Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Not the type of ride I would expect from this IP but knowing Tokyo this has the potential to be cool.

Not saying it should close to be rethemed but Buzz in the US parks needs a refresh. Or at least the ability to remove the guns from the Florida version.

Tomorrowland in Tokyo is going to be VERY interesting in a few years, between the Space Mountain overhaul and this.

I read someone suggest that the new Space Mountain could get a Buzz theme. They were just conjecturing, but I thought that could be a cool idea.

I like Ralph getting a ride, and I'm not precious about Buzz. However, I don't like the Tomorrowland theming slowly disappearing from the parks. WDW's is bad enough.

If I recall correctly, Space Mountain isn't just an overhaul but being rebuilt from the ground up! I can't wait to get to Tokyo some day.

They are currently completely building a brand new one right behind the old one. You can see it if you Google. TDR Explorer had some pictures recently. This allows them to actually expand Tomorrowland in size, not just attractions.

Unrelated to Ralph in Tokyo, but something just hit me:

I really feel like Bob Iger needs to leave Disney sooner than later before he spreads the notion that "ideas are very dangerous things"!

This is especially in consideration to the animated Disney features that are coming and his agenda of favoring IP (current and overdone IP especially) over original park ideas when Disney's Animal Kingdom needs original ideas the most.

I really feel like Bob Iger needs to leave Disney sooner than later before he spreads the notion that "ideas are very dangerous things"!
I fear you have totally misread Bob. I see nowhere in the plans that indicates he feels that ideas are very dangerous things.

I thought this was a terrific conversation between two Disney legends - Bob Gurr and Tony Baxter. It's an hour conversation. I especially liked their comments on creativity by committee, the obligation to make things better, the need to keep a childlike sense of wonder, as well as the conversation at the end about how they'd update ride systems to accommodate the increase in number of people who need assistance loading so as minimize impact to other riders (obviously not an inexpensive proposition).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter