Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm guessing the update will be some time next week. I'm not in a hurry either, but really, by now the spiderwebs on the castle wreath are getting to be a bit much.
They've already built the content, so they could have uploaded it by now. But then, they also need to finish removing some of the bugs. Which by my math puts the release somewhere around ten months from now. Merry Christmas.

So I'm sure you're all dying to know what I got in my Platinum chest, once I had figured out the right time to open it....

Another Coronan Sun dial ... :-(

Ah well, at least Merlin gave me a good price for it, and I was able to get the last ears I needed to welcome Toy Alien!

So I'm sure you're all dying to know what I got in my Platinum chest, once I had figured out the right time to open it....

Ah well, at least Merlin gave me a good price for it, and I was able to get the last ears I needed to welcome Toy Alien!
Where on the other hand, apparently I haven't bothered exchanging items for a while because when I did so last night, I had 27 fun hydrants. Had flash backs to the days before the cauldron was an option

Adding to the mention of "magic", for anyone who isn't tripping over the stuff by now and yet you have sent characters 'home, it is time to pull them out of mothballs and get them back on tasks, even longer ones. You would have been earning a lot more magic that way. And trust me... you're gonna need it.

Thanks for the reminder, just evicted all characters and put them to work earning magic.

Welcome to the Coronial Sun Dial owner's club. That's the same thing I got a couple of days ago. This is why I don't feel the need to hoard too many of those platinum chests. I never get the "good stuff" out of them anyway. :sad2:

Welcome to the Coronial Sun Dial owner's club. That's the same thing I got a couple of days ago. This is why I don't feel the need to hoard too many of those platinum chests. I never get the "good stuff" out of them anyway. :sad2:
These inept Gameloft interns really need to start fixing these chests, especially the rarer ones. Why we are getting planters, flags, or even magic from a platinum chest is bizarre. Smacks of laziness on the interns' part.

Last edited:

Okay everyone, so this isn't any sort of concrete proof, it's just my thoughts. I paused the video playback of the livestream. In their version Captain Hook is at level 9 and they are upping him to 10. He costs 81,600. Then Peter Pan is supposed to go from 9 - 10 and his magic cost alone is 271,700, so it appears that this update will cost a LOT of magic. In order to help with such high costs, I've been sending gout all my characters for 1 hour tasks, unless they are collecting tokens. I was at 2.7M and I'm closing in on 2.9M, so that's helpful. I don't have any concession farms, but I am currently unemployed, so in my downtime, I collect magic. Best wishes to all.

Okay everyone, so this isn't any sort of concrete proof, it's just my thoughts. I paused the video playback of the livestream. In their version Captain Hook is at level 9 and they are upping him to 10. He costs 81,600. Then Peter Pan is supposed to go from 9 - 10 and his magic cost alone is 271,700, so it appears that this update will cost a LOT of magic. In order to help with such high costs, I've been sending gout all my characters for 1 hour tasks, unless they are collecting tokens. I was at 2.7M and I'm closing in on 2.9M, so that's helpful. I don't have any concession farms, but I am currently unemployed, so in my downtime, I collect magic. Best wishes to all.

Wow!

I’d does seem like the cost have gone up over time. I couldn’t image being a newer player and having to deal with these costs. :scared1:

I’m at just over 5M and I’m not ready to bring my characters back yet. That said, any characters I’ve recently brought back for character happiness, are staying out and I'm sending them out on 2 or 4 hour jobs.

I’ll start my 24h maxing for Toy Alien in a few minutes and my Evil Queen should be ready to max when he's done. Then I’ll just be down to my level 8 Grumpy. That’s when I might bring back more characters?

Am I the only one who hasnt used the home feature? Not because I am short of magic, just didnt feel the need to get rid of characters that can be sent on long tasks for more magic.
Right there with ya. Haven't bothered with it even once. I usually send my characters out on the longest possible tasks when they don't have tokens to collect, so it doesn't really take me too long to clear the list and get them all back on tasks again. Plus, knowing that magic is going to be required for this next expansion of the storyline, I want to keep my magic up as much as possible.

Right there with ya. Haven't bothered with it even once. I usually send my characters out on the longest possible tasks when they don't have tokens to collect, so it doesn't really take me too long to clear the list and get them all back on tasks again. Plus, knowing that magic is going to be required for this next expansion of the storyline, I want to keep my magic up as much as possible.

That's what I did, until very recently. I put most of them in storage since (maybe naively) I am not very concerned about running out of magic. I definitely feel like I am earning less, plus I think it's taken some fun out of the game. I mean, I worked really hard to collect some of those characters and now it's like they don't even exist. I've been planning to pull them out but haven't done it yet.

Good to know I am not alone

That's what I did, until very recently. I put most of them in storage since (maybe naively) I am not very concerned about running out of magic. I definitely feel like I am earning less, plus I think it's taken some fun out of the game. I mean, I worked really hard to collect some of those characters and now it's like they don't even exist. I've been planning to pull them out but haven't done it yet.
For me, it's more about characters I have no use for, and I wonder why they are even part of the game to begin with. Wall-E, Incredibles, Zootopia, Monsters Inc, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Pirates all seemed to be pretty random inclusions.

How far I have gotten since last progress update:

Doc- was waiting to max, Now maxed
Dopey- still waiting to go to 10
Bashful- was waiting to level to 9, collecting for 10, close
Sneezy- was waiting to level to 9, waiting to max
Snow- was waiting to level to 9, waiting to max
Happy- was waiting to level to 9, collecting for 10, close
Grumpy- still collecting for 9, 4 more hats to go its taking FOREVER
Sleepy- was upgrading to 8, collecting for 10, close
Queen- was waiting to level up to 7, collecting for 9, hopefully now Snow White has all her items Grumpy will drop every 2 hours

Alien- still collecting for 10

Jafar- was waiting to be maxed out, maxed

Shere Khan- was collecting for 8, collecting for 9

AIW- still had a few to max
March Hare- still waiting
White Rabbit- was maxed
Mad Hatter- still waiting
Caterpillar- was maxed
Cheshire- still waiting
Queen- now maxed
Alice- still waiting

Feels like slow going now getting towards the end of levelling.

Well, while everyone else is sharing their progress, here's mine:
Sleepy - 14 apples away from Level 10
Snow White - 13 birds (plus apples) away from Level 10
Grumpy - 6 hats (and apples) away from Level 9
Wicked Queen - 1 box (and apples) away from Level 8

On a side note, I've noticed that the Queen will sometimes not drop apples at the end of her hour task. Hmmm....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!