Disney Policy Question

Jack & Monica

Mouseketeer
Question -- does anyone know if Disney has ever canceled a cruise simply because there were not enough people booked? If so what did they do for the people originally scheduled? Thanks! Jack

I've not heard of this happening. We were on the cruise right after 9/11 (it sailed 9/12/01) & even with planes not flying, the cruise was not cancelled. Our cruise did have the 2 dining seatings, but I heard on the sailing after ours, DCL switched to only 1 dinner seating due to cancellations. But even then, it sailed.

i do not think this has ever happened, peter
this is not a problem

Thanks guys! I didn't think that Disney could afford to do that -- no one would book during the off season for fear of the cruise being cancelled. As of today, there are only three families booked from the posters on this Forum for the 11 JAN Magic Cruise. Guess we will have lots of room on the ship! Thanks again! Jack

I didn't get a large response for my look for 3/16 Wonder cruisers either (only 2 responses)! I figure there must be a large pertentage not aware of these boards! I figure I'll "bump" sometime in January to see if I get any others!

Dont feel bad. On our July 4th cruise we only had 5 families from these boards with us(as far as we knew), and while I dont know for sure, I believe our cruise was full.
Dont let the percentage from here fool you. ;)
Have a great time!

The Nov 7 cruise had 9 rooms booked through DU (3 of them our party) and the cruise was about as full as possible (2700+), so response on this board is not necessarily an indicator of how full the ship will be. Even though ot was full, the only time we were in the middle of a crowd was when the shows ended. Disney handles crowds beautifully!

We also cruised last January, and the ship was pleasantly full - I think around 2000 people.

Originally posted by Jack & Monica
As of today, there are only three families booked from the posters on this Forum for the 11 JAN Magic Cruise. Guess we will have lots of room on the ship! Thanks again! Jack [/B]

There are lots of people who do not have a computer or computer access. Also many with computers do not know about message boards or newsgroups. I am sure you will have lots of people on your cruise.

sue

We cruised Disney twice before I ever stumbled upon this board. Don't worry your ship will have lots of folks on it!

We sailed on a Disney cruise with such a low population once that many of the diningroom tables were empty. Personally, I did not like it...I enjoy it a lot more when there are a lot of fellow cruisers to share my excitement. It's not like Disney World, where crowds are a bad thing, since the ships are built to handle a capacity crowd. But I doubt they would cancel a sailing, since a great deal of the profit is made once people are on board the ship and purchasing drinks, souvenirs, etc. That was our Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Magic in January. I wonder how the Western will be this Jan., since we're sailing on the 4th.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

There were only about 4 or 5 families "signed up" for our cruise on 10/20 of this year from this board....however, we had a lot of people on our ship...I can't imagine anytime that either ship would be cancelled because of a small turnout.

There are only three families from these boards on my 12/8/02 cruise, too, so I hope that there are a bunch of new people to meet there!

I know it's a slow time of year (we booked because it's the only time I could get away this year), but I bet the ship will be fairly full anyway!

Beth

Does anyone know if Disney provides a place where you can look up the amount of people booked on a specific cruise date?

as CamColt already mentioned, there were only 5 families on this board on the 4th of july cruise, yet the cruise was fully booked (2,700 pasenegers)...
DCL has a way of filling up the ships if they want to...
all sorts of special discounts as the cruise gets closer...
a month before our cruise sailed, they put out a super discount for florida residents (i was admittedly annoyed at the time since i'd paid top dollar for our stateroom), as a result, our cruise had a very high percentage of foridians on board......
in any case, they managed to toally fill the ship....which is fine....as Barb said, the ship is set up to handle lots of people....and even with lots of people on board, if you're like me and prefer no crowds and more quiet intimate experiences, there's plenty of opportunity for that as well.....

according to the Dreams web site, there r 15 reservations booked on the wonder trip we r on and i only see 5 listed on the
unofficail cruise list... but actually know 2 couple who r not listed on the list because they do not use this board...
peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter