Disney Spring to Saratoga Springs Question

Katherine5544

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew the current procedure at Disney Springs. We will be staying at the Wyndham and wanted to walk through DS - possibly over to Saratoga Springs - before DS is open on our arrival day because we don't have park tickets. Prior to Covid, we used to do the Disney Springs walk to Saratoga Springs regularly.

Does anyone know if this walk is even still open? Would we be able to get into Disney Springs before the posted opening? I am wondering if it is completely closed until temperature checks. Our arrival day is a Saturday.

Thanks ahead of time!

We stayed at Saratoga 2 weeks ago. We walked to Disney springs around 9:30 and they let us in as soon as we got there. DS stores didn’t open until 10 which was fine because we got to line up early to enter World of Disney for their 10am opening. There was a big line right at opening to get in world of Disney (we went on a Saturday) so I’d say go there first if you are interested in visiting and arriving prior to official opening

I believe temperature checks would open early as well since there are some dining options for breakfast. All entrances are blocked off and re-routed to the closest temperature check areas with gates, so I don't think there would be a way to even enter before temp checks were open. I'm not sure whether the walking path from SSR has their own temp checks, or if the path is routed down along the back of the buildings over to the temp check area near Earl of Sandwich. We were dropped off by Uber which is the old bus loop by Marketplace, and we had to walk the sidewalk along the back of the buildings over to this temp check tent.

Thanks both. That is very helpful information. It seems like we most likely will be able to walk through DS prior to that 10:00 am opening. I think we will try around 8:30ish and see if we can get in. If not, no worries.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew the current procedure at Disney Springs. We will be staying at the Wyndham and wanted to walk through DS - possibly over to Saratoga Springs - before DS is open on our arrival day because we don't have park tickets. Prior to Covid, we used to do the Disney Springs walk to Saratoga Springs regularly.

Does anyone know if this walk is even still open? Would we be able to get into Disney Springs before the posted opening? I am wondering if it is completely closed until temperature checks. Our arrival day is a Saturday.

Thanks ahead of time!

Someone posted recently that at least one of the Starbucks in DS is open well before 10 a.m. (I'm thinking 8:30?), so there have to be temp checks for that. I usually arrive in the parking garage between 9:30-9:45 and the temp check stations are open, so the ones for pedestrians should be too.

Hey guys! I just wanted to come back and say we tried to go through Disney Springs at 9:00 one day and 9:15 another. Both days temp checks were open and we could walk through. One thing we noted, if you wanted to just walk to Saratoga Springs - you can go around the temp checks and just walk the perimeter to the pathway. We ended up just enjoying Disney Springs before the crowds got there, but for someone that is looking for an early morning running path or something, you totally don't have to actually go into Disney Springs.

How long (distance or time-wise) is the walk from SSR to DS? My top speed is stroll, especially on vacation!

How long (distance or time-wise) is the walk from SSR to DS? My top speed is stroll, especially on vacation!
Depends on where your room is. If you are in carousel, it is quite a hike. We typically stay in the Paddock, and it’s a decent walk, but not bad. The kids love hunting for frogs on the walk. If you stay at Congress Park, it’s super convenient.

Depends on where your room is. If you are in carousel, it is quite a hike. We typically stay in the Paddock, and it’s a decent walk, but not bad. The kids love hunting for frogs on the walk. If you stay at Congress Park, it’s super convenient.
If we are in the hinterlands at SSR, is there a bus to/from Disney Springs? I think Congress Park is preferred, and we are standard (if the points come through, fingers crossed!) so I'm thinking maybe the buildings in Paddock that are closest to Congress Park might be an option.

If we are in the hinterlands at SSR, is there a bus to/from Disney Springs? I think Congress Park is preferred, and we are standard (if the points come through, fingers crossed!) so I'm thinking maybe the buildings in Paddock that are closest to Congress Park might be an option.
Yes, there is a bus, just like from any other Disney resort. Even when the boats used to run from OKW, SSR, and Port Orleans to DS, they also had buses that ran there too.

Yes, there is a bus, just like from any other Disney resort. Even when the boats used to run from OKW, SSR, and Port Orleans to DS, they also had buses that ran there too.
Excellent! I know that the Boardwalk resorts don't run buses to Epcot because of proximity so figured I'd check on SSR-DS. Thanks for the quick reply!
Sure do wish the boats were running... LOVE the boats!

Excellent! I know that the Boardwalk resorts don't run buses to Epcot because of proximity so figured I'd check on SSR-DS. Thanks for the quick reply!
Sure do wish the boats were running... LOVE the boats!
Boats probably won't run between OKW/PO/SSR and DS until they develop a checkpoint for temps and security at the boat dock.

I’m sta
Hey guys! I just wanted to come back and say we tried to go through Disney Springs at 9:00 one day and 9:15 another. Both days temp checks were open and we could walk through. One thing we noted, if you wanted to just walk to Saratoga Springs - you can go around the temp checks and just walk the perimeter to the pathway. We ended up just enjoying Disney Springs before the crowds got there, but for someone that is looking for an early morning running path or something, you totally don't have to actually go into Disney Springs.
I’m staying at Saratoga in a preferred room in March. I requested Congress Park so we could easily walk to Disney Springs. Did they take temps at that entry? I was hoping to walk to Joffreys some mornings for breakfast and started thinking about temperature checks and the logistics of doing so durning this time.

I’m staying at Saratoga in a preferred room in March. I requested Congress Park so we could easily walk to Disney Springs. Did they take temps at that entry? I was hoping to walk to Joffreys some mornings for breakfast and started thinking about temperature checks and the logistics of doing so durning this time.
They do take temps there, but I wouldn't let that deter you. Its not even a 5 second stop, and I doubt there will be much of a line in the morning.

They do take temps there, but I wouldn't let that deter you. Its not even a 5 second stop, and I doubt there will be much of a line in the morning.
The only thing that would hold you up is if you don't have an approved mask, and they aren't giving them out for free. They have a vending machine at Disney prices, $2. I have watched many folks get sent to the machine. ;-)

The only thing that would hold you up is if you don't have an approved mask, and they aren't giving them out for free. They have a vending machine at Disney prices, $2. I have watched many folks get sent to the machine. ;-)
OP is staying at SSR which has the same mask requirements, so I would imagine they'd have an approved mask or be informed of the mask requirement prior to getting to Disney Springs. But, still good information to know they have them for sale for anyone else who may need it.

OP is staying at SSR which has the same mask requirements, so I would imagine they'd have an approved mask or be informed of the mask requirement prior to getting to Disney Springs. But, still good information to know they have them for sale for anyone else who may need it.
You bet.

I have stayed at SSR 3x in the past year, including in the past month, I can tell you that not once did we ever encounter a human being at check in or check out any of those times. People still show up with neck gaiters at DS, surprisingly. They will also tell you that the west end access is open, but there will be signs telling you it's not open, and people are walking thru the golf course anyway... the gate by Cirque is indeed open.

Both walking form SSR or Hotel Plaza hotels use the same entry point temp check by the Once Upon A Toy store. It was always fast and easy to get through as the mostly the only people who enter are from those two locations or Uber drop-offs. Also staying at SSR I recommend walking to DS (especially at night) because the bus service seemed very sporadic. One hint is to drive and park your car in Congress Park to the far east side of the lot which makes the walk over much shorter (we did staying in the Paddock). At night you may see the sign that pathway is closed but its only one path and because there is no lights. So either use a flashlight from your phone or walk between the Congress Park buildings that are lighted and then follow the path by the lake which is a slightly longer walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter