Disney Travel Books for Kids

BOTL76

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney Fans,

My family will be going to Disney at the end of April.
My DW good friend will also be with us for the trip along with her DD8. My one DD7 and her get along great. I was in Chapters and saw Birnbaum's 2018 Disney World Guide for Kids. I quickly glanced through but seemed like a cool thing to pick up one for each of them. However before I do was wondering if anyone had any experiences they could share with bringing kids version Disney travel books with them for the trip? I liked how there were pages at the back for autographs, but then was thinking is this something we want to have on us at each park?
As well was wondering if there were any comparables of other companies that produce a Disney Kids version travel book?
We have done the straight autograph books before so was thinking this might be cool for the kids to have in advance of the trip and also to bring with us. Something to add a bit more value and have as a keepsake for post-trip as well.

Thanks for any feedback!

I purchased this book (15 years ago) for an 10 year old we were taking to Disney. I gave it to her a few months before we traveled so she could read through it, decide what was on her wish list, generally get the lay of the land. We would spend time reading through it together which was a pleasant bonding experience. It got her excited for the trip and she was semi familiar with the territory when we got there. It was a great choice, Birnbaum's does a great job on their travel books.

As to taking it to the parks with us, not something I would recommend if its still the medium sized book it was when I purchased it. Way to heavy to be totting around when you factor in the other items you probably will be carrying. Moms and dads always seem to have to carry for the wee ones. Having said that, its a personal choice. Have a great trip.

Thank you Tinkerone for the reply. Appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to get the book in advance and use it as we count down the days. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!