Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling Northeasterners: Shop Rite is doing the $10 back on next week's groceries when you buy a $50 GC, and Disney will be included next week. Buy $50 Disney GC starting 5/19, and redeem $10 store credit starting 5/26.

I've been waiting for this deal again! Groceries are as good as cash to me, and I love a guaranteed 20% discount. I'm going to see if I can borrow some family members' cards so I can do it more than once.
OMG! thanks sooo much for posting! I'd have missed this if you hadn't. I always use my mom's shopper card to do the deal twice.

Does anyone know how the Chase Freedom Unlimited works, or does anyone have it? My cc is changing to this, so I've been trying to gather info. on what kinds of rewards it offers. I've never had a card that offers better cash back at certain types of stores during certain time periods. Is this one of those cards? Do they inform me every quarter, or do I need to look that info. up? Thank you to anyone who can decipher my questions, sorry it's a mess!
As far as redeeming for max value, I have found good info here: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/redeeming-chase-ultimate-rewards-maximum-value/
I usually let them add up then transfer them to Southwest Rapid Rewards as that is the airline we fly most often

Does anyone know how the Chase Freedom Unlimited works, or does anyone have it? My cc is changing to this, so I've been trying to gather info. on what kinds of rewards it offers. I've never had a card that offers better cash back at certain types of stores during certain time periods. Is this one of those cards? Do they inform me every quarter, or do I need to look that info. up? Thank you to anyone who can decipher my questions, sorry it's a mess!
to tag on to @wendow's post, if you'd rather have the regular Freedom with the 5% categories, it is easy to change over the phone. I did it last year in about 10 minutes. With my spending style I earn more with the 5% categories even if I don't max them out, than if I got 1.5% on everything. Part of that is because if the category is something like grocery stores I will buy gift cards for other places I know I will be spending money. So it really just depends on your spending style and planning :)

I got an email for $15 off $100 purchase for HappyCards. What is the best way to use these toward Disney GC? The "Guys" card at Home Depot?

I got an email for $15 off $100 purchase for HappyCards. What is the best way to use these toward Disney GC? The "Guys" card at Home Depot?
I think that one is easiest, personally. I haven't had trouble in my area.

If you have an AMEX card with the happy cards website offer, $15 back on $100, this could be a nice stack.

Do you mind asking me where you got the email? From the Happycards site? Have you ordered off there before?

Any suggestions on getting rid of a Best Buy gift card. Realized I had $50 on one from the cashstar deal, right when they were phasing out the gc to gc transactions. I thought I had used them all. Darn it!

Any suggestions on getting rid of a Best Buy gift card. Realized I had $50 on one from the cashstar deal, right when they were phasing out the gc to gc transactions. I thought I had used them all. Darn it!

I used mine to buy video games for my son. You could use it for dvds too.

I think that one is easiest, personally. I haven't had trouble in my area.

If you have an AMEX card with the happy cards website offer, $15 back on $100, this could be a nice stack.

Do you mind asking me where you got the email? From the Happycards site? Have you ordered off there before?

Thx!

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.... the "email" was from Amex reminding me to use the Happycards promo before it expires.
I will probably go through the shopping portal, "simply best couppons" as they offer 3% cashback for happycards.com purchases.

Was thinking of selling it or getting a kitchen aid, but the resell is pretty low and if I'm going to do the kitchen aid I need to wait for another cashstar offer

Yeah, I haven't looked to see if there were anymore cash star offers since they stopped letting us use the gift cards for disney cards. But, that is a good idea to use it for a kitchen aid!

Was thinking of selling it or getting a kitchen aid, but the resell is pretty low and if I'm going to do the kitchen aid I need to wait for another cashstar offer

Then sell it. Your options are wide open and I believe no matter where you go the cash back ratio will be the same.
Check out Target, Raise anywhere to sell it.

What's your idea of pretty low? Last time I researched, the resale sites were offering about 81% of value on Best Buy cards (which is just about as high as they offer for any card), so ~$40 for your $50 card. Has this changed, or do you just see that as too big of a loss? I've seen other (dining, but popular) cards go for 50 cents on the dollar.

What's your idea of pretty low? Last time I researched, the resale sites were offering about 81% of value on Best Buy cards (which is just about as high as they offer for any card), so ~$40 for your $50 card. Has this changed, or do you just see that as too big of a loss? I've seen other (dining, but popular) cards go for 50 cents on the dollar.

The quote I had gotten was $38 for it and that's too much of a loss for me. I'll just hold out and see if cashstar does another offer and then get the kitchen aid.

I'm not familiar with this site. How do they payout quarterly, reach a certain amount like $20 and how long have you been with them?
I would be new to them as well, so I still have to do my research. I did read on another forum someone posting that this is their "hidden gem" of shopping portals-- tracks reliably and pays out w/o issue. I will look into it more and post what I find here.

I would be new to them as well, so I still have to do my research. I did read on another forum someone posting that this is their "hidden gem" of shopping portals-- tracks reliably and pays out w/o issue. I will look into it more and post what I find here.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to make you work. I just thought you might know off hand. No worries. :hug:

I'm not familiar with this site. How do they payout quarterly, reach a certain amount like $20 and how long have you been with them?

OK...... never mind.... when I clicked on the Simply Best Coupons link to buy Happy Cards, it took me to giftcards.com NOT happycards.com. So the Amex offer will NOT work going through Simply Best!!!

Last edited:
Thx!

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.... the "email" was from Amex reminding me to use the Happycards promo before it expires.
I will probably go through the shopping portal, "simply best couppons" as they offer 3% cashback for happycards.com purchases.

You can also get Happy Lady cards and use them at Bed Bath & Beyond to buy Disney. You can link the Happy Lady to Ebates and get 2% in store cash back on the purchase as well.

Here is a Raise datapoint using Visa/Mastercard GCs. My account got suspended the weekend they were doing the 8% on Mr Rebates. I just called in to get it unlocked and they told me it was because the system detected that I was using a prepaid card and that's not allowed. Now, I also ordered one the day before, and then three the next day - once at work, once on my phone on the way home (website not app), and once at home, and each time had to get a security code. I thought it was going to be because of that.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Here is a Raise datapoint using Visa/Mastercard GCs. My account got suspended the weekend they were doing the 8% on Mr Rebates. I just called in to get it unlocked and they told me it was because the system detected that I was using a prepaid card and that's not allowed. Now, I also ordered one the day before, and then three the next day - once at work, once on my phone on the way home (website not app), and once at home, and each time had to get a security code. I thought it was going to be because of that.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Can you load the V/MCGC to PayPal first and then pay GCM using that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter