Disney Magic Kingdoms

Don't forget, this game cloud saves periodically. Thus, if you open a Platinum Chest and you get garbage, you can roll your game back to your last save and try to open the exact same chest and repeat till you get what you want. The drop rates for the "good" stuff are ridiculously bad... When I kept statistics early on to calculate the drop rates for the rare items, we found some of them were worse than 5% chance (1 in 20ish). No big deal for those with deep pockets willing to spend $100s of dollars on a mobile game. But for the rest of us free-to-play players that's the only way to control your fate to guarantee getting the exact item from each drop. And that was the AVERAGE... some times it came sooner... and the other half the times it took many more attempts. Just do the math to find out how much REAL money... it would cost to keep buying gems to keep buying random 5% dice rolls.

Of course, backing up your save file is trivial for player of this game using Windows... those stuck on Android/iOS version the simplest way to backup your save file is to play on two devices (or switch in and out of airplane mode)... Most people have seen the dialog when you play offline or move from your phone to tablet the prompt asking which save file to use if you've played on two devices. Just save right before you open your chest, transfer to device 2... open... and if you get garbage... open the game on the first device again and repeat. There's no reason to waste another Platinum/Gold chest again for useless potions.

BTW, this works on every random drop in game... You can use it to guarantee gems everytime you run the parade... or guarantee an rare/epic/legendary drop after every timer countdown for each character task. No matter what, the game odds still are in play and you're still hoping the game's RNG (random number generator) rolls the right number for you... but as long as you are willing to put in the effort, you can get your Zootopia Racetrack guaranteed on your next Platinum chest.

I have the game on 2 devices, an iPad and iPhone, and rarely have any issues moving from one device to the other. On most days I end up getting 4 gems for watching the trailer, 2 on each device. I've found that quitting the app, restarting/loading it on the same device and then opening it on the other device works best. it makes sure that I'm playing the most up to date version of the game.

I've tried once, using the platinum chest technique between the two devices, but have only been able to redo it 4 times before It rewrote the cloud save to after I opened the chest. Do you need to be in airport mode to get it to work? I really want the speedway since it is the only attraction I'm missing. Doubt I'd use that technique for anything else.

I've always found the trophy mini-events, like gold strike, the most enjoyable and easiest to rank high.

Only want to finish in the top 50 for the Abu stand and Lantern trophy. Currently 3rd with 174 trophies collected before going to bed. I've got 84 more trophies that #50, so it shouldn't be a problem, lol

I just need 3 more ear hats then I can welcome Jasmine. I'm a bit behind all of you here it seems, but then I did only start playing the game a couple of weeks ago, so I think that's to be expected! :p Aladdin, Abu and Carpet are all ready to be levelled up again. I've mostly been ignoring all the non-Aladdin stuff, but Cinderella is ready to be welcomed, and a few other characters are now ready for level up too.

Last edited:
Don't forget, this game cloud saves periodically. Thus, if you open a Platinum Chest and you get garbage, you can roll your game back to your last save and try to open the exact same chest and repeat till you get what you want. The drop rates for the "good" stuff are ridiculously bad... When I kept statistics early on to calculate the drop rates for the rare items, we found some of them were worse than 5% chance (1 in 20ish). No big deal for those with deep pockets willing to spend $100s of dollars on a mobile game. But for the rest of us free-to-play players that's the only way to control your fate to guarantee getting the exact item from each drop. And that was the AVERAGE... some times it came sooner... and the other half the times it took many more attempts. Just do the math to find out how much REAL money... it would cost to keep buying gems to keep buying random 5% dice rolls.

Of course, backing up your save file is trivial for player of this game using Windows... those stuck on Android/iOS version the simplest way to backup your save file is to play on two devices (or switch in and out of airplane mode)... Most people have seen the dialog when you play offline or move from your phone to tablet the prompt asking which save file to use if you've played on two devices. Just save right before you open your chest, transfer to device 2... open... and if you get garbage... open the game on the first device again and repeat. There's no reason to waste another Platinum/Gold chest again for useless potions.

BTW, this works on every random drop in game... You can use it to guarantee gems everytime you run the parade... or guarantee an rare/epic/legendary drop after every timer countdown for each character task. No matter what, the game odds still are in play and you're still hoping the game's RNG (random number generator) rolls the right number for you... but as long as you are willing to put in the effort, you can get your Zootopia Racetrack guaranteed on your next Platinum chest.
Thanks for the detailed description of how it works - very helpful indeed. I must admit to being tempted to give it a try, but I think I’ll wait until after the Aladdin Event. I don’t want to risk it all going pear shaped and me losing progress in the event!

Feeling pretty good about this event so far! Good amount of trophies, have 8 more hours of Mickey watching the sandstorms from the fun wheel and Aladdin & Jasmine have 8 hours left of planning the surprise party for Genie! Also so happy to hear Eago is 250 gems cuz I have 236 now and I think I can get enough within 20 days Yay!! lol

I've always found the trophy mini-events, like gold strike, the most enjoyable and easiest to rank high.

Only want to finish in the top 50 for the Abu stand and Lantern trophy. Currently 3rd with 174 trophies collected before going to bed. I've got 84 more trophies that #50, so it shouldn't be a problem, lol

Agree that this mini event is not competitive. I am in 2nd with 116. 40 more than 10th and about 80 more 50th. Not all of the trophy characters are going after them too. Working on leveling up L/K and Aladdin characters.

Feeling pretty good about this event so far! Good amount of trophies, have 8 more hours of Mickey watching the sandstorms from the fun wheel and Aladdin & Jasmine have 8 hours left of planning the surprise party for Genie! Also so happy to hear Eago is 250 gems cuz I have 236 now and I think I can get enough within 20 days Yay!! lol

You'll definitely make it to 250 gems. Just get your two a day at the theater.

So far Donald has been useless. Chip chipmunk doesn't get tokens or event currency so far, but he does have a 1 hour task for the mini event collecting the golden lamps going on right now, which is fairly handy. He is also good for collecting items for Chief Bogo if you haven't finished zootopia yet.
I don't think Donald is a matter of "so far...". He doesn't have an Aladdin-themed tasks, so I don't expect him to come in handy at all this time. Other characters are able to at least yield tokens, so I figure those will eventually turn into tasks for Genie, Iago, and Jafar.

Anyone else having the problem when you send characters on quests, then come back to the game hours later, and they "just started" the quest? I kept having this happen so I left the game open for a while after I sent them on the quest to make sure they started it but it is still doing it. It's starting to set me back in the event, which is aggravating. And of course it just happened when I sent Jasmine and Aladdin on the 10 hour quest when they should have finished it by now.

Also, my trophies are not getting collected either, I have collected a ton and I checked for the first time and it says I only have one.

Anyone else having the problem when you send characters on quests, then come back to the game hours later, and they "just started" the quest? I kept having this happen so I left the game open for a while after I sent them on the quest to make sure they started it but it is still doing it. It's starting to set me back in the event, which is aggravating. And of course it just happened when I sent Jasmine and Aladdin on the 10 hour quest when they should have finished it by now.

Also, my trophies are not getting collected either, I have collected a ton and I checked for the first time and it says I only have one.

Other folks on here have definitely mentioned similar issues since the update. Fortunately, I haven't yet had these issues, but with every additional person that reports them on here, I get more and more worried that I'll be next! It definitely seems like the issues have been spreading to more people with every passing day. Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly for you! I would put in a complaint with gameloft, though it doesn't sound like that's always successful at getting the issue resolved, it will at least make them aware of yet another person with the issue.

Other folks on here have definitely mentioned similar issues since the update. Fortunately, I haven't yet had these issues, but with every additional person that reports them on here, I get more and more worried that I'll be next! It definitely seems like the issues have been spreading to more people with every passing day. Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly for you! I would put in a complaint with gameloft, though it doesn't sound like that's always successful at getting the issue resolved, it will at least make them aware of yet another person with the issue.
I have been playing this game for a little over a year and only had 1 issue that was resolved immediately on its own so it came as quite a shock to have 2 at once. Sent in for 2 tickets a little while ago and hopefully it will be resolved.

What's the recommendation for event character levels going into Jafar? On the LK event I thought most needed to be at lvl 5 or 6, with the exception of Simba (last character collected prior to the battle, so Genie in this case). I figure with 1.5 days until Genie's available my focus should be getting these event characters leveled up. Currently have Jasmine, Abu & Carpet at lvl 4, and Aladdin at lvl 5. Everyone except Jasmine is ready to level up again - except I don't have that many lamps yet, so need to keep focusing on those too.

I don't think Donald is a matter of "so far...". He doesn't have an Aladdin-themed tasks, so I don't expect him to come in handy at all this time. Other characters are able to at least yield tokens, so I figure those will eventually turn into tasks for Genie, Iago, and Jafar.
You are most likely right, but I remember in the past he occasionally got fabric, so I have slim hope he'd help with the costumes for Al and Jasmine.

I was one of those who lost a lot of progress from these game glitches. I had to welcome Jasmine 3 times the other day! And right as I sent Aladdin and Jasmine on the 10 hr task last night, I lost another 6 hours of progress, after I had leveled everyone up too. Someone on FB recommended force saving to the cloud every once in a while, and that seems to have helped.

You are most likely right, but I remember in the past he occasionally got fabric, so I have slim hope he'd help with the costumes for Al and Jasmine.
Fabric's a whole other story :) Let's hope putting him in his silly pumpkin costume will help with fabric again!

This morning's progress: Impatiently waiting to "Welcome a Magic-Maker: Welcome the Genie" *girlie squeals*
Aladdin: Leveling to level 5 now
Jasmine: Level 3, ready for 4...going to level her to 5 today
Abu: Level 3, ready for 4
Carpet: Level 1, ready for 2. Someone said they left Zazu and Rafiki at Level 1 the entire LK event.... I'm trying it, and Carpet is getting me tons of items:-)
Otherwise, I don't want to have to go crazy to get a ton of Lamps for Genie.... because, well.... he's the Genie. LOL

Well I got a response back from both my tickets. The trophy issue was resolved on its own before they responded back. For the other issue, they said "I should run the game a little bit before closing", which I have been doing and that hasn't been working, and "If I play on multiple devices, that could be part of the problem" but I only use one device. So much for getting their help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter