Disney Springs to Magic Kingdom

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
What’s the fastest/most efficient way to get from Disney Springs to the Magic Kingdom in the afternoon?

I asked this question in another Disney forum/group that I am a part of and didn’t get the answers I was looking for.

—I am only going to be taking a Disney bus. Please don’t suggest the Minnie van, Uber, Lyft, etc.

—I am planning on going FROM Disney Springs TO the Magic Kingdom, not the other way around.

Basically, would it be faster to walk to Saratoga Springs and then catch a bus to MK? Or, should I take a bus to the Contemporary and then take the monorail/walk to MK? Or, if you have another quick suggestion, please let me know!! Thanks!

I can't help but laugh with the other thread that's ongoing about people parking at DS and using Disney transportation to get to the parks to avoid the parking fees and how it is seemingly becoming problematic.

Don't take the monorail from CR to MK; it'll take about 20 minutes. Either walk, or go instead to GF or Poly and take the monorail. I would go to GF, but if the bus stops first at Poly and you see a wheelchair boarding, hop off there.

I can't help but laugh with the other thread that's ongoing about people parking at DS and using Disney transportation to get to the parks to avoid the parking fees and how it is seemingly becoming problematic.

I believe OP is staying on property.

If you’re assuming that’s what I’m doing, I’m not. I’m a resort guest who is flying to Orlando; therefore, I’m only relying on Disney transportation. I would like to spend one morning at Disney Springs and then finish the day at Magic Kingdom. I just wanted to find the fastest way to get there since there is not a direct bus from DS to the parks.

I’ve looked at the Disney Springs map, and the only places I want to shop/eat at are in the Marketplace area. Does this bus stop drop off/pick up guests? It would be super convenient if it does!

E803FB5E-F124-4162-92B4-AD425113E977.jpeg

If you’re assuming that’s what I’m doing, I’m not. I’m a resort guest who is flying to Orlando; therefore, I’m only relying on Disney transportation. I would like to spend one morning at Disney Springs and then finish the day at Magic Kingdom. I just wanted to find the fastest way to get there since there is not a direct bus from DS to the parks.
Your situation though does bring up a point.

The other thread was started because someone posted a youtube video about a couple who experienced really long waits to get to MK I believe from Old Key West and they 'discovered' that people were coming from Disney Springs and walking over to Old Key West. Now granted they were talking about early morning where it appears you're talking later in the day but...to me what you were talking about in your OP is exactly what people got upset about (in the other thread and in the youtube video). The salient point though to me personally is just how does one know you're an onsite Disney-owned hotel guest and not other than announcing you're an offsite guest (or onsite but not Disney owned property).

*FTR I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong.

Your situation though does bring up a point.

The other thread was started because someone posted a youtube video about a couple who experienced really long waits to get to MK I believe from Old Key West and they 'discovered' that people were coming from Disney Springs and walking over to Old Key West. Now granted they were talking about early morning where it appears you're talking later in the day but...to me what you were talking about in your OP is exactly what people got upset about (in the other thread and in the youtube video). The salient point though to me personally is just how does one know you're an onsite Disney-owned hotel guest and not other than announcing you're an offsite guest (or onsite but not Disney owned property).

*FTR I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong.

I’m sure eventually they will start to charge people to park at Disney Springs. Or, they might even start scanning magic bands before you can get on the resort busses. Who knows? But if people continue to try and cheat the system, Disney might have to make drastic changes. It’s unfortunate, but it’s not fair to the many people like me who just want to get from Point A to Point B using the “free” transportation promised when booking through Disney.

Oh for heaven's sake....this is such a non-issue. You can't take a bus from the Marketplace anymore...that is for private transportation. You would have to go to the main bus area, over by the garage, and take the bus to the CR, then walk to the MK.
Disney isn't going to start charging for DS parking any time soon..it would severely cut into the number of people going there. People parking there, and then going to a park via a resort bus is not the huge issue that some people seem to think it is.
I've stayed at both OKW and SSR, and never had a bus issue. Can it happen? Sure, if it's a big holiday and the locals don't want to pay to park. But, it just isn't the big issue some here would like to believe.

