Disney should be taken over by the Disney family

Kenan

Earning My Ears
Here are my two cents about how the disney company has been acting within the past few years. its animation and theme parks division have been slumping. new animation movies are not what they used to be and new top of the line rides at the theme parks are no where to be seen (except for Mission:Space) if a disney family member was running the company, maybe the Walt era will come back. just like the ford company now has a ford in the top seat, disney should do the same to bring back the values of the disney company and Walt himself. now, with the recent budget cuts all over the company, the price of the company is really going down. there has got to be someone in the company that can help out. disney is such a great company. i love it to death. i just want everything good for it.

I don't know about that. Walter Knott had a vision and created Knott's Berry Farm. Then he died and the kids didn't really have "what it took" to run a theme park. They were greedy and not too bright. I know that the Knott family sold the park to Cedar Faire because none of the grandkids showed much interest (or brains) in running the company. They just wanted to race their cars and jet set. I don't know much about the Disney family, but there's no guarantee that they would care anymore than the "suits" that run the company now, do.

Roy :-)

If anyone does want to run the company, and is in the "suits" and part of the disney family, and who also can carry out the principles and values of the walt disney company is none other than Roy Disney himself. i really think that he can do a great job in bringing back the aspects of the company.

No offense to Roy, but he and his group didn't do to good of a job when they ran Disney in the 70's and 80's. They brought in Eisner and company to FIX things!

Roy :-)

Hate to break it to you, but there is a Disney that is high up in the company. You mention that Animation hasn't been up to Disney standards, but Roy E. Disney (Walt's Nephew) is the head of the Animation division. Roy also is very much the man resposible for bringing Eisner in, and is still a very strong voice in the company. In fact, his title is Vice-Chairman. The only other possible Disney to come in would be Diane Disney Miller (Walt's Daughter), and she showed no strength or leadership in the past, letting her husband Ron nearly run the company into the ground in the 70's.

Just because somebody has the disney name or is born/married into the family doesnt mean they will be competent to run the company. Its alot different company when it was run by Walt and is involved in alot more. If somebody from the family show's he has the creative side like Walt has it would be good, but just to appoint somebody from the family wouldnt make it right or a good thing.

i agree that a disney should always be involved - but i think that the younger generation should be there - i thought i saw something about walt's grandchild or grandchild's spouse being involved - anyone know anything about this - roy may be good - he did bring animation back - but the company needs more than just him -

Walt essentially handed the company to his son in law (Ron Miller). (well Roy was in charge first, but Ron Was Walt's Choosen)

Ron Miller and Card Walker had many Theme Park successes. BUT, I would suggest most of them were planned by Walt and Roy. EPCOT is their greatest achievment. Still Ron and Card were the ones that put Disney in the position of Hiring Eisner and Wells.

Roy E. Actually seems to have some sense when it comes to the likes of Animation. (I can't imagine he's too happy with the current Animation Department situation he is I think Vice Chairman Of the board and still exerts some influence. He was the one that brought in Mike and Frank. BUT, Roy E. has never been a fan of the Theme Parks. He vocally chastised Uncle Walt for building them and thus I think doesn't always put the interests of the parks in front.

So, to make it short. I Would like someone named Disney to be on the board and have some influence like Roy E. Does, but I don't know that there is anyone with the skills to run the company. Walt Disney jr. is an independent film maker. Not a Studio Mogul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter