Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

How early do they start running the Skyliner before park opening? I’ve heard DHS has been the packed park since it reopened. I want to make sure we get there early enough.
We stayed at Art of Animation in March, they started running the skyliner at 0730 AM, so if you have breakfast reservations early or close to that, you may want to take the breakfast bus. - We ended up taking the bus to Hollywood Studios because we didn't think that would have been enough time to get inside the park for a *Rise* boarding pass just to be safe.

We stayed at Art of Animation in March, they started running the skyliner at 0730 AM, so if you have breakfast reservations early or close to that, you may want to take the breakfast bus. - We ended up taking the bus to Hollywood Studios because we didn't think that would have been enough time to get inside the park for a *Rise* boarding pass just to be safe.
But that was pre-COVID. Everything is different now.

We used Skyliner twice last week, they started at the Epcot IG Station at 9:05 and 9:07 on those two days with posted start times of 9:00

Are guests being allowed to take masks off in the gondolas?

I watched a vlog where a vlogger was casually taking off his mask every time the the car left the station and I was really spooked. Even if you’re the only one in the car, if they’re not cleaning the cars between parties can’t droplets still live on the surfaces?

I watched a vlog where a vlogger was casually taking off his mask every time the the car left the station and I was really spooked. Even if you’re the only one in the car, if they’re not cleaning the cars between parties can’t droplets still live on the surfaces?
You’re not supposed to but there isn’t anyone to stop them inside the cabin. Studies have shown that the virus isn’t as bad on surfaces as in the air but still people should follow the rules and it is still a concern.

We are just finishing 3 days at Riviera. As mentioned up thread, the posted start time is 9:00 with an actual first aboard about 9:05. We sat down at 9:08 and were in the Starbucks line In DHS at 9:33. The transfer at Caribbean Beach is handled well and moves right along. Also, surprisingly the bag and temperature checks move quickly and the no touch park entry keeps those backups far less common.

A Skyliner operational item I hadn’t seen in the past: other than the morning rush the accessible turnarounds were not in use - soft barricaded and unstaffed. It was not unusual to slow to “creep” once in a while during a transit. I asked a CM if when not using the turnarounds they could accommodate scooters on the main platform and he said they could. I did not actually observe that however.

When we were boarding the Skyliner, a CM reminded us that masks are required to stay on while on the gondola, every time we boarded.

When we were boarding the Skyliner, a CM reminded us that masks are required to stay on while on the gondola, every time we boarded.
We rode 2x to Epcot and 2x to DHS from Riviera over the last few days and did not have any such reminders. Not that I question the intent that they be worn onboard.

How can they possibly enforce that, though? There are no cameras in the cars and once you leave the station, they can't do a thing about it if you take your mask off.

How late does the skyliner run after the parks close? Would we be able to get back to Pop from the boardwalk at 9 or 10p if Epcot is closing at 7p?

How late does the skyliner run after the parks close? Would we be able to get back to Pop from the boardwalk at 9 or 10p if Epcot is closing at 7p?
Currently the DHS line closes at 9:30 and the Epcot line closes at 10:30 but we don't know what will happen when the parks close earlier. Personally I'm anticipating them shortening the Skyliner hours also but that is only my guess.

We quite likely won't know for sure until the first day of the shortened hours at the parks.

I have to tell you, I watched youtube videos yesterday of the skyliner - all runs, day and night.

I'm dying to ride this!!!!!!!!! I wish it was at other resorts, the only one we would want to stay at is Riviera and that's too expensive.

But it looks wonderful. I love the chime sound before the "voice" starts speaking! :D

I have to tell you, I watched youtube videos yesterday of the skyliner - all runs, day and night.

I'm dying to ride this!!!!!!!!! I wish it was at other resorts, the only one we would want to stay at is Riviera and that's too expensive.

But it looks wonderful. I love the chime sound before the "voice" starts speaking! :D

It's so fun - I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!