Disney Gift cards at Disney Springs

westfield13

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I posted this question on the restaurant forum a few days ago and haven't gotten any answers. Thought I might have better luck in this Forum, since many of you use Disney gift cards on your WDW trips.

We are interested in trying some of the new eateries at Disney Springs on our next trip, which will be the end of February/beginning of March. We will have some Disney Reward dollars (earned from Chase Disney Visa card) and Disney Gift Cards and would like to use them to pay for our meals.

Are there any places that DO NOT accept them as payment? Thus far, our list of new must-try establishments include:

Frontera Cocina
Homecomin’
Morimoto Asia
The Polite Pig
Amorett’s Patisserie
Cookes of Dublin
The Dailey Poutine

Really appreciate any information you have to share.

Thank you.

I don't know if there is a comprehensive list. You do have a few options:

1). Call the restaurants and ask.
2). Restaurants on the dining plan website should be able to take Disney gift card
3). Charge it to your room, then pay at the desk with your gift cards if staying on property.

Thanks for all those good suggestions, Bbguy 5. I have done a little "searching" for a list of places where you can use Disney gift cards and thus far found no mention of any Disney Springs establishments. I'll continue researching when I have some time. I did note that reservations for Homecoming are made through Disney dining - and they do accept the dining plan - a good sign that they might take gift cards and/or Disney rewards???? Not sure about the others.

Your idea of charging meals to the room is great - however, we will only be staying onsite for two nights (then moving to Hilton time-share accommodations - my dad's place, so it's free nights for us). This trip we will be going to several spring training baseball games in the area (including Braves at Disney's Wide World of Sports), so we'll be renting a car, making trips to Disney Spring easier.

We have not dined in disney springs in a few years but most restaurants used to accept disney rewards points.

We were very surprised when we went to Downtown Disney in California 2 years ago, none of the restaurants we inquired at accepted our rewards points. The World of Disney and the Pin store were the only ones we had success at. It concerns me that Disney Springs may go this route with all the new restaurants they have.

Hope your thread receives more feedback from those who have recently used the rewards points to dine in Disney Springs.

Thanks, Pooh2. This morning I again went on the Disney Gift Card site and found no specific information on places you can use them. I next tried the Disney Visa Rewards and came across a very useful link:

https://disneyrewards.com/where-to-redeem/

Disney Springs is listed in the drop down menu - both stores and eateries are listed - including many of the places we are interested in trying! I know that policies can change and it isn't a guarantee, so we decided to book our two favorite choices - Art Smith's Homecoming and The Boathouse - for the two nights we are staying on property. This way if there is an issue with using our Rewards points and/or a Disney gift card, we can charge the meal to our hotel (Sarasota Springs) and pay the balance at the front desk with our gift cards.

We'll also make a few "in person" stops those nights at any other places of interest to us and ask if we can use our Disney gift cards as payment. My husband and I joke about it, but honestly the "free" food always tastes better and is much more appreciated!!!

Hi Hon
I am looking for the same information as you regarding Disney gift cards.
Raglan Road got back to me this morning to say that:

"Thank you for your email. We are delighted to hear that you are making plans to visit next year. We do indeed accept Disney Gift Cards as payment."

I have contacted via email Disney gift cards for a list of Disney Springs restaurant locations that accept Disney Gift cards as payment and will post when and if I hear back from them.
Best wishes in your planning!
Hugs Mel

We ate at the Polite Pig last weekend and used Disney Gift Cards to pay. It was good, but not cheap. Two adults and the total was nearly 50.00.

The Polite Pig was on our list, Kool_Kat - and not one of the places listed on the Disney Visa Rewards, so that's new info. Thank you.

We ate at Raglan Road on our last trip in 2015, Mel - so fun! But we were with a group of friends/family, so everyone kicked in cash to make it easier to pay for our meal. It would be wonderful to have a list from Disney gift cards - hope they reply, too! Thanks!

Hi
I got a reply but not much help at all,,,,

Dear Melanie,

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry.

The Disney Gift Card and Disney eGift Card may be redeemed at dining locations throughout the theme parks and hotels of Walt Disney World Resort (including gratuities). Please note, some cart locations, such as popcorn or drink carts, may accept cash only and cannot accept the Disney Gift Card. Currently, at Epcot World Showcase, the Japan, China and Morocco pavilions do not accept the card. Additionally, the Swan and Dolphin hotels, as well as Walt Disney World Resort good neighbor hotels, do not participate in this program and cannot accept the card. At Disney Springs, Disney-branded locations accept the Disney Gift Card as payment. We do not have a comprehensive listing of third party restaurants that accept the card, as it is subject to change without notice. We recommend that you check with each location prior to making your purchase.

Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance.

Sorry I can't offer more help.
Hugs Mel

Just heard back from Morimoto Asia
Good Morning, Melanie.

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently accepting all Disney Gift Cards, Rewards Cards and Magic Band payments which include Disney Room Charge and the Disney Dining Plan. Please let us know if you have additional questions and we look forward to your visit".

Hugs Mel

Hi Mel - Agree the reply from Disney Springs was rather disappointing - no help at all, but it does confirm the fact that some restaurants change their policies about Disney gift cards and Disney rewards without prior notice. The reply from Morimoto was interesting - "we are currently accepting" - leaving the door open to them possible NOT taking the gift card at some point in time. Raglan Road on the other hand, says they "do indeed accept" Disney gift cards - makes me think that's their policy and they aren't going to be changing it.

Our trip isn't until the end of Feb/beginning of March, so I think I'll have to do some "in-person" checking while we are on property to see which places let you use the gift cards. Fortunately, there are more places to eat than days we are staying!

Thanks so much for sharing the emails - it's great that you are getting these replies fairly quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter