Disney lanyard on RC cruise

iambrink

DIS Veteran
This may be a stupid question, but has anyone brought their Disney lanyards to use on a royal carribean cruise? I hate to go out and buy some or buy them on the ship while i have 8 Disney cruise worth of lanyards collecting dust. Not that i am expecting anything to happen, but just curious. Nothing wrong with this, right?

They only kick you off the boat if the CD spots you with a Carnival lanyard. :)

Anyway, yeah go for it. It’s no big deal.

I see it all the time. Some crew might make some jokes but its good fun. I once heard the hotel director jokingly congratulate a family wearing them on finally seeing the light (his brother works on Disney).

It's like spotting Canadians on the ship - there will be more of us than you think. :)

And probably some folks who haven't gone on DCL asking about it too.

How funny! I'm in the same boat as you! (Little cruising joke there.) I just booked our first Royal and was reading about lanyards and had the same exact thought. I've got a bunch of nice DCL lanyards, but thought it might be weird to use them on RCL. Then I thought, who cares! Why spend money on new ones? And it probably is a conversation starter, which will help on such a huge ship!

Not much different than going to a Yankee home game wearing a Boston R.S. cap. :duck:

Yes so true...my son loves teasing his friends with his Blue Jays stuff when we live in Red Sox country! I agree with previous poster as well..it just felt weird,but I'm gong to bring them. I would love to talk with other Disney fans and would love to talk Disney with RC fans who want to give it try!

Boston fans pretty much dislike any team that isn’t based in Boston. So not surprising.

Glad you’re bringing them. If nothing else, it will be a good conversation piece.

I can promise you that you won't be the only ones wearing them. Last week we saw multiple other families with the on Navigator OTS Last summer in Alaska on Carnival Legend same thing. Our last cruise on NCL Getaway we were walking out of our stateroom as the family next door was walking in to theirs. They had platinum lanyards on (made me feel bad since we are only gold)

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone brought their Disney lanyards to use on a royal carribean cruise? I hate to go out and buy some or buy them on the ship while i have 8 Disney cruise worth of lanyards collecting dust. Not that i am expecting anything to happen, but just curious. Nothing wrong with this, right?

I can't speak regarding RCCL but I have used my DCL lanyards on Carnival cruises. I only received one comment from a staff member... and questions from another cruiser. Most people don't care.

BUT... RCCL has introduced the Wowband recently... You may not even need a lanyard.

Boston fans pretty much dislike any team that isn’t based in Boston. So not surprising.

Glad you’re bringing them. If nothing else, it will be a good conversation piece.

Regarding Boston: Yeah, someone I know nearly got his face destroyed by angry Bruins fans for wearing an Habs shirt in Boston. Apparently, you don't do that in Boston. LOL

Habs-Bruins always gets overlooked as a rivalry because of the Habs-Leafs rivalry.

But it’s a fierce one.

In Montreal, the Habs-Bruins rivalry is definitely not overlooked! :rotfl2: I would actually say that it's even stronger than the Habs-Leafs rivalry...

But I digress...:duck:

I have worn mine on my Royal cruises and plan to wear mine on my next one over the summer as well. I have gotten so used to wearing my card in a lanyard that I can't imagine not using it.

So I found a really cute polka dot lanyard that I forgot I had and I attached the clear card holder part from an old Disneyland lanyard. My son found a super cool Minions lanyard that he liked at Toys R Us that cost just over $1 because they are going out of business! And of course DH is far too cool to wear a lanyard around the ship......:sad2:

I've worn mine on HAL (I've told that story before...I had so much DCL/Disney stuff I walked into my cabin to find my cabin attendant, an assistant for him, and the deck boss with a check-list...and (I know from visiting another person in my group's cabin and theirs was fine but nothing like the extras I mysteriously got) I'm still convinced they thought I was a spy of some sort.), Royal Caribbean x 2, and fathom x 2. Never occurred to me NOT to wear them - or to spend money on one when I already had perfectly good lanyards.

I've already got mine ready to go for my Greece cruise - on Royal Caribbean.

Regarding Boston: Yeah, someone I know nearly got his face destroyed by angry Bruins fans for wearing an Habs shirt in Boston. Apparently, you don't do that in Boston. LOL

OT, but something that confuses me (like the Auburn Tiger/War Eagle and Alabama Elephant/Roll Tide thing always has)... What does "Habs" have to do with "Canadiens"? I'm not a huge sports person, so I legitimately don't know. Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter