Disney in May

MILLZ

Mouseketeer
We are going May 6-12th for our first trip home what are the crowds like during this time. Couple weeks before schools let out so i figure it should be slow or am I wrong.

the Minnie Marathorn and the flower/garden festavial - are all I know about.

so it shouldn't be too bad.

We'll be there the week before. I'm curious too as this will be our first May trip.

We've been in May many times and it is our favorite time to go. The crowds are not bad at all we think. The weather is great too!! Have a wonderful time :banana:

Crowds are MODERATE...not great, but not packed. If you've ever gone in Sept. (before free dining) or January, they are definitely more crowded than that. But certainly manageable.

Weather--depends on what you consider HOT. In May, there can easily bu 90 degree days with high humidity. We're from Maine...that's wicked hot for us :rotfl:

We are going May 6-12th for our first trip home what are the crowds like during this time. Couple weeks before schools let out so i figure it should be slow or am I wrong.

Your two weeks are at the absolute best time to go to WDW...even better than Christmas! The weather is always perfect (YMMV), crowds are small to moderate, and did I mention the weather?

We have been going the first or second week of May for more than 10 yrs now, and we LOVE this time. One yr it was in the 90's with horrid humidity, last year we were there the last day of April and the earliest days in May and it was almost too cold to swim (highs in upper 70's with a breeze) but they were perfect theme park days. Most of the time it is in the middle
80's. (I also remember a yr LONG ago that I was wearing a sweatshirt and a friend that did not look at the extended forcast was freezing in her t-shirt!)

I would also call the crowds Moderate. Not slow. Every yr seems to get a little busier than the last as people are realizing what a great time of yr this is to go!

We even purchased our BCV points based on 7 nights during the first or second week in May! :woohoo:

I'll be there in May as well. Better have some hot days I'm ready for SAB. :cool1:

We went in May 2005 and it rained the whole week :( But it was abnormal. We're going mid May this year. The crowds were very low.

I'm curious about May as well--we are thinking of going in late May in 2008 (either week before or week of Memorial Day). Has anyone gone during that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter