Disney Magic June 1, 2019 Cruise (Barcelona)

LoveTink68

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrea and I will be going on the June 1st cruise roundtrip from Barcelona with my DD (19). This will be our first European Cruise and we are very excited.

If their are any past cruisers that have been to these ports, please help us newbies out by suggesting any tours or helpful hints.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

**We are from NY and will be on Deck 6 Aft

Hello all, this is also our first Disney Cruise from Europe and we would love to hear any tips, advice or suggestions from those who have cruised Europe before. We have an 8 y/o girl (9 y/o by the sail date) who would love to meet other cruise friends. It's our first trip to Europe as a family so we are also planning a few days in Paris and Madrid after the cruise. We are from Texas (Mckinney) and just sailed the Disney Fantasy last month on the 7 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary and loved it! Our last cruise on the Magic was in 2012 so we are really looking forward to the Re-imagined Magic. Thanks in advance!

Rick

Hello all, this is also our first Disney Cruise from Europe and we would love to hear any tips, advice or suggestions from those who have cruised Europe before. We have an 8 y/o girl (9 y/o by the sail date) who would love to meet other cruise friends. It's our first trip to Europe as a family so we are also planning a few days in Paris and Madrid after the cruise. We are from Texas (Mckinney) and just sailed the Disney Fantasy last month on the 7 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary and loved it! Our last cruise on the Magic was in 2012 so we are really looking forward to the Re-imagined Magic. Thanks in advance!

Rick
We are from Plano, TX and going on our first trip to europe as well (2nd disney cruise, first one was a quick 3 day to bahamas and castaway this spring). We have a 6 year old and a 4 year old who will be 7 and 5.5 by sail date. Just like you, we will be spending a few days in paris pre-cruise and will also spend 3 days in Barcelona post-cruise. Look forward to getting to know you and others.

Great to have another Texas family coming along! Can't wait to meet up!

We have used this website in the past to get a feel for how crowded the ports will be while we are there. (cruisett.com/forum.php)

As of today's posted schedules, the Disney Magic will be the only ship in port at 2 of the stops (Livorno, Nice) and have only 1 other cruise ship at the other 2 ports (Naples, Civitavecchia). The Port Load is the max number of cruisers / passengers that are expected to disembark.

This helps us decide if we will book a shore excursion through DCL or attempt to venture out on our own and how much competition we will have for taxi cabs and other tours.

Date Port Load Other Ships in port
01-Jun-19 Barcelona 7679 MSC Seaview
02-Jun-19 At Sea
03-Jun-19 Naples 7000 MSC Bellissima
04-Jun-19 Civitavecchia (Rome) 3184 Insignia
05-Jun-19 Livorno 2500
06-Jun-19 Nice 2500
07-Jun-19 At Sea
08-Jun-19 Barcelona 12025 Veendam, Emerald Princess, MSC Seaview

We have sailed on 2 Carnival Cruises and this will be our 7th Disney cruise but we do not consider ourselves "experts" since it seems that we learn something new every time we sail. I hope this helps someone in their planning.

Last edited:

We have used this website in the past to get a feel for how crowded the ports will be while we are there. (cruisett.com/forum.php)

As of today's posted schedules, the Disney Magic will be the only ship in port at 2 of the stops (Livorno, Nice) and have only 1 other cruise ship at the other 2 ports (Naples, Civitavecchia). The Port Load is the max number of cruisers / passengers that are expected to disembark.

This helps us decide if we will book a shore excursion through DCL or attempt to venture out on our own and how much competition we will have for taxi cabs and other tours.

02-Jun-19 At Sea
05-Jun-19 Livorno 2500
06-Jun-19 Nice 2500
07-Jun-19 At Sea

We have sailed on 2 Carnival Cruises and this will be our 7th Disney cruise but we do not consider ourselves "experts" since it seems that we learn something new every time we sail. I hope this helps someone in their planning.
Thanks for the info.

We will be staying the night before in Barcelona. Did you already book your hotels for your pre/post stays? I haven't done so yet, should I get on that soon?

We have already booked the night before at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel. We were afraid that hotels would either get filled or prices would increase dramatically. It was one less thing to worry about, but others may find cheaper places or better deals. We wanted to arrive earlier that the day before, but our daughter's last day of school is not until the 31st and she is missing the last day and a half of school for this trip already. We have booked our post cruise stays in both Paris and Madrid. Hotel du Cadran in Paris and Paseo del Arte in Madrid. Both had great reviews for location and service.

My 13 year-old son and I will sail the Mediterranean for the first time on this cruise. I haven't been to Europe since I was 5 (Scotland), and my son has never been, although we also plan to participate in his school trip to Italy in March. We will spend four nights at Disneyland Paris before the cruise, followed by a night at the Cotton House Hotel in Barcelona. After the cruise, we'll spend three nights at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais in Paris before flying back to America. We're from Austin.

Last edited:
Hi! We’re from Ft.Lauderdale, Florida and this will be our first Disney Cruise and the kids’ (girl 11 and boy 9 at time of sailing) first trip to Europe. We are flying into Barcelona the night before sailing and will be staying in Barcelona 2 nights post cruise, then Paris which includes a trip to Disneyland Paris. We fly back home on 7/15. Kids are looking forward to participating in Fish Extenders gift exchanges. We look forward to meeting everyone!

Sarah

Hi! We’re from Ft.Lauderdale, Florida and this will be our first Disney Cruise and the kids’ (girl 11 and boy 9 at time of sailing) first trip to Europe. We are flying into Barcelona the night before sailing and will be staying in Barcelona 2 nights post cruise, then Paris which includes a trip to Disneyland Paris. We fly back home on 7/15. Kids are looking forward to participating in Fish Extenders gift exchanges. We look forward to meeting everyone!

Sarah
6 weeks in Europe- wow! Have fun!

Sarah

Hello, the Fish Extender sign ups have begun for this cruise. You can find them on the Facebook page for this specific cruise sailing date of June 1, 2019. You can also find a lot of information about the cruise. The Navigator's from previous cruises are really helpful. My apologies if you are already aware of this, but we didn't know about the FB page or the Fish Extender Gift Exchange for our first Disney cruise.

Rick

Last edited:
We have already booked the night before at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel. We were afraid that hotels would either get filled or prices would increase dramatically. It was one less thing to worry about, but others may find cheaper places or better deals. We wanted to arrive earlier that the day before, but our daughter's last day of school is not until the 31st and she is missing the last day and a half of school for this trip already. We have booked our post cruise stays in both Paris and Madrid. Hotel du Cadran in Paris and Paseo del Arte in Madrid. Both had great reviews for location and service.
"Did you book thru Disney or with hotel directly since it is a Marriott Hotel?

02-Jun-19 At Sea
05-Jun-19 Livorno 2500
06-Jun-19 Nice 2500
07-Jun-19 At Sea

Thanks Rick! Appreciate the info!

Hi! Lynette here! My daughter Loryn,22, and I will be sailing on this cruise. This will be the first European Cruise for us that does not depart from Copenhagen, our Europe home base. Looking forward to seeing the new Tangled Themed restaurant. We love visiting the Snuggly Duckling! Snuggly ,Snuggly, Quack Quack Quack!

Hello everyone,

My family and I booked this cruise before the start of summer and are looking forward to our first Mediterranean cruise! I will be travelling with my mother, sister, BIL, and their two kids (four year old niece, six year old nephew) in oceanview verandah, interior staterooms across the hall from one another on Deck 5 aft :) This will my first visit to Barcelona, as well as several ports of call on the cruise (Villefranche/Monaco, Naples); all of the adults have done a fair amount of travelling in Europe over the years.

We haven't booked our flight or pre-cruise hotel/AirBnB in Barcelona yet and are slowly considering excursions. Problem is that my mother and I both have separate cruises booked beforehand (with different cruise lines) LOL!

Hope to talk to you later!

Christine
(Toronto, Canada)

Hi everyone! My name is Brandy and I am so excited to be going to Europe. We actually thought this trip wasn't going to happen, but we decided to throw caution to the wind and do it! I am traveling with my husband Chris, we don't have human kids, just the fur kids. We have sailed on all the other Disney ships so we are super excited to complete this milestone.

I saw someone is doing pre-cruise Paris and post-cruise Barcelona, #jealous. We are doing pre and post in Barcelona. For our hotel, I booked the Hotel Colon. It is right in the middle of the Gothic Quarter with beautiful views of the Barcelona Cathedral. I have to say finding hotels in Barcelona was very interesting, the rooms (and beds) have a tendency to be much smaller and not all of them have private bathrooms. :rolleyes1

For excursions I have been looking at ItalyTours.Eu for the Best of Florence/ Pisa and the Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano group tours. I am also looking at Can't be Missed Tours for Rome. Both of them have great reviews online, were mentioned in the THE Rick Steves book, and were also mentioned in the trip report from Disney Cruise Line Blog. They are also much cheaper than the disney excursions listed on their website. Right now they both say no availability, but I'm hoping :love: I'm just trying to plan too early.

Hopefully, we can help each other out with the planning. If anyone has done this cruise/trip before I would love to have your perspective and insight!

Hi All,
I'm Robin and along with my family (hubby, 8 year old son, mother and sister) were excited about this cruise. We've been to Rome, Paris and London but never Barcelona, Nice or Livorno. We've been on 2 Disney cruises and happy to be going on a 3rd. I (the designated family planner) am looking for excursion tips and meet ups for this cruise particularly for my boy to have a buddy to hang with. are also in an inside cabin for the first time so if anyone can allay my concerns about it feeling claustrophobic I'd appreciate it.

Our schedule includes 1 day pre and 1 day post cruise stay in Barcelona since we've never been. Any kid friendly, Barcelona tips for first timers is appreciated.

I'm looking for the Fish Extender Group for this cruise on Facebook as well.

Warmest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!