Disney Magic..Room close to laundry room or elevator

JanetRose

...what was the meaning of the big white glove?
our room is not directly across from the laundry room but next to that one...any bad experiences?

or is a better room one that is directly next to the elevators?

thank you!

Last edited:
our room is not directly across from the laundry room but next to that one...any bad experiences?

or is a better room one that is directly next to the elevators?

thank you!
Either location was fine for us. Some people report too much noise near the laundry, but I never noticed it.

Which elevators? Mid-ship? I would choose the one closer to the laundry room.
If it is forward or aft, I'd take the room closer to the elevator.

It depends on you. Personally I can’t stand that strong fabric softener smell and would choose the elevator.

Never stayed near a laundry room, but no issues near the elevators for us.

I think it depends on your fellow passengers. I stayed across from a laundry room once and every morning, a few moms and their toddlers had a party in there at 6 am.

We've had no problems. We've been right across and just down a bit. When you're in the hall near it, it can be noisy if all the machines are running and there's lots of people there but you can't really hear it inside the room.

We stayed right off the midship elevators once and I don't recommend it if you are sensitive to noise/are a light sleeper.

I would not stay near the laundry room, having witnessed near fights between guests when I went to do my laundry. It was also extremely hot in/near the room.

We were near the deck 6 laundry on our first Magic cruise. We did not enjoy that part of the experience. Too much laundry smell and some amount of extra heat in that area of the hallway. We’ve chosen rooms near the mid-ship elevators on the subsequent 18 DCL cruises we’ve completed and for the 3 we have currently booked. Only once have we been bothered by elevator lobby traffic; that was on our first Fantasy cruise when a group of teens or tweens were using the stairway as a sitting area for a gabfest.

It was also extremely hot in/near the room.
I made a note of this especially on our last cruise. It is hot in the hall several cabins away from the laundry room. Just having to be near that much heat is too uncomfortable for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!