Disney Survey on attractions

I got this too! The two it asked me about in-depth were TriceraTop Spin and Carousel of Progress. I was honestly thinking to myself that they asked me about the TriceraTop ride because they don't get many people who "experience" it for a survey. :rotfl2:

I got Carousel of Progress and Country Bears on mine. I answered as positively as possible in a mild state of panic

I just received an email survey from Disney regarding attractions.
It asked to indicate the attractions that I have experienced. Based on my answer, it asked me for my experience and feeling about the Tiki Room and the Monster Inc Laughing Floor.

I cann't stop wondering what the purpose of this survey would be. :magnify::magnify:
Mine was about Gorilla Falls and the Maharajah Jungle Trek - the questions didn't really have anything to do with either of those places.

I got that survey too, and it asked me about Hall of Presidents and The American Adventure

Took the survey... received the gorilla trail version. Lots of questions about my feelings, lol.

I got that survey but was concerned about the misspellings of rides and grammar of the questions. I forwarded it to WDW Guest Services and their reply is below:

“I appreciate the time that you took to reach out to us. It appears that this message may not be legitimate correspondence from our company. Please be assured that I am sharing your comments with the appropriate Leadership.”

It doesn’t say for sure and I don’t know what purpose it would serve to send a survey as a phishing attempt, but just FYI.

I hope they are not thinking about getting rid of the animal trails. They are what make AK more than just a theme park.
OK - so, animal trails. First off, LOVE them, it's what makes DAK so unique. Here's the thing though - have you ever done the UP! themed books with the stickers where you have to go talk to all the naturalist CM's? I think there are a total of 29, then you get something - a cloth badge like a boy scout badge I believe. This is a nice idea, BUT REALLY time-consuming. My wife got it in her head we were going to finish it and it was taking HOURS. We got through the first 10 or so when I finally had to stop her - I didn't want to do it, my kids didn't want to do it, and the day was getting REALLY long trying to complete all of them. I like the idea, but there has to be a better way. I know they are phasing out the Magic Bands, but if they just had readers at each of the stations and you scanned the bands in, maybe have the naturalist CM there to answer questions...or not, I don't know. A CR code you could read with your phone and then write down some piece of information in the book you only find on the link - that would work too. The books just really don't work for 1-time-a-year (or longer gap) visitors (AP's should definitely do it if you are there more frequently - tackle a half-dozen each visit - that's not too bad). I like seeking out the less traveled spaces in DAK and this encourages you to do that, but it was just really taking too long to stop and talk to a naturalist at each station.

OK - so, animal trails. First off, LOVE them, it's what makes DAK so unique. Here's the thing though - have you ever done the UP! themed books with the stickers where you have to go talk to all the naturalist CM's? I think there are a total of 29, then you get something - a cloth badge like a boy scout badge I believe. This is a nice idea, BUT REALLY time-consuming. My wife got it in her head we were going to finish it and it was taking HOURS. We got through the first 10 or so when I finally had to stop her - I didn't want to do it, my kids didn't want to do it, and the day was getting REALLY long trying to complete all of them. I like the idea, but there has to be a better way. I know they are phasing out the Magic Bands, but if they just had readers at each of the stations and you scanned the bands in, maybe have the naturalist CM there to answer questions...or not, I don't know. A CR code you could read with your phone and then write down some piece of information in the book you only find on the link - that would work too. The books just really don't work for 1-time-a-year (or longer gap) visitors (AP's should definitely do it if you are there more frequently - tackle a half-dozen each visit - that's not too bad). I like seeking out the less traveled spaces in DAK and this encourages you to do that, but it was just really taking too long to stop and talk to a naturalist at each station.

Yeah, some of those types of things do take way too long. Like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or the Agent P World Showcase Adventure - they are fun ideas, but they can really eat up the time! They should streamline all of that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
How many people really thought they'd turn Splash Mountain into a princess ride? Or get rid of the Great Movie Ride? Or get rid of Toon Town?

Those attractions were all more popular than Tiki Room and Country Bears, and they're all either gone or on the chopping block.
Facts! Disney brass definitely doesn't hold nostalgia as close to their hearts as we guests do.

With any of these surveys, you will probably never know what it was for and how any of the submitted information was used. If a survey is poorly constructed or excessively detailed, people get annoyed with answering what appears to be the same question asked 5 different ways and probably give up. Have had quite a bit of experience with designing/tabulating surveys where I work and you quickly find questions that allow for written replies (sentences) are VERY hard to tabulate since you have to try to categorize what each person said. If you already have in mind the input you want, you will likely slant the questions to fit your assumptions.

If the results are used at all, I suspect they will be a few minor data points like 38% prefer this or 82% don't want that in a presentation to management on several larger topics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter