Disney Magic Kingdoms - Tips

Discussion in 'Disney Online Games' started by LoriR, Mar 20, 2016.

1. supernova

supernova Marty & Mike

I wonder if purchasing chests carries more weight than finding chests?

Beccybooboo and Windwaker4444 like this.
  2. mshanson3121

mshanson3121 DIS Veteran

Honestly, I think so. I haven't purchased a lot of chests, but I tend to have better luck when I do.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Mayi

Mayi Disney Princess

I make that exact comparison (movie and popcorn) whenever anyone asks me why I spend real money on the game.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 9:12 PM
    AlohaBerry and MickeySkywalker like this.
  5. LeCras

LeCras Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>I don't think I cou

I've never bought a chest and have every attraction. So it's definitely possible to get them without spending RL cash.

6. Osum

Osum Earning My Ears

I gave in and got a few legendary chests, since I wasn't playing when the BatB event happened. I am so excited, I now have all characters, costumes, and attractions from that event. Apparently, I was very lucky with the chests!

I also got Splash Mountain in a chest some time ago, and have never bought chests (apart from legendary). Of course, this doesn't prove whether paying for the chests improves your odds, but thought I'd mention it... it really does exist in the un-paid chests. :)

AlohaBerry likes this.
  7. Lindz101

Lindz101 Earning My Ears

I would say it doesn't. I purchased the 6 chests and got no characters or buildings just decorations and magic

8. Mayi

Mayi Disney Princess

I've been there a couple of times but I always end up bouncing back.

9. lmmatooki

lmmatooki Mouseketeer

I don't know for myself because I was one of the lucky ones getting Splash Mountain, the gloves, and the racetrack almost immediately somehow

10. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I haven't bought any chests and I have everything except that racetrack.

And those stupid fire sticks are still eluding me. :sad2:

11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Not sure, I bought a bunch of platinum chests when they had the sale a while ago and still never got the Zootopia race track

(Used gems not actual cash)

12. JamesGarvey

JamesGarvey Mouseketeer

"There is a Movie coming out this friday, called Goodbye Christopher Robin! I am HOPING that maybe DMK is timing an update of Winnie the Pooh, in time with this movie release! I'm sure it's wishful thinking, but it would be pretty awesome, just like they did for Beauty & the Beast"

That movie isnt from Disney

13. Beccybooboo

Beccybooboo Mouseketeer

I got Lucky with Splash Mountain when it was released in a chest cant remember if I purchased the chest or found it though. TOT was my nightmare it took a long time to finally get it. Hang in there I hope it comes your way soon.

Windwaker4444 likes this.
  14. Beccybooboo

Beccybooboo Mouseketeer

I started collecting for Shere Khan almost 48hrs ago, so far I have 3 of each without Louie. Dont know if its just me but his ear hats are really bright and I think they look really cool.

15. PrincessS121212

PrincessS121212 Mouseketeer

I doubt it. I got splash mountain within 10 chests, not purchasing them. I got the prince charming starter gloves within 1 month and only purchased 1 chest.
    I still don't have the zootopia racetrack, despite having every other character and attraction except sher khan.
    I've opened at least 68 chests, 22 of which I purchased with real money using the 11 platinum chest pack and didn't even get a concession stand or decoration. At least 10 I've purchased through spending money to replenish gems, then spent the gems on chests and got only magic and happiness. Over 20 chests were purchased with gems earned and I've gotten 2 concession stands, a handful of decoration, and more useless magic/happiness. The remaining chests were either found in the park or earned with elixirs and same pile of junk.

16. AJGolden1013

AJGolden1013 Earning My Ears

I still don't have it. I hope I get it eventually. I don't have any free lame that I'm aware of to put it, but that's okay. I'm also leveling up my characters so I'm about to be very Magic poor shortly.

Windwaker4444 likes this.
  17. tyedye

tyedye DIS Veteran

I'm about the same place in the story. I now have Donald to level 5 and it unlocked his costume. The fabric for the costume drops from the Haunted Mansion, so since I have no event characters before Lion King, should I get the HM? Otherwise that leaves maybe 1 character, once I get them to the level needed, that may drop the fabrics or from gold and platinum chests. Do you have to get the fabric to advance the main story or is his costume just like extra?

I think those that started playing after a few events and didn't get them from legendary chests won't accumulate magic as quick as those that have played longer. It seems every time I build it up that a character, land, or something else drops it way back down.

18. 1 More Happy Haunt

1 More Happy Haunt Earning My Ears

I think that is true based on my experience. I was on my way to earning my first half million and then had to welcome Pete. I've also chosen to max out some characters to "get them out of the way".

Sadly, I've decided that I don't have enough RL cash to go to WDW for a 3 day Disney binge next month. I can't justify spending that money right before the holidays. Oh well.

19. supernova

supernova Marty & Mike

Perhaps... but the Gameloft interns don't make money on gems.

20. 1 More Happy Haunt

1 More Happy Haunt Earning My Ears

Out of idle curiosity, why can only 4 characters fight Zurg? Wouldn't it make more strategic sense to have a large scale attack?

21. nicki401

nicki401 Earning My Ears

So it figures right after I posted i rarely found platinum chests, one popped up in my game.

lmmatooki and Windwaker4444 like this.