Disney isn't going to start charging for DS parking any time soon..it would severely cut into the number of people going there.
However, there is paid preferred parking at DS. I was surprised to see it last week.

I just wanted to know the quickest way to get from Disney Springs to the Magic Kingdom since I’ve never been to DS before. I thought I’d ask the Dis community to help me when I was looking at the DS map and noticed the Marketplace bus station. I didn’t think my post would be hijacked into a different discussion. :confused3 Thanks to those who actually did help me out!

However, there is paid preferred parking at DS. I was surprised to see it last week.
Heaven forbid anyone have to walk too far!!! I saw it the last time I was there, a few weeks ago.

I just wanted to know the quickest way to get from Disney Springs to the Magic Kingdom since I’ve never been to DS before. I thought I’d ask the Dis community to help me when I was looking at the DS map and noticed the Marketplace bus station. I didn’t think my post would be hijacked into a different discussion. :confused3 Thanks to those who actually did help me out!
You have to understand what a hot topic this is. There are always folks wanting to know how to circumvent paying to park at theme parks, so they want to park at DS and head to a park that way. Hopefully you got the answer to your question.

Here's a little more information to help actually answer your question without the noise. Sorry about the quality of the map. I didn't spend too much time getting it perfect. (I had to superimpose one up on top of another because you have measure two different distances at once.)

dsmarketplace-busloop-vs-congresspark.jpg

Images/Distances provided by Google Maps.

The red arrow is right out side of Earl of Sandwich in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs. That's the starting point for the distance measurement.

The top left corner of the map is the Congress Park bus stop at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. From there, you can hop on a Disney bus headed to Magic Kingdom. You'll make one additional stop at the resort before going to the theme park. Your final destination will be the bus loop just outside the entrance to Magic Kingdom.

Approximate Walking Distance: 2,200 feet (680 meters)

-----

The other option would be to head to the Disney Springs bus loop, which is located at the bottom left of the map. From there, you'd board a bus to Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arriving at the resort, you'd have to walk to Magic Kingdom (or go inside and take the mororail and stop three times).

Approximate Walking Distance: 2,400 ft (730 meters) at Disney Springs plus about 2,200 ft (700 meters) near Magic Kingdom = 4,600 feet (1,430 meters)

So, if you're in the Marketplace, the best option is to walk to the Congress Park station and go directly to Magic Kingdom.

-----

For the record, whether you are a Resort guest or not, you are not breaking ANY rules. From the Transportation - Frequently Asked Questions page of the Disney World website:

Q. I'm not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?

A. Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats.​

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/

You can't take a bus from the Marketplace anymore...that is for private transportation.

Could you clarify this comment for me?
Would this be the bus stop used by the DS area resort hotels now? If so, that would make me :dancer:

And to the OP, sorry to hijack, it happens:yo-yo:

Here's a little more information to help actually answer your question without the noise. Sorry about the quality of the map. I didn't spend too much time getting it perfect. (I had to superimpose one up on top of another because you have measure two different distances at once.)

dsmarketplace-busloop-vs-congresspark.jpg

Images/Distances provided by Google Maps.

The red arrow is right out side of Earl of Sandwich in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs. That's the starting point for the distance measurement.

The top left corner of the map is the Congress Park bus stop at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. From there, you can hop on a Disney bus headed to Magic Kingdom. You'll make one additional stop at the resort before going to the theme park. Your final destination will be the bus loop just outside the entrance to Magic Kingdom.

Approximate Walking Distance: 2,200 feet (680 meters)

-----

The other option would be to head to the Disney Springs bus loop, which is located at the bottom left of the map. From there, you'd board a bus to Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arriving at the resort, you'd have to walk to Magic Kingdom (or go inside and take the mororail and stop three times).

Approximate Walking Distance: 2,400 ft (730 meters) at Disney Springs plus about 2,200 ft (700 meters) near Magic Kingdom = 4,600 feet (1,430 meters)

So, if you're in the Marketplace, the best option is to walk to the Congress Park station and go directly to Magic Kingdom.

-----

For the record, whether you are a Resort guest or not, you are not breaking ANY rules. From the Transportation - Frequently Asked Questions page of the Disney World website:

Q. I'm not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?

A. Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats.​

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/

YOU ARE AWESOME. :worship: Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter