Disney MYW package question

HaleyB

I am not a robot
I would love to try the dining plan, which I am pretty sure you can only add on to a package. On the other hand I had planned to buy 10 day MYW tickets and add the no expire option because it is such a great deal... so my question is can a book a package and then while we are there upgrade my ticket to a 10 day ticket??? or can I buy a 3 day package and ask for a 10 day ticket? anyone know?

Is the dining plan really a good deal? Since there are no room discounts right now I figured why not- but what if there were? Would it be worth it to pay the package price (full price) to be able to add dining or is that just silly?

Last question, if you are getting a group rate on a room can you book it as a package and still get the group rate discount, or are group rates room only?

WHen you book a pkg with the dining option you can get any number of ticket days you want. The number of hotel nights and dining plan days must be the same- but not thew ticket days. You could get a one, 2 or 10 day ticket- and you can always upgrade at the park. Furthermore slthough everyone on the pkg has to get the same tick when booking you can each upgrade to different tix once you're there.

Finally if you qualify for the group rate (10 rooms) you can not get the dining plan. You just have to price out which works best. For us at a moderate the difference between the AAA rate and the group rate was 30 per night. Had we gone with a deluxe the group rate would have been such a saving that it would have out weighed any food plan savings. As it was we decided that the meal plan would allow us to gather each night for dinner at nice restaurants and with the least amount of hassle when the bill came.

That is a really good point, about the meal plan and the bill with a large group. I think that may be worth more than any lost savings on the group rate rooms- Thanks for pointing it out.

I can give you my take on the dining plan;

We went this past April on our first trip. We bought a package and added the dining plan. It work out great for us (DW, DS11, DD7 and myself). We made PS each night for a nice sit down meal. We had great meals and EVERYTHING was covered. We found no hidden restrictions and all of the CMs were very helpful whenever we had questions about the plan. Most days the cost of our evening meal covered the daily cost of the plan. Now I will admit that normally we wouldn't be ordering 4 appetizers and deserts each night and would be a little more careful when choosing an entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter