Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I looked it up immediately after I read your post...definitely wasn’t as bad as I imagined!

Not to be a pest but did you see the video about the out of control ski lift in Georgia that came out in the last week or so? I'm really unclear about how that happened. Something catastrophic must have happened to cause that. I won't post it here for fear of causing people to have nightmares but it's out there if you want to look for it.

Not to be a pest but did you see the video about the out of control ski lift in Georgia that came out in the last week or so? I'm really unclear about how that happened. Something catastrophic must have happened to cause that. I won't post it here for fear of causing people to have nightmares but it's out there if you want to look for it.

Russian bots. But yea weird, scary.

Thank you! My family and I always stay at a villa in Clermont, and while it may seem petty, I would love to ride these on our next trip (planning for 2021 at the moment).
I totally understand the thought of wanting to 'ride' these but I hope it doesn't become an issue for those depending on those to actually get from their resort to a park to have much longer waits. Not saying I'd be above doing that myself, I won't know until it is here. I imagine the only real problem is someone who just wants to ride back and forth without getting off claiming 'they forgot something'.

I totally understand the thought of wanting to 'ride' these but I hope it doesn't become an issue for those depending on those to actually get from their resort to a park to have much longer waits. Not saying I'd be above doing that myself, I won't know until it is here. I imagine the only real problem is someone who just wants to ride back and forth without getting off claiming 'they forgot something'.

??? Nothing compared to the people parking at DS and using the SSR buses to the parks... and at the capacity these will have, no way non resort travelers would have an impact.

Eh, do you really think it will change that much though? I mean the deluxe resorts almost all already have better location/ park access than the moderates and values. I can see the gondola increasing the price at AoA, Pop, and CBR of course, it is another amenity that the other resorts in their class won't have, but I'm not real sure how moving away from a deluxe/moderate/value pricing model in favor of location/access model would really change anything.

I get getting rid of the labels but you're still going to have the ritzier resorts with more and nicer amenities being closer to the parks (except for AKL, WL, and even Riviera really depending on what finishes they go with). I imagine it will just be some sort of pricing spectrum like most hotels are. You have All Stars at the bottom with GF and Poly at the top with everything else sort of falling in between which is what they have now, the broad categories are just labeled.

I think moving away from the “value, mod, deluxe” labels does too things for them

First, further differentiates Pop and AoA from the All Stars - so I suspect Pop and AoA rooms will soon start at $200/night

Second, let’s them avoid the whole “DVC at a moderate” issue with the Riviera

Prices are out in the UK for all Disney resorts Upto end of 2019

CBR doesn’t really seem to have got up much or at all

Did we not expect the gondolas to make prices higher ?

Yeah, that isn't really possible in the scenario in florida. You need a lift that goes up hill, and have the weight on all on side(all the passengers), then you need a couple of failures that would be unlikely due to inspections standards in the US. The general lack of elevation change on the Disney project, makes it nearly impossible for something like that to happen.

Prices are out in the UK for all Disney resorts Upto end of 2019

CBR doesn’t really seem to have got up much or at all

Did we not expect the gondolas to make prices higher ?

Well, I would think that yes we will see a bump in CBR pricing versus the other moderates. AoA is already priced higher than the other values so I am not sure that will happen, and Pop it still could happen. I really don't expect a HUGE bump in price, but to me $10 increase could occur. They just may not have wanted to do it yet until the Gondola is actually in place.

Well, I would think that yes we will see a bump in CBR pricing versus the other moderates. AoA is already priced higher than the other values so I am not sure that will happen, and Pop it still could happen. I really don't expect a HUGE bump in price, but to me $10 increase could occur. They just may not have wanted to do it yet until the Gondola is actually in place.

Yeah that’s true. Now is the time to book then lol

Yeah, that isn't really possible in the scenario in florida. You need a lift that goes up hill, and have the weight on all on side(all the passengers), then you need a couple of failures that would be unlikely due to inspections standards in the US. The general lack of elevation change on the Disney project, makes it nearly impossible for something like that to happen.

Dude be cool. It's part of my long term plan to reduce confidence in the gondola system so that demand and therefore price is reduced at Riviera so we can buy more points there. Help me out here.

I’ll add another positive on safety. While bigger then the gondolas in wdw here in George At stone maintain they have a big gondaka that goes up
To the top of the mountain. Has run for decades and no accidents on it even if it can seem scary.

I’ll add another positive on safety. While bigger then the gondolas in wdw here in George At stone maintain they have a big gondaka that goes up
To the top of the mountain. Has run for decades and no accidents on it even if it can seem scary.

Stone Mountain is a cable car, not a gondola system like WDW is building. Some principles are the same, suspended car running on a wire, it's really a different system. Same with the cable car in Gatlinburg.

??? Nothing compared to the people parking at DS and using the SSR buses to the parks... and at the capacity these will have, no way non resort travelers would have an impact.
Or parking at the All Stars and taking the bus to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter