Disney Movies A-Z June Exercise Challenge

So many good movies! We love Ratatouille, and I was a big fan of the Witch Mountain and Snowy River movies when I was a kid. I need to find a way to see them again and share them with my daughter.

I'm really enjoying looking into various movies this month--ones I remember fondly and ones I've never heard of. One thing I learned last night is that there's a 2009 remake of Escape to Witch Mountain called Race to Witch Mountain starring Dwayne Johnson (The Rock). Maybe a more modern way to engage your daughter.

Several years ago, DS and I did Witch Mountain as a comparison project. We read the book, and watched both the old and new movies. It was really fun! I think we got the old one from the library and the new one from Netflix?

Congratulations to the team as a whole for arriving at Obtainable Pink, and to Twilight Sparkle for achieving Unswerving Red!

There are plenty of "T" movies that don't start with "The," such as Tangled (2010), Tarzan (1999), Toy Story (1995), Treasure Island (1950), and Tron (1982). A classic film that I may have to look for is Those Calloways (1965), starring Brian Keith and Vera Miles, about a 1920s Vermont family trying to establish a sanctuary for migrating Canada geese.

Congratulations to Shrfleen for being the second team member to surpass goal and turn Zippy WISH Green!

"U" brings us to Up (2009). Also to Unidentified Flying Oddball (1979), an adaptation of Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, and Unstrung Heroes (1995), about a boy who goes to live with his eccentric uncles while his mother is suffering from ovarian cancer.

No color changes today, though galaxygirl76 is *this close* to turning Obtainable Pink.

For "V," I've picked Victory Through Air Power (1943), an animated propaganda film. Based on a 1942 book by Alexander Prokofieff de Seversky, it advocated for more attention to the war in the air. Walt felt that the message of the book was so important that it had to be brought to the screen. After its general release in July 1943, the film was screened privately for Churchill and Roosevelt at the first Quebec conference in August 1943, impressing both of them.

For an interesting discussion of Victory Through Air Power, visit waltdisney.org's blog here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!