married2mm

DIS Veteran
I would like to know which ds hotels are most recommended:

without parking fees
Without resort fees

Similar to value but cheaper?

Similar to moderate but cheaper?

Similar to deluxe but cheaper?

Party of 4 and accessible room for wheelchair required..

:thanks:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-springs-hotels-bus-information.3653605/
without parking fees

All seven of the Disney Springs Hotels have parking fee:

Parking Fees (nightly):
  • B Resort and Spa: $22 Self, $28 Valet
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: $8 Self, $12 Valet
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: $22 Self, $27 Valet
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: $10 Self, $24 Valet
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: $18 Self, $24 Valet
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: $14 Self, $20 Valet
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: $15 Self, $15 Valet
Without resort fees

Every hotel except the DoubleTree Suites has a resort/service fee:

Resort Fees (nightly):
  • B Resort and Spa: $28
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista: $13.99
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: None!
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: $30
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: $30
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: $17
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: $25
Similar to value but cheaper?

Rates for non-Disney hotels tend to fluctuate much more than Disney Resorts. It's not unusual to see a hotel sell a room for $69 one night and $269 the following night. Therefore, the qualifier "cheaper" will be date-sensitive.

Aside from price, the only comparable hotel to a Disney Value Resort would be the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista. Confusingly, Wyndham split their Disney Springs Hotel into two properties in their system. The Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista is comprised of motel-style, exterior-entry guest rooms.

Based on reports here and elsewhere, I'd avoid the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista.

Similar to moderate but cheaper?
Similar to deluxe but cheaper?

It's hard to directly compare a Disney Resort with a Disney Springs Hotel. All of the rest of the Disney Springs Hotels have interior-entry guest rooms, which you can only find at a Deluxe or Villa at Disney. Some people (like me) despise the lack of privacy at Disney's Value and Moderate Resorts because of the exterior-entry set-up. So, pretty much all Disney Springs Hotels feel like an upgrade to me.

Additionally, most Disney Springs Hotels have more limited dining options. But, I consider the proximity the restaurants of both Disney Springs and the Crossroads Shopping area to be "part" of the hotel. For example, the distance from some guest rooms at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista to the Marketplace section of Disney Springs is probably similar to the distance from some rooms at a Disney's Port Orleans Riverside to the dining options at the Resort.

Keep in mind, even the smallest Disney Resort is fairly large. In contrast, most of the Disney Springs Hotels are compact. That alone makes the experience feel quite different. Also, the Disney Springs Hotels are adjacent to Interstate 4. You won't get the feeling that you are in the middle of nowhere. That may bother some people.

Party of 4 and accessible room for wheelchair required.

Of course, all of the Disney Springs Hotels will have accessible accommodations.

I've stayed many, many nights at several of the Disney Springs Hotels over the past few years. I've never stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista, B Resort and Spa, or Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. My thoughts of the rest:
  • DoubleTree Suites: Excellent hotel. All rooms are suites about 540 square feet. (That's twice the size of a Disney Value Resort room.) In over 100 nights staying there, I've never had a major problem. Small problems (safe that won't open, dead TV remote) are always fixed with one phone call.
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs: Very good hotel with a great staff. Very clean rooms. On multiple occasions, I had managers approach me in the lobby just to ask if my stay was going well.
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista: Great location but staff needs training. Also spent over 100 nights there but have stopped staying there unless it's dirt cheap (under $120 including resort fee). Had major problems, including: woken up twice by groundskeepers using leaf blowers outside guest rooms before 7am, housekeepers ignoring Do Not Disturb signs, and a broken toilet that took over 1 hour and multiple phone calls to get fixed.
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace: Recently renovated but I won't return because on my last stay the room I had was filthy. Easily the dirtiest room I've had in over 25 years of traveling.
Although I haven't stayed there, the B Resort and Spa gets above-average reviews here. I've held several reservations there, but always ended up canceling to move to my preferred hotel (Doubletree Suites). But, I always consider it when looking for lodging.

Sounds like you may be driving to/from the theme parks. If not, be sure to review the Disney Springs Hotels bus information here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-springs-hotels-bus-information.3653605/

Sorry for the length, brevity is not in my wheelhouse.

:worship: ^THIS

And there was no way to answer this short. All excellent answers.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this writerguyfl! I've been in the process of researching the DS options since they added 60 day fp and trying to compile exactly all of this information. This is perfect!

Thank you so much for this writerguyfl! I've been in the process of researching the DS options since they added 60 day fp and trying to compile exactly all of this information. This is perfect!

And note that sometimes there are special offers that can waive the resort and/or parking fees.

Follow -
- Direct on the hotel websites
- Mousesavers
- www.DisneySpringsHotels.com

And if you are a Hotel Rewards member and using points, most brands resort fees are waived, but you pay parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!