• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney or Princess Cruise Line?

Melrosgirl

DVC Member - BCV
decisions, decisions!

I'm guessing I already know your answers being this is the DCL board, but I'll ask anyway. :)

Which cruise to take? DCL 7 night next July or a Princess Caribbean cruise 7 night? I've been on both lines and like them both equally. Princess def. had more to do for adults though than DCL. DD liked both kids' programs, but enjoyed Princess's a bit more due to the smaller class sizes. (She can't name one Disney crew member from the kids' club, but she can name all the crew members from the Princess club and that cruise was six months prior to the Disney one.)

Price wise they are comparable. I just can't decide. DH is leaning towards Princess and I'm caught in the middle. I like the smaller size of the Disney ship more than the huge Princess's ships (get lost a lot, lol).

Any suggestions? In other words, are there any other Disney lovers like me who would prefer the Princess 7 day caribbean over the DCL?

I might be one! We are looking into other lines, and have sailed Princess in the past. We loved the Disney Magic, but there is a whole wide world of shps out there. While I can't try them all, nor would I want to(!), all lines offer something special. I'm not wedded to Disney. A lot of the other iteniraries offer unique and different ports of call. You won't go wrong with either one. I love Disney Cruise Line, but honestly, I just love to cruise, and if my children were happy in a different program, I would pick what appealed to me.

Same here!
We loved our cruise on Princess!
We felt that Princess came close to Disney in terms of quality, but no Mouse!
We did not have children on Princess, so I can't speak for the quality of the children's clubs, but it was a great value!
We are big Disney fans, but agree with the previous poster, are not 'wedded" to it
I'd say, if you found a great deal on Princess, go for it.
We are looking at Princess for the spring or early summer for Alaska.

Loretta

thanks for your replies. <sigh>

I like both lines. I will say that Disney has the BEST disembarkation procedure out of all cruiselines I've been on (RCCL, Princess and Disney).

With Disney I was off the boat by 8 a.m. With RCCL and Princess it was 11 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter