Disney package “extras”

amw

need a new tag
I usually don’t purchase packages with Disney anymore (do the room-only route) - but have a bounceback booked for my DD18 and her best friend to celebrate their grad. The trip is in 13 days. We received the yellow tags at the 30-day mark. I know we get magic bands at the resort. Does Disney still mail out their coupon “extras” — the mini golf vouchers, etc.? Or will they be waiting at the resort with the bands? :confused3

How long ago? I got mine when I went in March. They were with my magic bands.
I went last October, last November and this June. Didn't get anything from any of those trips. I was told they no longer give them out. YMMV.

I went last October, last November and this June. Didn't get anything from any of those trips. I was told they no longer give them out. YMMV.
That is strange, I was there in September and March and got them both times. In September we got ones matching our magic bands and in March we got the generic grey ones.

That is strange, I was there in September and March and got them both times. In September we got ones matching our magic bands and in March we got the generic grey ones.

Did you get the “coupons” at check-in too? My DD just wants the free mini put. Luggage tags not as important after the flight. ;)

Did you get the “coupons” at check-in too? My DD just wants the free mini put. Luggage tags not as important after the flight. ;)
In September I got the coupons, in March I got a card that was preloaded with all the deals, including mini putt.

Reactions: amw
Now what's really interesting is, I just checked with my brother and sister who I met up with in November at WDW and they did not get them either. We all had our own rooms so there should have been three sets. That seems to make the idea that they missed just one not a possibility. We also got there at different times so the check in would have been done by a different CM for us. Also, DH just reminded me that we also went in August taking our Son and his daughter. Again, we had separate rooms so you would think that if they did still exist one of us would have received them. Very odd indeed. Maybe I'll post on the Resort board and see what others have found.
@amw, I would really love it if you could report back when you return and let us know how you made out.

I had no ideas extras were included when you booked a package. I thought the luggage tags were only for Americans. Hopefully we get them and any other perks at check in

Just for clarification, when we went in June, the hard luggage tags were in the boxed mailed to our house with the Magic Bands. They were in a side pocket that was easily missable, other than a small note inside indicating where they were located. Also, the straps for the luggage tags were underneath the packaging for the Magic Bands and a gain very easily missable. I am making an assumption that a few people may just grab their Bands out of the box without disassembling it to find the extras, and was discarded in the garbage, esp. since the Bands don not come in the cool "Incredibles" box they once did. The other "extras" like vouchers for mini-golf etc. came in a separate mailing that included our DME info and yellow luggage tags.

You had your magic bands mailed to Canada? I thought that they were not mailed to us!

We did not get any extras last Xmas when we were there.

I always have to pick up bands at desk. I was reading on resort boards that getting luggage tags were a hit or miss, and some are just getting random tags not matching bands. Lots of grey tags. Guess not many order the grey bands.
Anyway, if you get tags they will be with your bands.

You had your magic bands mailed to Canada? I thought that they were not mailed to us!

Me too...I was told we pick them up at the desk upon check in....
That post has been removed, me thinks he was one the wrong thread!! They can't mail the magic bands anywhere other than a US address.

All of the previous comments are correct : IF there are any extras they will be tucked in the box with your Magic Bands at the resort. 1 problem is some CM aren't aware of this fact and they hand you the bands and toss the box. Ask when you check in, worse case scenario is you get zilch.

The last time we got a package the CM at the desk tried to claim that Canadians didn’t get the luggage tags or the coupons. I argued with her for a bit, and left insisting that she keep looking. The tags and coupons magically appeared in our room the next day. They were bundled and labelled with our last name and check in date, so I’m guessing they have them in a separate pile somewhere maybe?

Ask at check-in for your coupon booklet (perhaps now a card?) with mini golf and discount coupons for a few Disney Springs shops. Also ask for your luggage tag along with your magic band. I have never had front desk CMs ever offer or provide me anything without having to ask each time and explain what it is. Most international guests don't know to ask, the CMs apparently aren't trained to offer and US guests receive in the mail. NB if you are staying at a WDW resort that allows you to opt out of housekeeping in exchange for a credit, also ask for this as reports are this isn't offered either. I write out a little list and keep it in my carry on bag so I don't forget items after a tiring day of travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter