Disney to charge for resort parking for reservations made March 21,2018 and after

dina444444

DIS Veteran
A note to those that drive or rent cars:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

Damn. They are really looking to alienate a lot of people, huh?

We DME, so no skin off our backs. But...ouch.

Sucks for those who drive. Wow. So very glad we don't. Wonder if it means fewer rent cars now?

ETA - Wait, so overnight guests pay to park. Guests going to eat do not. What if you are going to eat AND going to stay the night? I suppose staying the night overrides dining so you get charged a fee? But if you drive to another resort to dine you won't pay there. Wonder how they are going to determine who's there to eat and who's there overnight?

Sucks for those who drive. Wow. So very glad we don't. Wonder if it means fewer rent cars now?

ETA - Wait, so overnight guests pay to park. Guests going to eat do not. What if you are going to eat AND going to stay the night? I suppose staying the night overrides dining so you get charged a fee? But if you drive to another resort to dine you won't pay there. Wonder how they are going to determine who's there to eat and who's there overnight?
I believe that dining at "select" locations at a resort provides up to four hours of free parking at that resort.

[QUOTE="AngiTN, post: 58942249, member: 355902" Wonder how they are going to determine who's there to eat and who's there overnight?[/QUOTE]
That's easy: if you're a registered Guest, and you enter the parking lot with your Magic Band, then you get charged. They did say it would be charged at checkout.

(BTW, what does "ETA" stand for?)

I believe that dining at "select" locations at a resort provides up to four hours of free parking at that resort.
Yes, always has.

That's easy: if you're a registered Guest, and you enter the parking lot with your Magic Band, then you get charged. They did say it would be charged at checkout.

(BTW, what does "ETA" stand for?)
ETA - Edited to add

Here's in interesting situation for me that I have questions on then.... 1- I already booked my upcoming trip awhile ago, for next month. Does this still apply to those already booked? and 2- While I'm not using a car myself, I will have an overnight guest for just 1 night during my trip that will be using a car. Will they still get charged, and if they do, how will they determine that they only stayed 1 night with the car?

Official info straight from a Disney CM RE: Guests with Disability Parking Placards

To avoid the fee for the parking, you can register your car with security or front desk. You must have a valid disabled parking placard to park in the accessible parking areas. As long as you do this, there will be no parking fee charged to the guest(s).

It begs the question. Are they going to start charging resort guess to park at the 4 parks? It sounds like they really want more control of your trip.

Here's in interesting situation for me that I have questions on then.... 1- I already booked my upcoming trip awhile ago, for next month. Does this still apply to those already booked? and 2- While I'm not using a car myself, I will have an overnight guest for just 1 night during my trip that will be using a car. Will they still get charged, and if they do, how will they determine that they only stayed 1 night with the car?
This doesn’t affect existing reservations. Just for reservations made on March 21 and after.

While I'm not using a car myself, I will have an overnight guest for just 1 night during my trip that will be using a car. Will they still get charged, and if they do, how will they determine that they only stayed 1 night with the car?
Just guessing, but when someone doesn't have a MB registered at the resort, Security asks why they are there. If it's to visit a registered Guest, I believe the guard asks the name of the Guest and verifies that they are indeed registered. So it would be easy for the guard to then add a parking charge for that night, assuming Disney has made the necessary software mods.

I wrote an angry email to WDW about this just now. We already have our reservation, so this won't effect us, but we have a long stay coming up this summer at a Deluxe and it WOULD have cost us $264 because we have to rent a car this time. That is just ridiculous. I don't ever write to complain to Disney, but this pushed me over the edge.

Your overnight guest needs to be listed on the reservation. When that person shows up at the resort, they will ask his name, and it will show up under your reservation. Your room will be charged parking for that one night.

Yes, always has.

But, apparently that perk for visiting diners will remain in effect with the parking policy changes. It does seem "unfair" to charge a parking fee to guests of the resort, who are spending lots of money to stay on property, yet those just visiting for dining are provided free parking for four hours.

Many of those visiting diners grab a quick meal and then head on over to a neighboring park, for a few hours, thus avoiding paying the parking charge at the park. I don't know of any Disney dining experience that takes four hours.

But, apparently that perk for visiting diners will remain in effect with the parking policy changes. It does seem "unfair" to charge a parking fee to guests of the resort, who are spending lots of money to stay on property, yet those just visiting for dining are provided free parking for four hours.

Many of those visiting diners grab a quick meal and then head on over to a neighboring park, for a few hours, thus avoiding paying the parking charge at the park. I don't know of any Disney dining experience that takes four hours.

Well Ohana can be slowish for dinner. and the chef's table at V&A I assume is on the longish side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter