Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this thread. I came here after the BJs/Discover deal was discussed on TPAS board a while back.

I am ready to pull trigger on the deal, but I wanted to confirm that you get the extra 1% from eBates buying Disney Gift Cards from BJs.

I read back about almost 40 pages on this thread and it wasn't entirely clear if the 1% back works with eBates when buying Disney gift cards. Someone even posted a screen shot of the eBates terms that say no eBates on giftcards? Why all the hype on TPAS about eBates/DisneyGC/Discover if the eBates part doesn't work. I would be signing up for eBates just to do this.

I came here to find an answer from the experts!! Can you help me clear this up?

I'm new to this thread. I came here after the BJs/Discover deal was discussed on TPAS board a while back.

I am ready to pull trigger on the deal, but I wanted to confirm that you get the extra 1% from eBates buying Disney Gift Cards from BJs.

I read back about almost 40 pages on this thread and it wasn't entirely clear if the 1% back works with eBates when buying Disney gift cards. Someone even posted a screen shot of the eBates terms that say no eBates on giftcards? Why all the hype on TPAS about eBates/DisneyGC/Discover if the eBates part doesn't work. I would be signing up for eBates just to do this.

I have received it the last two orders I've done.

I can confirm that I too, received credit for my Disney Gift Card Purchases from BJ's through Ebates. I checked from last quarter and they never took the money back. This quarter I have done 2 purchases and they are still there. Of course, being as it's in Ebates' terms, they have every right to take it back from you or not give it to you at all.

You get 3% back from mrrebates and yes, you get credit for GC from BJ's.

You can no longer redeem for Amazon gift cards? You're the third person that's told me that, but my husband and I still have Amazon gift cards as a redemption option. Just cashed out on Thursday. Wonder why some have them and others don't?

It seems that I have Amazon as an option now, since they increased their offerings. Hulu is also back, but it is a $25 card. It used to be that you could buy a month of Hulu for 450 bing points (on the old scale so like 4500 points now), which was an insanely good redemption rate considering a month was $8.99. I paid for probably a year of Hulu that way. Once they eliminated Hulu as a redemption option, we switched to Starbucks, since DH likes to indulge once in a while at work. And we use them when we go to Disney, which was great for our last trip since we bought all of the WDW and DL Starbucks mugs using Bing funds.

I too get ebates for BJ GC purchases. But just realized that I haven't installed the extension on my new laptop and bought 3, 4 for 7 day park passes at UT's flash sale and placed an order at Amazon last night.

as far as cashback portals- I just tried giving assistant,so far so good, looks like I'll get the CB quickly- anyone try BeFrugal site? They have an offer that's good for me....don't want to waste my click through tho

Is there a limit on how much $$$ worth of Disney gift cards can be purchased from BJ's wholesale via online ordering? I would want to do $100 ones since it seems they have the largest discount, just didn't know what my limit is in one order. Thanks!!

Not sure what the limit is. I ordered $1600 in one shot, but it requires that you sign for the package when it arrives. The next orders I did in groups of $500 and did not have to sign.

You can no longer redeem for Amazon gift cards? You're the third person that's told me that, but my husband and I still have Amazon gift cards as a redemption option. Just cashed out on Thursday. Wonder why some have them and others don't?

I wonder that myself. I signed up for rewards this past week when someone at my husbands work said there was a gift card for something useful (I forget which one now). But I managed to hit level 2 and all I've got is Microsoft products, sweepstakes (mostly microsoft products) and 1 starbucks. However, my husband whose had an account for quite some time now, has got a bunch more options including a Target giftcard. (for some stupid amount of points we're not even close to at the moment :) ) I didn't really look closely at his account to see what else might be good, but he's definitely got better stuff.

The 2 things different about his account -
1. The length of time it's been open. He doesn't remember when he opened it but it was probably when setup his last Surface Pro which was about 18 months ago.
2. He's signed into his computer with his windows account (so he gets credit for browsing the web). Which is how he keeps his level and managed to forget all about the rewards program (except for ignoring all the emails with points opportunities! he just went back through his email account this weekend and I swear he picked up enough to have kept level 2 right there! or pretty close.)

as far as cashback portals- I just tried giving assistant,so far so good, looks like I'll get the CB quickly- anyone try BeFrugal site? They have an offer that's good for me....don't want to waste my click through tho

Giving Assistant clawed back what they gave me on a Sam's Club gift card purchase. Not sure about BJ's though.

Do you guys combine you GC as soon as you get them or do you wait until right before your trip? Is a DVA account worth the hassle if you are just needing to buy annual passes/park tickets?

Giving Assistant clawed back what they gave me on a Sam's Club gift card purchase. Not sure about BJ's though.
interesting- I bought some points and it showed as a valid purchase- hopefully it goes through as promised- going to try befrugal for another large purchase today since they have a big CB on an appliance I need

You get 3% back from mrrebates and yes, you get credit for GC from BJ's.
So Mr. rebates will credit and it sticks for gift cards even though terms state no gift cards on BJ's just like ebates? How recently have you used Mr. Rebates? An extra 3 percent would be awesome I need to do about $2k to pay off the cruise by 8/15.

Do you guys combine you GC as soon as you get them or do you wait until right before your trip? Is a DVA account worth the hassle if you are just needing to buy annual passes/park tickets?

I do combine the GC's as soon as I get them but I was using them to pay members dues so it just made since to get them all condensed to as few as cards as possible. I would still do it immediately because sometimes there are errors and the GC is not properly activated. I would rather find that out sooner than later and handle asap. As far as the hassle of opening a DVA, it depends in part, if your trip is far enough out that you can open it and be eligible for the 2% for $1K deposit. Any money I can claw back from Disney that does not involve doing back flips I am good with. To me it's like seeing a $20 bill on the ground, I would definitely pick it up. I regret not getting on board earlier.

So Mr. rebates will credit and it sticks for gift cards even though terms state no gift cards on BJ's just like ebates? How recently have you used Mr. Rebates? An extra 3 percent would be awesome I need to do about $2k to pay off the cruise by 8/15.

I bought the GC about a month ago. The 3% has been credited to my account, but it's listed as pending for 90 days. I've had non-gift card purchases in pending for 90 days, as well, so I think it's a general policy for all purchases.

I do combine the GC's as soon as I get them but I was using them to pay members dues so it just made since to get them all condensed to as few as cards as possible. I would still do it immediately because sometimes there are errors and the GC is not properly activated. I would rather find that out sooner than later and handle asap. As far as the hassle of opening a DVA, it depends in part, if your trip is far enough out that you can open it and be eligible for the 2% for $1K deposit. Any money I can claw back from Disney that does not involve doing back flips I am good with. To me it's like seeing a $20 bill on the ground, I would definitely pick it up. I regret not getting on board earlier.
My trip is mid to late OCT so I think im cutting it very close. I thought i read that buying AP with DVA acct was a hassle because it has to be done by phone and not every agent knows how to do it. Is that wrong?

My trip is mid to late OCT so I think im cutting it very close. I thought i read that buying AP with DVA acct was a hassle because it has to be done by phone and not every agent knows how to do it. Is that wrong?
When we used the DVA to buy our AP at the park it was a hassle, but for Disney. They had to put money on a gift card then transfer money from the DVA to make the payment. The Disney CS agent gave us the cards each with 20 dollars on them for our trouble.

Just checked my ebates account to make sure. I ordered $900 in gift cards ($854.91 after the BJ's discount) on 6/2 and got $8.55 back already.

Oh, and at $900, I did not have to sign for them. When I've ordered from Target at lower total $ amounts, I HAVE had to sign for them.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I'd like to book "free dining" under the Visa offer. I have no problem putting the $200 deposit on my Visa card, but I'd like to pay the balance with gift cards. Can I do that? I've not booked a regular Disney resort is forever ... is final payment due in advance or at the resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts