Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

They are moving along efficiently with the Skyliner construction. It's probably too much to hope for that the gondolas might have soft openings by July 16th when we arrive at CBR. It will be such a shame as I look at that giant Skyliner hub in CBR while I'm getting on a bus!

They are moving along efficiently with the Skyliner construction. It's probably too much to hope for that the gondolas might have soft openings by July 16th when we arrive at CBR. It will be such a shame as I look at that giant Skyliner hub in CBR while I'm getting on a bus!
Well depending on where you are at CBR you might not see the skyline at all. So if it is not up and running then you might be able to avoid it. But I get what your saying watching it at pop was fun but sad since I could not ride. Hoping your get to ride it.

One question I haven’t seen an answer to one way or another. Will you have to get off to transfer lines? For example when coming from POP/AOA will you have to get off at CBR to catch the HS or Epcot lines?

One question I haven’t seen an answer to one way or another. Will you have to get off to transfer lines? For example when coming from POP/AOA will you have to get off at CBR to catch the HS or Epcot lines?

CBR is the only change station.

I have a follow-up. I’ve been assuming that everyone has to get off at CBR (there is no through-line). Am I right about this?

If this was going to open pre-Galaxy’s Edge, would we have already heard about it?
I wouldn't expect any advance notice. One day, it will just be carrying passengers. That way, if there are any problems, they can just shut it down for a while with no need for an explanation.

It's not uncommon for an opening ceremony, if any is planned, to be held after something has been operating for a while.

I wouldn't expect any advance notice. One day, it will just be carrying passengers. That way, if there are any problems, they can just shut it down for a while with no need for an explanation.

It's not uncommon for an opening ceremony, if any is planned, to be held after something has been operating for a while.

Fully agree - and they may delay that "opening ceremoney" into the fall (which is the timeframe they have given for the opening of it) - but yeah, I think they will just open it one day

Now, I would expect to see some reports from bloggers, etc before there of seeing cast members riding and stuff though so I am sure for those that follow such things there will be some notice that it may open soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts