Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

Does that happen too? Never heard that one. Mostly the Epcot resorts and the MK ones, and SSR obviously.
yes all the time, they do not really care how long you park there you just have to show ID when you go in WHen I go there and coming back at night half the bus is talking about whos care they are going back to the hotel in. Took me a while to realize that they were off-site and just parking there for the day.

yes all the time, they do not really care how long you park there you just have to show ID when you go in WHen I go there and coming back at night half the bus is talking about whos care they are going back to the hotel in. Took me a while to realize that they were off-site and just parking there for the day.

This sort of amazes me because I thought they cracked down on this years ago. Is it only at the Deluxes they did this? Not for nothing, we did this back in the 90s (parked at Boardwalk to go to Epcot) but I heard it was no longer aloud. Seems odd they are going to force guests to pay to park but allow off-site folks to park all day for nothing. I wonder if the pay-to-park is part of this crackdown.

This sort of amazes me because I thought they cracked down on this years ago. Is it only at the Deluxes they did this? Not for nothing, we did this back in the 90s (parked at Boardwalk to go to Epcot) but I heard it was no longer aloud. Seems odd they are going to force guests to pay to park but allow off-site folks to park all day for nothing. I wonder if the pay-to-park is part of this crackdown.

It doesn't stop it so I'd say no it isn't part of a crackdown.

If anything it will free up more parking spaces at the resorts for the day only people to come and use.

No, they do not care at the all-stars/ POP at all you just have to show ID and go park. I wish they would charge people if they stay longer then 2 or 3 hours ( like you pay when you go in you get a receipt and if you are gone within your 2 or 3 limits you can get your money back on the way out) but Disney will not do this they will make us pay that stay there the day guest will take up room on the bus making it a longer wait at the end of the day and they will park for free.

No, they do not care at the all-stars/ POP at all you just have to show ID and go park. I wish they would charge people if they stay longer then 2 or 3 hours ( like you pay when you go in you get a receipt and if you are gone within your 2 or 3 limits you can get your money back on the way out) but Disney will not do this they will make us pay that stay there the day guest will take up room on the bus making it a longer wait at the end of the day and they will park for free.

So this wouldn't be like local AP holders correct? Since its no charge at the parks themselves?

Would it be off site stays that have like a 5 day hopper or something to avoid the park parking fee?

So this wouldn't be like local AP holders correct? Since its no charge at the parks themselves?

Would it be off-site stays that have like a 5-day hopper or something to avoid the park parking fee?
AP get free parking at the park people that get like pass ( like a 5-day pass) and stay off-site at another hotel have to pay for parking at the park but not at the hotels ( and the all-stars/ POP ) does not care how long you park your car.

AP get free parking at the park people that get like pass ( like a 5-day pass) and stay off-site at another hotel have to pay for parking at the park but not at the hotels ( and the all-stars/ POP ) does not care how long you park your car.

Yea that's what I was wondering. AP wouldn't make much sense, must be the offsighters.

Wonder if at a minimum allow those with AP park at the resorts, they obviously could park for free at a park anyway.

Wonder if at a minimum allow those with AP park at the resorts, they obviously could park for free at a park anyway.

But the difference is paying to be at the resort.... I can't believe there will be no charge for non resort guests... I'd be really ..upset.. if I pulled in to my resort and couldn't find parking because of day guests. Everyone knows the majority are working the system. Please plug the loophole....

Would it be off site stays that have like a 5 day hopper or something to avoid the park parking fee?
Of course it includes local AP holders. It's so much easier to park close rather than fight with the crowds heading to the TTC after a long day in the MK.

Cost isn't the only factor. Convenience is also a huge motivator.

Cost isn't the only factor. Convenience is also a huge motivator.
I think it is less then you think. You have to wait for the bus for 20 minutes and then when you coming back those busses are always an hour plus wait at the end of the night not too sure how much more convenient it is to park at the resorts for local AP holders. I know the Tim tracker parks at Dsieny springs and take the bus to the resorts when he does his resort tours but I think this is more because he like Disney springs and does some updated video there too. And I do remember another local vlogger parking at the resorts and taking the bus to one of the theme parks and saying how much of a bad idea it was. But I am sure there are a few local that park at the resorts for a number of reasons.

I totally understand the thought of wanting to 'ride' these but I hope it doesn't become an issue for those depending on those to actually get from their resort to a park to have much longer waits. Not saying I'd be above doing that myself, I won't know until it is here. I imagine the only real problem is someone who just wants to ride back and forth without getting off claiming 'they forgot something'.

I understand completely. This wouldn't be something we'd be doing every time. I'd simply like to experience just once. But I'm going to wait for an hour and hold up lines. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, I'm not doing to cry over it. But it'll be almost 3 years before our next trip so I hope the bugs will be worked out by then.

Of course it includes local AP holders. It's so much easier to park close rather than fight with the crowds heading to the TTC after a long day in the MK.

I guess I could see MK, but not the rest at least IMO. Except right after HEA I could be to my car at TTC before my car at Allstars waiting and taking a bus.

I think its far more off sight guests or non AP holders.

I think it is less then you think. You have to wait for the bus for 20 minutes and then when you coming back those busses are always an hour plus wait at the end of the night not too sure how much more convenient it is to park at the resorts for local AP holders. I know the Tim tracker parks at Dsieny springs and take the bus to the resorts when he does his resort tours but I think this is more because he like Disney springs and does some updated video there too. And I do remember another local vlogger parking at the resorts and taking the bus to one of the theme parks and saying how much of a bad idea it was. But I am sure there are a few local that park at the resorts for a number of reasons.
I'm not talking about parking at resorts that require a bus ride. I'm talking about the ones in the MK and Epcot areas that are close enough to walk to the parks.

And I'm sure they'll be doing the same at the gondola resorts.

I totally understand the thought of wanting to 'ride' these but I hope it doesn't become an issue for those depending on those to actually get from their resort to a park to have much longer waits. Not saying I'd be above doing that myself, I won't know until it is here. I imagine the only real problem is someone who just wants to ride back and forth without getting off claiming 'they forgot something'.

Unless these are limited to just the resorts on the cable line, you can be sure there will be lots riding them that are not staying there.

When traveling between Epcot and DHS, we walk because the boats are not a positive experience .... add that gondola with a view and something new .... LOTS will use it to go between the two parks.

How many talk about going to ride the monorail just for fun, we took our kids to ride when they were small on a "down day" and they loved it. It is literally an attraction that has been placed outside of a park that folks can ride for free. People can literally go park at a resort, grab an ice cream treat and go do a round trip on the gondola for next to nothing. No parking fee, no requirement to eat and get a long attraction ride without a ticket.

Unless you need a AoA POP CBR Riveria MB to enter the Gondola queue, which is doesn't sound like, you can be sure this will be a popular destination for all Disney guests on or off property. Next thing they'll need is a FP+ line.

But the difference is paying to be at the resort.... I can't believe there will be no charge for non resort guests... I'd be really ..upset.. if I pulled in to my resort and couldn't find parking because of day guests. Everyone knows the majority are working the system. Please plug the loophole....

I can see that. It's easy enough for an AP holder to park at EPCOT or DHS for free and walk or boat over to the BW I guess.

I'd be inclined, if I wanted to avoid parking fees, to take the bus from DS to Contemporary and walk to MK. Same for Epcot and DHS, go to BC/YC or BW. AK would be the one that really wouldn't be worth it.

With the gondola at the resorts, I could see folks parking and using and avoiding busses altogether for Epcot and DHS, or parking at DS and taking the resort bus to CBR or Pop or AoA. Some people will go out of their way to avoid paying for parking. How many that is will probably be hard to tell, except for overly full lots.

Unless these are limited to just the resorts on the cable line, you can be sure there will be lots riding them that are not staying there.

When traveling between Epcot and DHS, we walk because the boats are not a positive experience .... add that gondola with a view and something new .... LOTS will use it to go between the two parks.

How many talk about going to ride the monorail just for fun, we took our kids to ride when they were small on a "down day" and they loved it. It is literally an attraction that has been placed outside of a park that folks can ride for free. People can literally go park at a resort, grab an ice cream treat and go do a round trip on the gondola for next to nothing. No parking fee, no requirement to eat and get a long attraction ride without a ticket.

Unless you need a AoA POP CBR Riveria MB to enter the Gondola queue, which is doesn't sound like, you can be sure this will be a popular destination for all Disney guests on or off property. Next thing they'll need is a FP+ line.

My husband loves the monorail, so we have rode it just for fun. One morning we had to drop off our rental car at the car care center and we could take a shuttle to MK or Epcot. We were planning to spend the day at MK. Well, we took the shuttle to Epcot to specifically ride the monorail to MK. He was like a little kid, all excited. He had to sit by the window. It was funny, but sweet.
I'm guessing there will be folks who will do something similar with the gondola.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter