Disney Magic Kingdoms

My game is glitchy today. Every time I send Dopey out to get one of those stupid trees he gets stuck and I can't get him back unless I reload the game. Anyone else having this issue? I like using him for this every now and then since he's a bit faster.
I haven't had the Dopey issue yet. But I did notice that Merlin is causing my game to crash again whenever I tap on him or his cauldron. My game overall crashed a lot today and I actually lost a little bit of time...but that's nothing new I guess.

ok my guess for the 25th day gift is half of the grumpy tokens, like half of each and maybe 5k EC but that part seems less likely (they don't want you having the full 80k ec at the end.) something that will be useful to those who already have him to lvl him up a good chunk and something to motivate those without him to spend gems on the remaining requirements

Ok, now it's Doc, too. So what takes 2 characters an hour to get, plus another character 2 mins, is now also including a 2 minute reboot. Thanks, gameloft. Was this my prize for the day?

This event is so cute, I love it!!!

For those trying to earn more gems: I had 1,002 gems (all earned) at the start of the Alice event. I got both premium characters, the float, and the premium ride, all paid with gems. I started the Snow White event with 940 gems, so I pretty much earned all those gems back in this timeframe. The biggest earner has definitely been parades. The more open slots, the more likely you are to earn gems from a parade. It took me about 6 months to build up enough gems to feel comfortable opening the 5th slot. Usually I get at least 5 every other day...a few times I’ve lucked out and gotten 15 on a single parade. I don’t know if I’ll open the 6th slot because I’m doing pretty well as it is. Now, in terms of main storyline premium content I only have Pluto, his house and the spinning wheel, and I am totally fine with that. If you need to have everything then you are definitely going to need to spend a little money at some point.
I was so excited to read your post because parades have been such a waste for me. I rarely ever get gems from them. So I went ahead and opened my fifth slot and waited for the gems to finally produce. Twelve parades later and not a single gem. Nothing. Nada. My son added a slot and is actually getting more gems. I’m beginning to really hate parades... :sad2:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am really love the go home feature. I find it very helpful.

I think it is a great feature and so far seems to be working quite well/is easy to do

it really made it easier for this trophy mini-quest to not have to deal with any characters that aren't either getting tokens or trophies

I'll be honest (and maybe it was just because they mentioned this feature was coming) but the week or so before Snow White started I was getting to the point that I was playing less and if the game crashed in the middle of me playing I'd just stop and come back later, etc rather than restarting ... and it was because of how long it was taking to get through all the characters - this feature has made the game playable again for me

ok my guess for the 25th day gift is half of the grumpy tokens, like half of each and maybe 5k EC but that part seems less likely (they don't want you having the full 80k ec at the end.) something that will be useful to those who already have him to lvl him up a good chunk and something to motivate those without him to spend gems on the remaining requirements

I was thinking it might be a bunch (10?) of the magical chests. If it is specifically those items that doesn't help the people that already bought a bunch of chests and got Grumpy ... if it is the chests than at least they could get more EC and/or Snow White benches or whatever - not tokens they don't need

Although I guess you need the tokens to level him up as well so not totally useless

Out of the 3 magical chests I got for the striking gold event I didnt get 1 single red card. I got 3 owls and event currency. What a waste of time.

Can you buy Grumpy? Only have 6 each of owls and hats so no hope of getting him. I don't really want to buy him but I've no option to do so - either as a bundle or through the character book like you normally can with gems.

Out of the 3 magical chests I got for the striking gold event I didnt get 1 single red card. I got 3 owls and event currency. What a waste of time.

ugh, that is frustrating

I had to work extra the last day but did manage to be in the top ten (#7 with 811 trophies) and did manage to get, in total 3 owls, 3 grumpy ears, and 1 dwarf hat stand - so not too bad

now up to a total of 8 each of the owls and grumpy hats - so still a ways to go!

Can you buy Grumpy? Only have 6 each of owls and hats so no hope of getting him. I don't really want to buy him but I've no option to do so - either as a bundle or through the character book like you normally can with gems.

no - the only way is to get all the tokens. You can buy magical chests though which are 15 gems each and then try to get all the tokens from the chests. From what I have seen others post it has taken them about 700 gems to buy enough chests to get all the tokens

Ouch. That's sucky. On the plus side, at least you didn't purchase those particular magical chests.

Between the 3 chests, I ended up with 7 owls and 2 ear hats. I also received 2 owls and 1 ear hat from the chest from the advent calendar. So now I'm up to 17 owls and 3 hats total... Grumpy should be mine any minute now :rolleyes2

I was so excited to read your post because parades have been such a waste for me. I rarely ever get gems from them. So I went ahead and opened my fifth slot and waited for the gems to finally produce. Twelve parades later and not a single gem. Nothing. Nada. My son added a slot and is actually getting more gems. I’m beginning to really hate parades... :sad2:

Aw, I’m sorry this hasn’t worked for you yet! Hopefully the RNG looks more kindly on you and starts dropping more gems soon.

I got 2 owls and one ear hat from 2 magical chests today (one for the event and one for the daily reward). I’m at 9 owls and 9 ear hats. Dopey has been conisistently dropping hats for me, so I think I have a decent chance of hitting 40, but the owls are going to be a real stretch. Like I said previously, I’ll keep going until the very end, and if I’m close enough I’ll consider buying a few chests.

So these events have been killing my gem count. I had just under 300 going in, bought Dopey, and now with levelling up characters I'm back at 230. Do I buy Happy? Or hold off and save my gems for the next event? I've never been in this position (having to ration my gems in events) but these last few months have been eating into all my reserves!

In a round about way, yes you can. You have to buy the magical chests which are 15 gems each, but be prepared to spend anywhere between 600 & 800 gems. I decided to go that route, and spent about 650 - 700 gems I believe, but I am OCD and must have all the characters. Good luck to you.

ugh, that is frustrating

I had to work extra the last day but did manage to be in the top ten (#7 with 811 trophies) and did manage to get, in total 3 owls, 3 grumpy ears, and 1 dwarf hat stand - so not too bad

now up to a total of 8 each of the owls and grumpy hats - so still a ways to go!

I finished in 2nd with 411. I landed on a non competitive board. First place had me by close to 200. The 10th spot was about 130 behind me.

From the 3 chests I got 5 owls and 3 Grumpy Ears.

So these events have been killing my gem count. I had just under 300 going in, bought Dopey, and now with levelling up characters I'm back at 230. Do I buy Happy? Or hold off and save my gems for the next event? I've never been in this position (having to ration my gems in events) but these last few months have been eating into all my reserves!

also, I believe that the Mine Train attraction will be a premium building (i.e., cost gems) since the build time is listed as "instantly"

Sweet... merciful... crap.

Wound up in 49th place. In my two chests, I received owls, ear hats, and... Grumpy. And you can basically automatically level him up to 2 immediately. With the tokens I received, I now have him at 3.

Don't get me wrong. I still hate you, interns. Do you hear me? I hate you. For a very short second, I thought perhaps this would take away some of the hatred based on your sheer stupidity and gross incompetence. But no. I still hate you all.

Last edited:
I finished in 2nd with 411. I landed on a non competitive board. First place had me by close to 200. The 10th spot was about 130 behind me.

From the 3 chests I got 5 owls and 3 Grumpy Ears.
I think I was on the same board as you. I saw the name and recognized it from here.

Holy... mother... of... pearl.

Wound up in 49th place. In my two chests, I received owls, ear hats, and... Grumpy. And you can basically automatically level him up to 2 immediately. With the tokens I received, I now have him at 3.

Don't get me wrong. I still hate you, interns. Do you hear me? I hate you. For a very short second, I thought perhaps this would take away some of the hatred based on your sheer stupidity. But no. I still hate you all.
Congrats! I keep hoping everyone playing somehow gets him from a free chest like you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!