Disney to charge for resort parking for reservations made March 21,2018 and after

I just stayed at BCV and BWV in February.

Something happened that is the root cause of the problem and paying to park is not the solution.

When pulling in I was told I had the option to park for 3 hours or valet for $25 a day. Umm, I'm a DVC member and I'm STAYING at the resort. The guard explained so many people park there and go to EPCOT, so parking is a problem. I said, so either I pay $25 a day or I get towed after 3 hours? Oh, no sir, they won't tow you.

The problem: Letting people park that don't belong there.
The solution: Don't let them park they're if not a resort guest.

PROBLEM SOLVED and then you don't have to charge us that ARE in the resorts.

Can you say "Hello McFly"? I thought you could.
I don't disagree with your identification of the problem, but it still sounds to me like you got a confused guard. We stayed DVC at BWV from March 9th through the 16th. When first arriving near midday on Friday the 9th, the guard scanned my MagicBand and passed me through as a resort guest. No parking pass for the car window (although we had received one at the Villas of the Grand Floridian when we arrived there for the first week of our split stay). Non-guests were being given 3-hr parking passes which they had to show to a cast member at the entrance to the self-parking lot. I had no problem with self-parking throughout the week we were there, since I just used my MagicBand to open the gate each time we returned to the resort and verified that I was a resort guest with the cast member by the parking lot. There was a cast member stationed there on Friday through Sunday, but not during the daytime on Monday through Thursday.

I don't disagree with your identification of the problem, but it still sounds to me like you got a confused guard. We stayed DVC at BWV from March 9th through the 16th. When first arriving near midday on Friday the 9th, the guard scanned my MagicBand and passed me through as a resort guest. No parking pass for the car window (although we had received one at the Villas of the Grand Floridian when we arrived there for the first week of our split stay). Non-guests were being given 3-hr parking passes which they had to show to a cast member at the entrance to the self-parking lot. I had no problem with self-parking throughout the week we were there, since I just used my MagicBand to open the gate each time we returned to the resort and verified that I was a resort guest with the cast member by the parking lot. There was a cast member stationed there on Friday through Sunday, but not during the daytime on Monday through Thursday.

I'm sorry...should have been more specific. This was when I was checking into BCV. I didn't have that problem in BWV parking and heard no mention of 3 hour parking. The point I was trying to make is simply if they don't allow anyone except registered members and/or their guests, then you don't have people parking there and going to EPCOT being an issue. Simple to put a stop to.

I have issues with the new parking policy although (at least for now) it won't affect me...I'm a DVC member. I have a problem because we're already paying a small fortune for the resort, tickets, food, souvenirs and just about everything else on property. There should be no reason to charge me for parking also. It just seems that Disney is going more into the lets nickel & dime them for EVERYTHING mantra and I'm not liking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter