Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Mperks $5 reward on $50 gift card purchase coupon still out there? It’s not in my coupon list even though the offer is good through 3/31.
It is on mine. I just used it yesterday to purchase a $100 Best Buy card. It's listed under rewards on the app. If you haven't purchased any yet it will be under available. If you have it will be under in progress.

Target > Disney (or any gift card) dead in at least 1 store in SE PA. I've got another to try later today but I'm not hopeful. I spoke with a lead just wondering when it happened and she said it was really recent, they updated the website with it as well. She said it sucked that some people ruined it for everyone, she seemed disappointed herself at least.

ETA: The system pops up when you pay with the gift card, "only xx.xx can be purchased" how else would you like to pay? something like that. I was picking up a DVD and a Dunkin Donuts gift card, threw in a $25 Disney just to see if it was restricted like the iTunes ones, and it only gave the amount of the DVD could be taken off the gift card.

Last edited:
I ordered $1600 in Disney gift cards yesterday through BJs.com with my Discover It card (5% cash back plus 5% matching first year). I read that it was only supposed to be a max of 3 cards per member... but I am not a member, and so far my order has not been canceled, yet. I need another $900 in gift cards to pay off our trip plus maybe another $500 for spending at the park. Any ideas on where else to get some good deals for Disney gift cards? I am hoping to maximize my Discover cash back bonus. April begins grocery store bonus category... I can always use gas points.

This is not true. Many of us have been buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards in store for a long time. I've accumulated over $1500 in Disney gift cards this way.

I've purchased disney gift cards for years and I've never been able to use a target gift card to purchase another (any brand, not just disney) gift card. It must not be a universal corporate policy but in the two places I've lived in the last 10+ years (South Florida and Charlotte NC area), you cannot use a target gift card to purchase any other gift card. I have been told it's fraud related since gift cards are easily stolen and from what I've read on a a lot of the boards and blogs, it seems to be more and more people have said they've been unsuccessful trying this. Curious, what part of the country are you in??

I've even tried using my Target gift cards online and it doesn't work either for gift card purchases and that's been that way for a few years. I know there's the whole Raise website process you can do to add some additional savings but I have only used my red card for the additional 5% savings which adds up. Sounds like your Target is not the norm.

I've purchased disney gift cards for years and I've never been able to use a target gift card to purchase another (any brand, not just disney) gift card. It must not be a universal corporate policy but in the two places I've lived in the last 10+ years (South Florida and Charlotte NC area), you cannot use a target gift card to purchase any other gift card. I have been told it's fraud related since gift cards are easily stolen and from what I've read on a a lot of the boards and blogs, it seems to be more and more people have said they've been unsuccessful trying this. Curious, what part of the country are you in??

I've even tried using my Target gift cards online and it doesn't work either for gift card purchases and that's been that way for a few years. I know there's the whole Raise website process you can do to add some additional savings but I have only used my red card for the additional 5% savings which adds up. Sounds like your Target is not the norm.

I am in MN and have done it for years, as recently as last month. I haven't tried since then, as I don't need any at the moment, so it's possible it's changed since then. But I have bought thousands over the last several years with Target gift cards. I did it with just gift card for gift card, no other items in my purchase.

Target > Disney (or any gift card) dead in at least 1 store in SE PA. I've got another to try later today but I'm not hopeful. I spoke with a lead just wondering when it happened and she said it was really recent, they updated the website with it as well. She said it sucked that some people ruined it for everyone, she seemed disappointed herself at least.

ETA: The system pops up when you pay with the gift card, "only xx.xx can be purchased" how else would you like to pay? something like that. I was picking up a DVD and a Dunkin Donuts gift card, threw in a $25 Disney just to see if it was restricted like the iTunes ones, and it only gave the amount of the DVD could be taken off the gift card.
Any chance you could message me what store? I'm South Central PA.

You may be new to this thread because buying Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards has been one of the most popular ways to save money. I live in Southern California and have been doing it for years. I don't expect you to read 1,500 pages but in summary, buying Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards has been going on for hundreds of Disers for years.

I read today on Facebook that there is glitch in Target's system that they are working on and that you ARE able to buy Disney Cards with Target GC. There were screenshots from Target Guest Services confirming that you can. They said you can not buy ITunes or VISA/MC but you CAN buy Disney - sounds like it is supposed to be fixed. Hope that helps

I read today on Facebook that there is glitch in Target's system that they are working on and that you ARE able to buy Disney Cards with Target GC. There were screenshots from Target Guest Services confirming that you can. They said you can not buy ITunes or VISA/MC but you CAN buy Disney - sounds like it is supposed to be fixed. Hope that helps

I really hope this is the case. Pleaae report back if you hear that it has been fixed.

I hope so and it's not just random social media answer like the Disney bus drivers.

I did check the website like the TM told me this morning but I didn't see any changes there. So not sure what she was talking about with that, we had even discussed not being able to do it online for a couple years but in store I never had a problem so I didn't think she meant that. I've got my fingers crossed. Hubby just asked this morning if there was any deals for reloading Dunkin Donuts and I thought 'sure, i'll stop by target with this discounted target GC and pick up a DD one - there's your deal!'... not so much

I'm considering forgoing the dining plan on our next trip, and instead paying for our dining and F&W purchases using Disney gift cards. If I get the Target Red Card debit card, do I still get 5% off Disney cards (excluding the current issue that appears to be occurring randomly for people)?
I know in November Target had a 10% off their Target GC's deal which I purchased and then used to purchase a couple of Disney GC's for my trip, but I'm not sure how often Target offers those deals. We've also purchased Disney GC's from Sam's. I'm not very savvy with this but am hoping to really be able to maximize my savings so I can convince DH that paying OOP is cheaper than the DDP!

I'm in Richmond, VA. I started purchasing on Target.com with gift cards back in 2015 and saved up about $700 that way before they ended using Target gift cards on the website to purchase Disney gift cards in maybe mid-2016 (someone correct me on that date!). Since then, I've probably purchased another $1200-$1300 in stores using exclusively Target gift cards, and sometimes a mix of Target gift cards and my Redcard. I've bought at a couple different stores around here and never had issues until yesterday. There are occasional reports that someone's store will no longer allow it, but it's not a widespread corporate policy.

Thanks!! Hopefully that is true. Maybe we'll get some good news from others tonight!

You may be new to this thread because buying Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards has been one of the most popular ways to save money. I live in Southern California and have been doing it for years. I don't expect you to read 1,500 pages but in summary, buying Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards has been going on for hundreds of Disers for years.

I am new to the thread but not new to buying disney gift cards. It's never worked for me and I've probably tried 4 different targets in my area just in the last 2 years. It's to the point where my husband knows when I'm going and laughs about when will I give up since I've talked to more target managers than I'd ever care to share. If in fact the online system is a glitch I will def have to try that for my next trip. I have several target GCs I've been holding for something good, more than just pretzels and random household items!! But I digress- we all want a deal but in our area, there are no store purchase of gift cards for the like, it just doesn't happen. If anyone in the CLT area can report otherwise, I'd drive for the deals.

I'm in Richmond, VA. I started purchasing on Target.com with gift cards back in 2015 and saved up about $700 that way before they ended using Target gift cards on the website to purchase Disney gift cards in maybe mid-2016 (someone correct me on that date!).
It was July or August I think? I know I started reading this thread around June, and was going to try the whole Target/Ebay thing after we got back from our trip in July, and it stopped working before I could get started.

I'm considering forgoing the dining plan on our next trip, and instead paying for our dining and F&W purchases using Disney gift cards. If I get the Target Red Card debit card, do I still get 5% off Disney cards (excluding the current issue that appears to be occurring randomly for people)?
I know in November Target had a 10% off their Target GC's deal which I purchased and then used to purchase a couple of Disney GC's for my trip, but I'm not sure how often Target offers those deals. We've also purchased Disney GC's from Sam's. I'm not very savvy with this but am hoping to really be able to maximize my savings so I can convince DH that paying OOP is cheaper than the DDP!

I have the Redcard debit card and 5% still works on everything. No difference at all from the credit card except you don't get a hard pull on your credit report.

November/early December is usually when the 10% off Target GCs happen. It's usually a limit of $300 in gift cards.

Yes, you will still get 5% using the debit red card.
You will probably easily beat the dining plan. Even without discounted gift cards!

It was July or August I think? I know I started reading this thread around June, and was going to try the whole Target/Ebay thing after we got back from our trip in July, and it stopped working before I could get started.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I went to DL in January 2016 and had $700 in gift cards saved up for that and I had bought them all online. I slowed down a lot on using Swagbucks/rewards sites after that and didn't buy any for a while but remember reading on here when people started reporting that they could no longer buy online.

I am new to the thread but not new to buying disney gift cards. It's never worked for me and I've probably tried 4 different targets in my area just in the last 2 years. It's to the point where my husband knows when I'm going and laughs about when will I give up since I've talked to more target managers than I'd ever care to share. If in fact the online system is a glitch I will def have to try that for my next trip. I have several target GCs I've been holding for something good, more than just pretzels and random household items!! But I digress- we all want a deal but in our area, there are no store purchase of gift cards for the like, it just doesn't happen. If anyone in the CLT area can report otherwise, I'd drive for the deals.

It is most likely your district then, unfortunately. Sorry about that. There have been reports that corporate policy states you can but some stores/districts will override for reasons like you said (fraud). It may have been a serious issue with your stores. I've been to at least 5 Targets that I've purchased Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter