Disney filmed Mulan in Xinjiang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney did the world a favor bringing this out in the open IMO.. China simply fell for it thinking the project made them look good across the board. Disney will never admit it though.

It's not a "compromise". China calls all the shots. Period. Take it or leave it.

And it's not a stones and glass house situation either. Nothing that happens here is even remotely comparable to the abuses in China. Not even in the same universe.
While I would definitely say China is worse than the US, I would definitely consider us in the same ballpark. The US has had active death camps, mass sterilizations and has medically experimented on (mostly) minority citizens. Not just in the distant past, but in recent living memory. Throw in past atrocities such as slavery, genocide and maybe even the occasional modern war started for no reason. We don't have a high horse to stand on, period.
Doesn't mean we can't strive to do better and I'm all for any boycotts and sanctions regarding China. Just saying I think glass house is an apt description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter