Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ!

Mouseketeer
I have someone that is a CM, I swear not a bus driver, but someone that knows things, that is a friend. He told me that Disney is now going to begin to charge an overnight parking fee at all the resorts at WDW. I was told that it would be like $34 per night at the deluxe resorts. When pressed for an answer as to why Disney was going to start doing this, Disney said that everyone else does it.

This info is supposed to hit tomorrow. Be ye' fore warned.

I have someone that is a CM, I swear not a bus driver, but someone that knows things, that is a friend. He told me that Disney is now going to begin to charge an overnight parking fee at all the resorts at WDW. I was told that it would be like $34 per night at the deluxe resorts. When pressed for an answer as to why Disney was going to start doing this, Disney said that everyone else does it.

Disney themselves said "everyone else does it"?

That was my claim! :rotfl:

This won't impact us at all, but I hope that it's at least implemented for future bookings, not current ones.

Any mention of a parking fee at moderate or value resorts?

It's been around for so long that it has to be true sometime, but I don't set anything in stone with Disney until they announce it officially.

We are paying for the resort. Why are they punishing me for driving my car to Disney World?? We drive because I have a lot of necessary handicapped equipment. Now I have to pay to park my car!!??

Magic Express gives a free ride and luggage delivery, but I have to pay because I drove??

Do I have to pay extra for a handicapped parking space????

Disney themselves said "everyone else does it"?

Pretty much what they said when they limited the alcohol that could be taken on Disney cruises.

This won't impact us at all, but I hope that it's at least implemented for future bookings, not current ones.

Doubt it. When they dropped free valet parking for DVC members they did it literally overnight during peoples' stays.

And what they don't seem to comprehend is that people LIKE that fees like that are hidden. People use those "extra" (or "obviously charged") fees as *negatives* for going over to Universal, or staying at the swolphin, etc. They liked that Disney cruises let you bring your booze on; it was a *selling point*. When they do this, it diminishes the specialness of Disney in their eyes.

Obviously they don't care what we THINK of them as long as we (or someone new if "we" leave) keep paying them. But they should.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but isn’t parking at the Parks included when you’re a Disney resort guest?

So if they are going to charge you to park at your resort, will they continue to include parking at the theme parks?
Maybe it'll be a length of stay fee for any and all parking. That should keep the interlopers out of the resort parking lots.

I wouldn't be surprised, they've charged for parking at the disneyland hotels for years. I hate it when hotels have all these extra fees. It makes them just seem greedy. I especially hate it when hotels charge for Wi-Fi. I can get free WiFi at most fast food places, yet I can't get it free when I spend hundreds of dollars at some hotels I stay at.

One of the reasons why I haven't stayed at the Swolphin is the resort fees. The resort often looks cheaper than the Epcot resorts, but when you factor in the resort fee, it's often on par. Plus you don't get DME.
But now, if Disney is going to charge another $34/night for parking and not drop their rates, Swolphin looks much more appealing, and probably would work out to being cheaper.
Although I'm not sure about the $34... Valet parking, I believe, is only $25. So non valet parking will be cheaper? That seems rather odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts