Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from Smith's (Krogers). I bought the last 2 happy guy GC yesterday (4X) and they haven't restocked. So just grabbed a $50 DGC but only 2X points. Points are points. Use AmEx Blue Card for 6% (grocery) reward. It all adds up.

The 4x points at Kroger stores is only on dining and entertainment this time.

figured as much
I actually was able to at a walgreens a couple weeks ago - anyone know of any other stores that may still allow it?
To clarify: you used a Walgreens gift card to purchase a Disney gift card? If so did you purchase anything else? Was the entire payment made with the Walgreens gift card? I ask because this has not been allowed to my knowledge.

And to add on to above Best Buy systems are hard coded against allowing Best Buy gift cards to be used as payment for 3rd party gift card. Also you cannot use Best Buy Rewards Certificates to purchase 3rd party gift cards.

figured as much
I actually was able to at a walgreens a couple weeks ago - anyone know of any other stores that may still allow it?

Pretty much almost any store where the register allows it, it is going to be YMMV if the cashier allows it.

Stores that are YMMV if the cashier allows it are Walgreens (as you just said), Bed Bath Beyond (very YMMV), and I think people have said Walmart/Sam's Club are YMMV. Everyone else, please add on to the list.

Stores where the register will not allow it are Best Buy, Target, Staples, Office Depot, ShopRite.

In general, you have a better chance of it being allowed in a store where they don't sell their own gift cards at a discount.

figured as much

Walgreens is also YMMV. I was not able to in So Cal a few years ago (3 different stores) but had success in the Denver area.

Sam's Club/Walmart is the only store that definitely allows it. Bed Bath and Beyond is again YMMV.

For MyPoints users: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/dall...t-4000-swagbucks-6000-mypoints-both-worth-40/ I know this isn't exactly straight up discounted gift cards but $40 VGC for $1.08 and a bit of time to sign up and cancel is a pretty sweet deal imho! DoC says there is a SB offer but no one can find it. I did it on MyPoints (made sure to turn off my adblockers!) and 6000 points are already pending.
I wonder if you could do both Mypoints and Swagbucks? I’m about to sign up for mypoints to do this.

My Bed Bath and Beyond rebates shipped on Valentine’s Day and they gave me the $60! I had bought 1 $200 Mastercard and 1 $100 Visa card and thought I would only get $20. I’m going to try buying a $50 Disney gift card and like $20 worth of stuff I need to see if it goes through.

FYI for anyone who uses Amtrak- Amtrak gift cards popped up at my Best Buy today. They were definitely not there before.
Doesn't help with BB deals but BJ'S sells them now too at a slight discount. I thought I saw them show up both places around the holidays but I mostly had eyes for the Amazon at BB so I could be misremembering when it popped up there.

Although you did remind me I was supposed to look into the terms for them. I'm looking to book a refundable fare so if I get a discount later I hope I can cancel and rebook without a fuss if I use a GC.

For MyPoints users: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/dall...t-4000-swagbucks-6000-mypoints-both-worth-40/ I know this isn't exactly straight up discounted gift cards but $40 VGC for $1.08 and a bit of time to sign up and cancel is a pretty sweet deal imho! DoC says there is a SB offer but no one can find it. I did it on MyPoints (made sure to turn off my adblockers!) and 6000 points are already pending.

Where do I find this in Mypoints? I can't find it and when I search for Dallas News, nothing comes up.
Thanks,

You CANNOT use Best Buy GCs to buy any 3rd party GCs as of 2019. They recently stopped that. I have tried in 3 different states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter