Disney Magic Kingdoms

I've got 10 badges and 7 hats for Bogo and I have to say I'm enjoying the slow pace. I like that it's taking a while to collect the tokens for the characters in this update. It's stretching out the fun a little bit, which is a nice change from the big rush and sudden let down of previous events. :)
I don't mind the leisurely pace either. But what's starting to happen now is what I've encountered for each movie as the characters all start to level up... I get bored with collecting the same tokens over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Leveling up Judy now to Level 6 and then will send her and Nick on a quest. I hope that leads to welcoming Bogo.

4 Shields and 3 hats. My pull rate has been atrocious, but no big deal, I'm keeping it relaxed.

My Judy is level 8, Nick level 5 and Flash level 7. All 3 should be able to level tonight, but Nick might not be ready until the morning.

Spending gems tips and strategies wanted!

So I just started playing this game about 10 days ago, and am addicted!! I have no intentions of spending any real money, which limits my level of incoming gems. However, through all the leveling up of myself and characters, I've managed to accumulate enough gems to finally consider spending some. What recommendations do folks have on where to spend my gems to make them count the most? Floats, more parade spots, specific gem only characters, specific gem only attractions, additional chest opening location, etc.

Also, is it just me or do parades seem to never drop gems?! I even opened up a second parade float spot early on in hopes of upping my chances of gems...

As an early player, Pluto and Pluto's Dog House are cheap and help with magic collection and tasks. Otherwise, try to keep a stash of gems for limited time events. Lately, we've needed 180-200 gems for 1st character, 250 gems for 2nd character, 50 gems float 150? for special building (not sure because I don't usually have enough gems to afford the special building). When you get farther into the game (way farther) Aurora's Spinning Wheel and Merryweather are also cheaper and useful. Otherwise, it's about what characters you can't live without. Rex, Maximus are generally considered more useful than Boo or Wall E. But for those of us who aren't spending real money, by the time we collect enough gems to get a premium character, we've already collected all the tokens they drop.

As for parades, yes, they do drop gems, but not everyday. In my IOS game I opened 4 parade spots, in my Windows game I only have 3. I swear, I get more gems from only having 3 spots than 4 even though when the game was launched they said that longer parades have a better chance of items dropping (but maybe they meant tokens, and not gems). I have 2 platforms for chest openings. I do not buy chests, gems are far too precious. But I have all the limited time characters, so that limits the usefulness of the special chests a lot too.

Welcoming Bogo now. Figured it would be this weekend, but didn't think it would be early on Friday morning. Since it takes 12 hours to welcome him, I'm hoping by this evening, I will have enough tokens to bring him up to level 2 right away.

Has anyone been able to welcome him yet? Wondering how many of each I'll need for Level 2.

Last edited:
Welcoming Bogo now. Figured it would be this weekend, but didn't think it would be early on Friday morning. Since it takes 12 hours to welcome him, I'm hoping by this evening, I will have enough tokens to bring him up to level 2 right away.

Has anyone been able to welcome him yet? Wondering how many of each I'll need for Level 2.
I think it was just 2 of each. I am working on level 3 now and its 3 of each. Make sure you keep leveling up Judy and Nick. At one point they both had to be at level 7 to advance the game and now the next task requires both Nick and Judy to be at level 8.

I think it was just 2 of each. I am working on level 3 now and its 3 of each. Make sure you keep leveling up Judy and Nick. At one point they both had to be at level 7 to advance the game and now the next task requires both Nick and Judy to be at level 8.
Thanks! I have nearly all characters ready to level up, but I'm going to need to build up my pawpsicles.

How is everyone doing with welcoming Chief Bogo? I got 12 shields and 9 ear hats. It's taking ages but no way near as bad as Donald or Elsa.

It's taking me a long time to get all the necessary stuff to welcome him. Not a complaint, really, just commenting on it. I'm just so much happier with this since it's not a timed event... I can be patient.

As an early player, Pluto and Pluto's Dog House are cheap and help with magic collection and tasks. Otherwise, try to keep a stash of gems for limited time events. Lately, we've needed 180-200 gems for 1st character, 250 gems for 2nd character, 50 gems float 150? for special building (not sure because I don't usually have enough gems to afford the special building). When you get farther into the game (way farther) Aurora's Spinning Wheel and Merryweather are also cheaper and useful. Otherwise, it's about what characters you can't live without. Rex, Maximus are generally considered more useful than Boo or Wall E. But for those of us who aren't spending real money, by the time we collect enough gems to get a premium character, we've already collected all the tokens they drop.

As for parades, yes, they do drop gems, but not everyday. In my IOS game I opened 4 parade spots, in my Windows game I only have 3. I swear, I get more gems from only having 3 spots than 4 even though when the game was launched they said that longer parades have a better chance of items dropping (but maybe they meant tokens, and not gems). I have 2 platforms for chest openings. I do not buy chests, gems are far too precious. But I have all the limited time characters, so that limits the usefulness of the special chests a lot too.

Thanks for all this info! It sounds like characters and maybe some select attractions are the best use of my limited gem supply. Is there a cheat sheet for what each character drops? I can afford Pluto now, but I'm wondering if I'm at a point where the tokens he drops won't do me much. In which case I may be better off trying to save for Rex instead (though maybe I'll be past needing him by the time I save that much too!). If I could only afford the first character in a limited time event, is it even worth bothering?

Did everyone get Flash? Since it is not a timed event I decided to save the gems for the next timed event. This is going to take quite a long time to get everyone to level 10.

I splurged and got him and I usually don't buy them but I thought he'd help with getting Chief Bogo.

Did everyone get Flash? Since it is not a timed event I decided to save the gems for the next timed event. This is going to take quite a long time to get everyone to level 10.

Nope, I didn't. At some point I will, but I need to hoard gems right now for other gem characters or the next event. Just my luck, I'll use what I have and then need them for legendary chests or something like that.

I didn't bother since I wasn't interested in Flash and there's no real benefit since there's no time limit.

Spending gems tips and strategies wanted!

So I just started playing this game about 10 days ago, and am addicted!! I have no intentions of spending any real money, which limits my level of incoming gems. However, through all the leveling up of myself and characters, I've managed to accumulate enough gems to finally consider spending some. What recommendations do folks have on where to spend my gems to make them count the most? Floats, more parade spots, specific gem only characters, specific gem only attractions, additional chest opening location, etc.

Also, is it just me or do parades seem to never drop gems?! I even opened up a second parade float spot early on in hopes of upping my chances of gems...

The first 4 things I would get are 2nd parade float (you did this already), 2nd chest pedestal, Pluto, and Pluto's House. Parades do drop gems but it's rare, so just keep running them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter