Disney Quick Service Dining Plan and the Corn Allergic Child

Famof3

Earning My Ears
Hello
We are traveling to WDW in September. In the past we have used the dining plan (1 quick serve and 1 sit down) to help with meals... (we stay in a DVC property with a kitchen but getting back to the room to make full meals is tricky and never seems to work out). Last time we went, it was very very hard to find any safe foods for my corn allergic child.. He ate allergy nuggets and grapes nearly every day at the sit down restaurants.. even with pre planning through their reservation app, speaking to the chef etc.
This trip I had resigned myself to making all meals in room.. but my husband asked if we could try the 2 quick service options.. I would bring his safe bread and rolls, safe snacks and treats and we would bring these items to the parks.. He could then order a burger without a bun..and I'd have condiments that I'd bring that he could have..
My questions are.. Are the Corn Free options any better than 4 years ago?
( He cannot have Corn, Corn Syrup, Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Fructose, Glucose, Carmel Color, White Vinegar and a few other corn containing items) It is very hard to find things at home that fit the bill.. I am really worried about the trip..
Are the burger patties.. just beef?

Thanks for any input...

Hamburgers are just beef.

Not sure how he was eating grapes if he can't have fructose, though. Not all of the allergy nuggets are corn-free, either.

He has become more sensitive since we went last.. I've no idea if their allergy nuggets would even be an option now that we have to avoid dextrose and maltodextrin :(.

Not quick service but had great success eating at Trails End with my Corn free daughter. It was a nice break for a full day, we went for a 4 pm dinner on our MK day. Brunch is also until 2 pm on Sat and Sun which is our plan for next trip.

QS places all have ingredient books.

Watch out for corn syrup solids in the cheap Edies ice cream that's everywhere. Thankfully that's out of dole whip but that might have the "dext" products. Can't recall.

Just feeling your challenges. My now 30 yr old DS was born with anaphylactic food allergies to all milk and egg products, as well as peanut, tree nut, and non deadly but painful oral allergy syndrome to most fresh veggies and fruits.

This meant anything with whey, sodium caseinate --milk shows up everywhere.

We spent a fortune on Disney vacations because he could eat safely there. We had a lot of luck with chefs willing to prepare plain chicken greats and baked potatoes. We also had near disasters at the French restaurant at Epcot and Ohana.

May your trip be filled with joy and happy eating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter