Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, Wal-mart gift cards can be used AT wal-mart to buy Disney gift cards, correct? Not just at Sam's Club?

It should still, same YMMV as with all stores, but I don't recall anyone saying the system stopped it yet. It's been some months since I did it myself.

It should still, same YMMV as with all stores, but I don't recall anyone saying the system stopped it yet. It's been some months since I did it myself.

Thanks! Might check to make sure my Wal Mart has $25 disney gift cards and cash my Swagbucks out for that next month.

Don’t want to raise any alarm bells, but someone else in the credit card thread just reported that they tried to use Target gift cards today to purchase Disney gift cards along with other items and were not able to do so. Could be a total fluke, but might be good to get some more data points if anyone else in this group has Target gift cards they can try!

ETA: Store located in metro Richmond, VA area.

Last edited:
When was the last time BB discounted their gift cards? I'm trying to decide if I should wait on getting more Dis gcs with the SB deal, or do it now. If BB doesn't discount them again soon, SB may end the deal before then. Hmm...
Any speculation on when BB will discount again?

The last discount time was 2/18-3/3 for card purchase, then the 'free' gift card came 3/18 for use between then and 3/31.

Don’t want to raise any alarm bells, but someone else in the credit card thread just reported that they tried to use Target gift cards today to purchase Disney gift cards along with other items and were not able to do so. Could be a total fluke, but might be good to get some more data points if anyone else in this group has Target gift cards they can try!

I had this happen to me today also - my total was $79, $50 being a Disney giftcard. I was trying to pay with 2 $25 Target giftcards, and the first $25 applied ok, the next said that only $4 could be applied toward my purchase (or something like that). The cashier seemed very confused by it, and I ended up having her void my payment and remove the Disney gifcard. It's not too bad of a issue for me because I can go back and buy my groceries there later, but definitely a change, I had previously not had an issue. My Target is in Wichita, KS.

All these Target stories are concerning.

I switched over to buying Walmart GC's and redeeming through Sam's a couple of months ago. I love being able to buy online. Now, Sam's has removed the shipping on the $150 pack. Anyone else notice that? It's $150 for $142.98.

Anyway, I hope Target isn't dying here. Been doing this since 2011 and it's sad seeing one option after another being killed off.

I had this happen to me today also - my total was $79, $50 being a Disney giftcard. I was trying to pay with 2 $25 Target giftcards, and the first $25 applied ok, the next said that only $4 could be applied toward my purchase (or something like that). The cashier seemed very confused by it, and I ended up having her void my payment and remove the Disney gifcard. It's not too bad of a issue for me because I can go back and buy my groceries there later, but definitely a change, I had previously not had an issue. My Target is in Wichita, KS.

Mine said something similar about a $0 balance could be used. I know that gift card was good though. I only have $35 in Target gift cards right now and can definitely use it for other stuff, but I will be sad if that option is gone.

I know that using Target Gift Cards to purchase Disney gift cards in the store has been prohibited in certain areas for a while. If your store is no longer allowing it, can you please mention your geographic location so we can keep track of where this is happening?

I would be disappointed too if I can't use Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards, but we spend so much at Target right now anyways, I can probably just use the gift cards for our groceries and buy my Disney cards with my Red Card instead of the other way around. It's just so much easier to keep track of my "free" money when I can do a 1:1 conversion.

I would be disappointed too if I can't use Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards, but we spend so much at Target right now anyways, I can probably just use the gift cards for our groceries and buy my Disney cards with my Red Card instead of the other way around. It's just so much easier to keep track of my "free" money when I can do a 1:1 conversion.

Me too.

I've seen the Target message about a certain amount only allowed when using Target gift cards however it never impacted me buying Disney Gift Cards as the amount was higher than what I was redeeming.

Yesterday, I had about $100 in groceries and other items at Target and then $100 in Disney Gift Cards (2 x $50) and I used 5 x $5 (total $25.000) in Target gift cards toward the payment and no issue. It popped up the message about the payment but they all went through. I'll start paying attention to the amount as I'm sure they are using a formula. It want to say it was around $100 so it was a pretty high amount but I'm not positive.

This isn't new - at least for our store in NC - and I first noticed it months ago when I was using an Electronics gift card I earned from Target and naturally used it to get a Disney gift card but again I had no issues but there was a dollar amount referenced.

Thanks,
Heather

All these Target stories are concerning.

I switched over to buying Walmart GC's and redeeming through Sam's a couple of months ago. I love being able to buy online. Now, Sam's has removed the shipping on the $150 pack. Anyone else notice that? It's $150 for $142.98.

Yes, I noticed that as well. If not a Plus member, only some items are listed as Free Shipping, so it's nice that the $150 pack received that designation for the basic members. Also, this may have been the case for awhile as well, but I noticed that the $500 gift card (costs $484 and some change) is now an electronic gift card delivered by email. The last time I purchased one, it was an actual physical gift card.

Not a fluke -you can only use cash, credit/debit and target red cards to buy Disney gift cards.

Is the Mperks $5 reward on $50 gift card purchase coupon still out there? It’s not in my coupon list even though the offer is good through 3/31.

Uh oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter