Disney & Universal Split Stay November

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
It's been a long 5 years since I've been to Universal Studios. I've been planning a trip to Disney for Nov 25-Dec 2 (Sunday through Sunday) and I figured this would be the best time for me to hit up Universal again. In the past, Disney has had shorter hours that Thursday & Friday after thanksgiving (I assume for their cast party & then it's a holiday party night), so I thought those would be the best days to do Universal (if they keep those hours this year). If I'm staying through Sunday though, would it be weird for me to do two days at Universal and then go back to the Disney parks? Should I switch from my Disney hotel to Universal on Thursday morning and stay through Sunday, even if I go back to Disney Saturday & Sunday? It seems like a lot of work to go between 3 hotels vs 2, but I don't know if it'll really suck to be at a Universal hotel the last days at Disney. Any thoughts would be great, thanks!

Editing to add: Another option would be to do a half day at Universal that first Sunday and a full day Monday (staying at RPR so I'd have the express pass). Would that be worth a 2 day ticket?

Last edited:
I have done 2 split trips. I prefer to end at universal. It is so much less hectic and the express pass is a dream. I would have difficulty transitioning back to Disney during such a crowded time after not having to do busses/having express pass.

I have done 2 split trips. I prefer to end at universal. It is so much less hectic and the express pass is a dream. I would have difficulty transitioning back to Disney during such a crowded time after not having to do busses/having express pass.
This is what I keep hearing! It was the opposite of my initial reaction haha. Would you do Friday/Saturday at Universal, then? I'll have to drive home on Sunday, and that way it's not Disney -> Universal -> Disney?

End with Uni. If staying at RPR, you get the EP's. And then you don't have to even worry about Fri/Sat crowd levels. Add a day to your ticket and enjoy some last rides with your EP on check-out day before you start your drive. FUN!

This is what I keep hearing! It was the opposite of my initial reaction haha. Would you do Friday/Saturday at Universal, then? I'll have to drive home on Sunday, and that way it's not Disney -> Universal -> Disney?

Yes that is exactly what I would do. Hard rock from time to time does a gospel brunch I think - that might be a great Sunday morning finale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!