Disney Springs - Holiday Inn - Balcony view?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
We are considering the DS Holiday Inn for our next visit
Balcony ?
KING BED BALCONY W/ SOFA BED NONSMOKING
LOCATED IN THE 14 STORY TOWER BUILDING

How big is the balcony ?
Standing room only ?
Space for 2 chairs and a small table ?

What is the view ?
If is not a fire works view - then what to you see from the balcony ?
The road ? The garbage being picked up? The tops of buildings?

Any pictures ?

Thank you for your experience and expertise :)

I called the front desk - they said the
KING BED BALCONY W/ SOFA BED NONSMOKING
LOCATED IN THE 14 STORY TOWER BUILDING
is a view of I-4 or the parking lot
So you could hear cars and traffic from the baloncy

So it may pay to get a balcony with a pool or Disney view
Or
Should we do no balcony at all ?

Thank you

Will you be in your hotel room when fireworks are going off?

I'm rarely back in the room at that time so it's not something I'd pay extra for.

Fireworks are nice from there but certainly not close up enough to make the effort.

Yes, I've had balconies at the DS hotels, and I've never used them. Depends on if you will.

I'm rarely back in the room at that time so it's not something I'd pay extra for.

Fireworks are nice from there but certainly not close up enough to make the effort.

Yes, I've had balconies at the DS hotels, and I've never used them. Depends on if you will.

Echo this as we've had them too. The balconies sound like such a perk, but in my mind it may only make sense if you snag a high room at Contemporary or Bay Lake facing MK. To me, I'd rather save $ and go closer for viewing.

There are some very good videos of this hotel posted on YouTube. I would never recommend being directly next to I-4 but even the 2 flanking sides can see the highway. The videos will show you the balcony with table & 2 chairs and will demonstrate the noise reduction from having the door closed (I'm happy with what the videos show.) We did book the 'pool view' rate as it was no extra cost & would guarantee we won't be directly next to I-4.

ETA: we use balconies to eat breakfast we've made in the room. If we weren't doing that, we may not need it. We wouldn't choose to watch fireworks from it either.

Echo this as we've had them too. The balconies sound like such a perk, but in my mind it may only make sense if you snag a high room at Contemporary or Bay Lake facing MK. To me, I'd rather save $ and go closer for viewing.

For large stretches of the year, Florida isn't a "relax outside on the balcony enjoying the view" sort of place because of the weather. I don't have a car and walk everywhere, including to the grocery store. Most of the year, I feel like I need to shower after being outside a few minutes because the humidity is so high.

If you're not visiting during the late fall or winter, chances are strong you won't be hanging out on a hotel balcony.

How big is the balcony ?
Standing room only ?
Space for 2 chairs and a small table ?

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs several times, including twice with a balcony. I never used the balcony because of what I just wrote above. The balconies are decent sized, although I can't remember if they are furnished.

The Holiday Inn Disney Springs consists of a main tower and a wing building that partically surrounds the pool. The hotel is also adjacent to Insterstate 4 (I-4). Personally, I've never been bothered by the sound of I-4. It's a constant "white noise" sort of sound that's easy to tune out. I don't remember hearing it inside any of the rooms at the Holiday Inn.

As for different room types, Pool View rooms are pretty self-explanatory. Those will be in the wing building and (probably) lower parts of the tower directly over the pool. Here's a basic run-down of the tower building views.

This information is based on personal knowledge. Please confirm with the hotel prior to booking.

holidayinn-ds-front.jpg

Source/Link to Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3751601,-81.5096608,179a,35y,90h,39.49t/data=!3m1!1e3

The front of the hotel is the left side. Most of these would be standard balcony rooms with parking lot views. The very top floors might be considered Disney Fireworks views, as you can see Magic Kingdom way off in the distance.

On the right side of the image, you'll see the pool. Lower floors would probably be Pool View rooms. Middle floors would be Disney Springs views. Top floors would be Disney Fireworks views, with Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios off in the distance.

holidayinn-ds-back.jpg

Source/Link to Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3751601,-81.5066489,179a,35y,270h,39.49t/data=!3m1!1e3

This is the reverse view. The left side of the tower all have balconies that face I-4. These rooms would be standard rooms (without Pool, Disney Springs, or Fireworks in their titles).

The right side of the tower is almost all rooms without balconies. The only balconies on that side of the building are on the top floor. (I never understood why they didn't build balconies on that side of the tower.)

For large stretches of the year, Florida isn't a "relax outside on the balcony enjoying the view" sort of place because of the weather. I don't have a car and walk everywhere, including to the grocery store. Most of the year, I feel like I need to shower after being outside a few minutes because the humidity is so high.

Oh, I fully agree as I've lived here in central Florida for almost 2 decades.

The youtube of the elevator in the tower would scare me - I do not like heights
Glass elevator :scared1: I would hate looking down.
So I think the lower side and pool view will be our room choice.
Thank you for the suggestion.

I like having a balcony and use it for Aug trips! I have morning coffee on balcony, and when we get back to room I sit out there with a glass of wine and relax.

Thank you - Almost have DH convince to stay in DS at the Holiday Inn
We will request pool view since it is not in the tower and maybe highest floor is on floor #6

We will request pool view since it is not in the tower and maybe highest floor is on floor #6

I wouldn't assume this. One of the 4 sides of the tower faces the pool. I'd make it clear on your ressie that you want a low floor or don't want a tower room.

I wouldn't assume this. One of the 4 sides of the tower faces the pool. I'd make it clear on your ressie that you want a low floor or don't want a tower room.

Yes, all of that side of the tower faces the pool. But, the upper floors are categorized as Disney Springs and Fireworks views. Those rooms are always more expensive.

That said, in theory pooh2001 might get upgraded. I've gotten complimentary upgrades on stays at that hotel. So, your suggestion to request a lower floor is a very good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!