Disney in 3 days, Resort hopping help!

HausofDisney

Mouseketeer
I’m leaving for Disney World in 3 days!! We will be staying off-site. However, we have never been to any of the Disney Resorts and therefore we plan to spend one day of our 7 day vacation only touring the Disney World resorts. I need help, please! We have a rental car to drive to the resorts. We plan to start the day early by touring Animal Kingdom Lodge first. Then go to the Grand Floridian Resort. We want to finish our day at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Can someone please tell me what to expect driving our own car to the resorts as a non-guest? Also any helpful advice about these three resorts or things to do with only a few hours at each resort, with two adults. Thank you so much.

GF and poly may not allow you to park free unless you have an ADR. D pends on lot space.

The previous poster is absolutely correct. There are times when the security guard at the gate will let a non-guest park in a resort's lot, but more often than not you'll need to have an ADR to park there. It doesn't hurt to drive up and ask though. Be honest. Tell the guard that you're there because you'd like to see the resort and its shops. We've done that before when we weren't staying at the Grand but wanted to browse/shop in Summer Lace as they usually have fun Lilly Pulitzer and Tommy Bahama clothing.

If they do turn you away, I'd park at the TTC then hop on the monorail or ferry to MK and from there a bus to AKL. I'd then take a bus from AKL to MK and board the monorail (or walk to the CR and board the monorail there) to get to the Grand. As you plan on touring the MK resorts, your vehicle will be as conveniently parked as it can be for when you're ready to go back to your hotel.

If you have a hard time parking at Poly - I would park at Wilderness Lodge and take boat to Contemporary and then ride the monorail through Poly and Grand Floridian.

You get a fun ride through the four resorts and get to check them all out on foot!

We don't bring a car when we visit, so I can't comment on the traveling part of your question. At AKL, you could book an early ADR for a Boma breakfast! It's our favorite breakfast on site. After breakfast, you can start your tour by exiting the doors right next to Boma. You will walk past the pool, which is beautiful. Beyond the pool to the back left, there are animal viewing areas, including a flamingo pond, then a Savannah area with all types of animals. Then head back to the lobby, and check out the cases of artwork scattered throughout. Out the back door of the lobby, is another Savannah, and fire pit. There are CM's at all of the viewing areas, to chat with, either about the animals, or about their African home lives. Back inside the lobby, there is a pretty sitting room, with great photos and artifacts. Off of that room is another small animal area. Towards the front of the lobby is the gift shop. This shop has both typical Disney merchandise, and some amazing artwork and carvings, not to be missed! Have a nice visit!!

Yes- you can drive and park fairly easily at most of the hotels, except the MK ones....How about Boardwalk,etc? How's the parking there if you just want to visit? (I'm asking,I don;t know lol) at Mk, I like the advice to park at TTC and do the monorail and boats around to the hotels there...you can easily wak back to TTC from the Poly later on to get your car

Yes- you can drive and park fairly easily at most of the hotels, except the MK ones....How about Boardwalk,etc? How's the parking there if you just want to visit?

Boardwalk is basically the worst. There are times when they have issues letting guests park, let alone ADRs, let alone looky-loos. They are sometimes strict, and frnakly need to be stricter overall.

You cannot park all day at AKL without being a guest. People do it but technically but you have a 3 hour window. You could be towed. You could park at Animal Kingdom and bus to AKL but that would mean a $20 parking fee, would make more sense to drive from AKL and park at TTC in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!