Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone bought over $14k in Disney Gift Cards from target? I know it will save me about $700, but it seems like so much effect to purchase around 140 gift cards and consolidate them. Do you think this is worth it? Or just put the package on my Costco Citi for 3% back?

Has anyone bought over $14k in Disney Gift Cards from target? I know it will save me about $700, but it seems like so much effect to purchase around 140 gift cards and consolidate them. Do you think this is worth it? Or just put the package on my Costco Citi for 3% back?

Personally, I'd go with whatever will save me the biggest percentage of a discount.

... it seems like so much effect to purchase around 140 gift cards and consolidate them. Do you think this is worth it? Or just put the package on my Costco Citi for 3% back?

Each card can have a maximum of $1000. EDITED TO REMOVE INCORRECT INFORMATION.

Last edited:
Each card can have a maximum of $1000, and it looks like you can only enter 5 cards to consolidate. You would need 3 accounts to load that much, or you would need to load them, make a payment to drain the balance, and reload again.
You wouldn’t need multiple accounts or have to drain the cards before adding more to them.
You are able to load it to $1000 and remove it from the account. The balance remains on the card, just like any gift card you would want to treat it as cash and make sure to be very careful with where you place it.

You wouldn’t need multiple accounts or have to drain the cards before adding more to them.
You are able to load it to $1000 and remove it from the account. The balance remains on the card, just like any gift card you would want to treat it as cash and make sure to be very careful with where you place it.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know about removing them.

Raise has 10 off 100 travel/movie gc with code MERRY today. Nothing that I know I'll use so passing but others may find a useful card (they have hotels.com, southwest and delta among others).

Stinks for me my computer was down all day yesterday so I missed a few deals. New updates took forever and then my Norton was gone so had to up load that too.

The Target 20% off coupon was well worth getting. Everything I bought was on sale, plus I used cartwheel and MQ, saved over $60 plus received $30 in gc's. Very pleased!

Thanks! Makes me a little nervous, but I’m assuming it works well? Should I hold onto the cards I take $ off of just in case?

Hold on to your cards if it's not too inconvenient for you. In the case where you might need to be refunded any amounts paid from a Disney GC, they would need to transfer your refund to the same GC.

The difference would be 2% if you go with target gift cards v/s the Costco Visa. The gift cards will save you $280 over the Visa, or $2 per gift card entered. It's pretty easy to combine the gift cards to the $1,000 max and even if you assume that it will take you 1 minute per gift card (it won't!) you would spent at most 2 hours entering gift cards. $140 per hour is pretty good money!

I have purchased as much as $3000 in gift cards, but not on my Target card. I don't know if they will establish a maximum.

Something new in the mail today - DH received a Disney gift card from Disney. All that is necessary is to go online to activate and load funds onto it. I suppose there would be some credit card points from doing this.

Not being glib here but only you can answer if it's worth the effort to you.

Don't you also get 2% back at Costco travel for the price of your trip? I'm assuming your using costco travel with a dollar amount that large. And doesn't Costco normally give a rebate for booking with them too after the trip?

Don't you also get 2% back at Costco travel for the price of your trip? I'm assuming your using costco travel with a dollar amount that large. And doesn't Costco normally give a rebate for booking with them too after the trip?
I don’t think that’s relevant. You get that as an executive member regardless of how you pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts