Disney Paris - Dr Note Help

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
We just added Disney Paris as part of our summer plans next month. My son has Sensory Processing Disorder and in the US parks there are times when the GAC has been useful. I understand in order to get one in Paris we need a doctor note but I am unclear on what the note needs to say? Is it simply a couple sentences confirming that he has this diagnosis or she need to be more specific in what the disorder entails and what accommodations he may need? I need to call very soon and ask her for the letter but I'm not sure what to ask for. Is there anything else we need? Thanks.

I don't know that Disneyland Paris accommodations are necessarily "equivalent" to the DAS. I'm not sure but believe it's much related to mobility needs such as wheelchairs being allowed to board through the exit. I'm not sure what is offered for guests with other needs. But you are correct that a medical note is required in Paris due to laws in that country.

This is from the Disneyland Paris website about documentation required:
Documents required to apply for an Access Card
Priority Card: for disabled guests (anyone who is officially registered as disabled).
  • French residents: disability card, disabled person’s priority card, difficulty standing card, war disability card, European disabled parking badge.
  • Residents of other countries: disability card, European disabled parking badge, other official documents issued in your country of residence, war disability card, a medical certificate (original copy) in either French or English, issued less than three months previously and signed and stamped by the doctor, certifying that the person has a permanent disability.
Easy Access Card: for guests with a temporary illness and for expectant mothers.
  • Medical certificate (original copy): in either French or English, issued less than three months previously and signed and stamped by the doctor, certifying that the person has a temporary illness (e.g. is wearing a cast, has recently undergone an operation) or is pregnant.
You might get more responses by posting on the Disneyland Paris forum here on DIS.

Enjoy your vacation!

The letter from the doctor has some very specific requirements. These can be found on the Disneyland Paris web site. The Easy Access Card is only good for one caretaker, while the Priority Card is good for 4 people. So I would be sure to have the doctor mention that the disability is permanent. Our doctor did mention the disability and asked for the needed accommodations. Our doctor had the nurse to write it on his letterhead and dated and signed the letter and added the office stamp. I do not know if there is some other stamp in France that doctors have, but the CM did not question it. I copied the following from the Disability Map for the Studios:

PRIORITY CARD WHICH GUESTS? • Disabled guests (anyone who is officially registered as disabled).

WHICH ATTRACTIONS? • All attractions and photo locations in both Disney® Parks. • To make your experience more enjoyable, a reservation system has been introduced to handle high demand for priority access at attractions with limited capacity.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED: FRENCH RESIDENTS: • Disability card • Disabled person’s priority card • Difficulty standing card • War disability card • European disabled parking badge

RESIDENTS OF OTHER COUNTRIES: • Disability card • European disabled parking badge • Other official documents issued in your country of residence • War disability card • A medical certificate: - original copy, - in French or English, - signed and stamped by the doctor, - issued less than 3 months previously and certifying that the person has a permanent disability.

HELPERS: • No more than 4 people. If the cardholder is not going on the attraction, the helper(s) must join the standard queue. Including at least 1 able-bodied adult (aged 18 or over) who is capable of helping you, if you have: • a mobility impairment, • a visual impairment, • a mental health disorder*, • autism or a behavioural disorder*.

* At certain attractions, several guests with this type of disability can be accompanied by just one helper. For safety reasons, some of our attractions can only accept one disabled guest at a time. See the specific details for each attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!