Disney Springs discussion on today's Dis Unplugged

Yes, I would be curious to hear about the residential portion, just for curiosity sake. The shopping/dining might interest me more from a possible future personal standpoint. :)

Me too. Although "semi-retired", my heart lies with WDW and satisfying my service/passion. I have looked to this area many times in our monthly trek to WDW, but the cost of living is exponentially increasing in this region (signs indicate homes starting in the mid-$400K range and with a lot of whiteout).

Last edited:
Or purchase merch. I will keep us posted as PR vary greatly as to magnitude/reality when it comes to actual brick-n-mortar progress. I will make it a point to go behind the JL/Marriott owned properties in a few weeks and, maybe, post a few pictures.
Awesome, @hertamaniac , looking forward to it, thanx! :)

I realise that the conversation has moved on, but for me the most exciting things at Disney Springs are the hot air balloon and the amphicars. We get 2x $100 gift cards as part of our package, which have to be collected at Disney Springs. I anticipate that, over our 4 weeks at WDW, we will be there for about 2 hours in total, to collect our gift cards and go on the hot air balloon.

The shops don’t interest me in the least - anything I would want to buy is likely already available in the parks. Otherwise it’s just a shopping mall and, while they include many shops that are not available in the UK, shopping is just not my thing.

Apologize if I/we hijacked thread. :offtopic:

Don't know if you all saw it, but handily enough, Charles did an article about the residential portion of Flamingo Crossings, and it's today's Daily Update. Thanx, Charles! :) Still curious whether the apartments will be for CM's, "regular folks" or a mix. Forgive me if I'm sadly mistaken, but seems weird for Disney to all of a sudden to be getting into the "residential apartments rental" game, no?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/plans-show-apartment-building-designs-for-disneys-flamingo-crossings-west/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

Don't know if you all saw it, but handily enough, Charles did an article about the residential portion of Flamingo Crossings, and it's today's Daily Update. Thanx, Charles! :) Still curious whether the apartments will be for CM's, "regular folks" or a mix. Forgive me if I'm sadly mistaken, but seems weird for Disney to all of a sudden to be getting into the "residential apartments rental" game, no?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/plans-show-apartment-building-designs-for-disneys-flamingo-crossings-west/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+disney-updates+(Disney+Updates+-+wdwinfo.com)

I see it as they are well aware of the large builders gobbling up all the real estate on this side of WDW and want a piece of that pie. Now, whether they delve into land/property management is completely different. They certainly have the capital to limit the saturation of the builders, but not sure how the district would view this.

I see it as they are well aware of the large builders gobbling up all the real estate on this side of WDW and want a piece of that pie. Now, whether they delve into land/property management is completely different. They certainly have the capital to limit the saturation of the builders, but not sure how the district would view this.
Don't know if you're old enough to remember the TV Show "Laugh In", but all I can hear in my head right now is Arte Johnson's voice in my head (and seeing his round, glasses-wearing face in my mind's eye) saying "Verrrrrry interesting". :)

Last edited:
Don't know if you're young enough to remember the TV Show "Laugh In", but all I can hear in my head right now is Arte Johnson's voice in my head (and seeing his round, glasses-wearing face in my mind's eye) saying "Verrrrrry interesting". :)

I was a youngling, but I do remember seeing it.

Awesome, @hertamaniac , looking forward to it, thanx! :)

As promised (@SorcererHeidi), I stopped by this AM. Couldn't really get closer as the road is now closed to thru traffic. Looks like the dirt movers are now in full force. I suspect the Marriott's (took a single photo as a reference) are going to get a spike in rates once Flamingo Crossings is complete.

31392633_10216721482936445_3050705469233430528_o.jpg 31302022_10216721478216327_7247251111449460736_o.jpg 31306855_10216721476056273_2495041043066519552_o.jpg 31337891_10216721473296204_6457137374215274496_o.jpg

I don't think this is the first time Disney has been interested in houses. Disney made Celebration and now Golden Oaks. I think I heard somewhere that Disney was planning on building more college program housing. Perhaps some of these units being built will be for college program.

As promised (@SorcererHeidi), I stopped by this AM. Couldn't really get closer as the road is now closed to thru traffic. Looks like the dirt movers are now in full force. I suspect the Marriott's (took a single photo as a reference) are going to get a spike in rates once Flamingo Crossings is complete.

View attachment 319343 View attachment 319344 View attachment 319345 View attachment 319346
Thanx, @hertamaniac . One of the skills I lack is picturing something in "real life 3-D" by just reading descriptions, so this was really nice. I also can't see stuff "after" in a "before and after" scenario. I'd make a HORRIBLE interior designer! :)

Thanx, @hertamaniac . One of the skills I lack is picturing something in "real life 3-D" by just reading descriptions, so this was really nice. I also can't see stuff "after" in a "before and after" scenario. I'd make a HORRIBLE interior designer! :)

Back in my college days, I took architecture initially and somehow learned to try and project a final product. My takeaway yesterday is that this area is prime for retail and apartments and will certainly take more photos as things come to fruition.

What I also saw for the first time yesterday, is the vertical buildings (Coronado's "high rise" and the DVC Riviera) are now highly visible while driving on the main thoroughfares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts