Disney Freaks head back

TinkerbellsMom0923

DisneyFreak
I admit, my family and I are Disney freaks. I'll give you a little background...

Part 1

The first time my husband and I went was 1992. We left our then 2 year son with my parents on the east coast of Florida on their boat. We stayed at Port Orleans (now French Quarters). Had a blast.

We went back in 1994 with our then 4 year old son and the in laws. We left 1 year old daughter with my parents again on the boat. We stayed at Port Orleans again. My son was hocked from that point on.

We went with both kids for the first time in 1994. Our daughter was 2 1/2 and son 5. The trip included my husband, myself, the kids and Uncle Gary (husbands brother, not married, great fun). We stayed at one of the All Star hotels, I think it was music. We had a great time. My daughter doesn't remember it, but my son was hooked.
About a year later, Uncle Gary got a job at Disney doing videotaping. He moved down and lived with roommates for a year or so. My in laws went down to visit one spring and came home with a new house. The developement is the closest to Disney. They bough a 3 bedroom, 2 bath so the grandkids could visit Disney. My brother in law moved in.
We went to visit several more time-about every 2 years. We got in frre and got a discount (50%) at the resort hotels. So we'd stay with Uncle Gary for a part of the trip and do a hotel for part. We got spoiled and loved getting in for free. We stayed a several hotels-WL being the favorite.
I went alone with several girlfriends for 3 years in the 90's. We stayed at Uncle Gary's and did the hotel for a few nights each year.
In between we did several more trips with the now growing kids, one year we did Halloween at Disney. MNSSHP was great, I think we've done that twice. One year we did around Christmas, beginning of December and I loved the lights at MGM.
Well, all good things must come to an end, Uncle Gary got layed off in 2003 or so. he got hired by the company Disney outsorced to but no benefits like discount hotels, free admission. BooHoo, it was good for a while.
But now, I've got Disney obcessed kids who don't want to go anywhere and don't want to stay with Uncle Gary-they want on property only. We did a week at ASports when my son graduated HS, he brought a friend. My parents live 6 months now in FLA and 6 months up north. So my son and I started going every January, we did POP one January, had done a week there a few years before that. January 2010 we did CBR for a week. We had a blast and it's nice the kids now 17 and 20 can go off alone.
A year ago, my husband and I took a cruise (not Disney) for a week and stayed with Uncle Gary before/after the cruise. We didn't do Disney but went to downtown Disney. My husband wants to do cruises now instead of Disney. He says we've been there enough. So we were going to do a cruise in September with Uncle Gary, my son, husband and I but right before we booked, my husband took a new job. He doesn't want to ask for time off so soon so scratch cruise. My Disney obsessed son says "Let's go to Disney again". I researched and with the free dining and not needing a rental car, we got a good deal, I booked it. We will celebrate my birthday on Sept 23rd.
My son is so excited (me too!), he wants to work security at Disney and live in FLA. Uncle Gary loves it there.

I know now that we are offically addicted to Disney-I love it there. Of all the resorts, POP is my (our) favorite. No preplanning, we just go with the flow. I am layed back and will (always do) return daily to hotel for a swim/nap. Son will park hop. We have done 4 parks in 1 day, that was a challange.

So, all you Disney fans will understand my obsession, nobody at work does. They think I'm crazy going so much. Hey is thee a "Disney anonaMOUSE?" I need to join...:cool1::cutie:princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter