• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney interactive game question

Kaye

Mouseketeer
I just spoke to my DH's aunt. She said last time she was at WDW with her grandchildren, she purchased some type of handheld Disney game. She purchased it online, but said they were also for sale at WDW. It comes with one game, but as you go on different attractions while carrying the game, it will add up to 14 more games just by going on the attractions.

She didn't have much more information and I don't know where online she purchased them. I checked Disney online, but didn't see anything. If anyone knows about these, I would appreciate some information. I might want to surprise the kids with them for our Feb. trip. Thanks!

They sell those games at all the parks and resort gift shops. You can easily pick one up when you arrive. It looks a little like mickey minus his head.

Thanks! I guess we'll pick one up when we arrive. Any idea how much one costs?

Is this game something that is always sold at Disney, or is it only there for the 100 Years celebration?

Since we may not get there until next Christmas, I want to know if I should order it now

LeanneC--Do you know if that is the same price that the game is in the parks? There's no big hurry if I can get them in the parks and save a few $$. Thanks! :D

Kaye, I think the games may be priced a little less in the parks, not to mention you wouldn't have to pay shipping costs. Don't have an exact price for you though ... sorry. You could probably call the WDW Merchandising number though for the cost of them in the park.

We bought the game at the shop outside Pirates of the Carribbean on our last trip but I saw it at our hotel also. It was $20 (I think Gifts of a Lifetime is pricey IMHO). My husband and son had a great time loading the games at each attraction. There are instructions on how to download all the games if you would rather do it that way.

The down side of the game is there is no on/off switch, it just automatically goes off when no one plays with it. However, anytime I put it in a bag it would click on for a while.

It was fun and well worth the money. It's a lot like a game boy but shaped like a Mickey head.

Have fun!
Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter