if you like it. I just cropped the route, added some contrast and the date and ship, so nothing I can claim as my own:

FYI - I noticed the Pirate Makeovers are on Day 5. That must be our Pirate day.

I wonder if Formal day is still Day 2 and what day Semi-Formal will fall on?

Hey all....jumping on this thread as my family and I will be on this cruise as well. My wife and three kids (11, 8, 4) will all be joining me on the cruise.

As far as the formal/semi-formal dining, I did read that formal is typically the first day at sea (day 2) for formal and the second day at sea for the semi-formal (day 6).

Hi all, I am very excited for our upcoming cruise. Our first time on Fantasy, but 5th Disney cruise. Looking forward to the 7-nights. I am interest in participating in a fish extender exchange, Mom & son(15) .

Anyone know if they do anything for St. Patrick's day on the ship? Just curious since our cruise will be over that holiday.

In the past, there have been crafts and possibly green drinks and mint ice cream. Since we are in port that day, I'm not sure how many additional activities there will be on the ship.

Just in case anyone on this thread has missed the new DCL policy enacted today:

• Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. You can make this change by calling 1-866-325-2112. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

My wife and I need to discuss but my guess is that we won't cancel. Nice to have the option though.

We are still going. But I'm bringing extra of our meds in case of a quarantine. I'm also making a plan B in case tomorrow's sailing is quarantined and we can't get on.

My family and I are still up in the air about whether to go or not....Does anyone know how many people have canceled?

I've looked at room availability. There are a few rooms now where there weren't any about a month ago. But it doesn't look like a lot, just a few on each floor. Well, to be honest, I only looked at the cat 4 rooms. I don't know about the others.

Edit: That was yesterday. There are more today and some GTY rooms, as well.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people made moves yesterday with the new cancellation policy but I think a lot of people couldn't get in so there may be more today.

We are still planning on going as well. May look into an upgrade at embarkation with the cancellations but we already have a family verandah so not sure we really care about anything else until you get to the 1 bedroom suite which is a ton more.

Yeah there are a few 1 bedrooms available right now, so you might have a chance at a port upgrade for a good price.

We have 2 connecting cat 4 rooms, so I don't think upgrades would work for us unless a cat V that's connected comes available.

Yeah, I've been watching the 1 bedroom suites and there was 2 to begin with before all the talk about cancellation started. It is now up to 5.

The current cost is like 36k which it way outside our range so not sure the discount would be enough to put it within our range. Still determining if I want to mess with it during embarkation. On the other hand, this unfortunate situation could provide a possibility that we normally wouldn't have.

I've looked around and haven't been able to figure out a likely cost. This situation is a bit unique so not sure other research would be relevant anyway.

There's a Royal Suite available right now.

hahaha...it's gone now for me at least....was curious what the cost was....there are 6 one bedroom suites and 3 verandah concierge rooms available now. Definitely growing a bit.

Never did the concierge so not sure it would be worth the upgrade for us if we aren't getting more room. We aren't a family who needs a lot of reservations at places. :)

Anyone on here ever sail in one before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!